Donnie Darko (Blu-ray+DVD with Slipbox Limited Edition) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release Date: December 12th, 2016
Purchase Links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £27.99 (Arrow Films) - £23.99 (Amazon UK) - £24.99 (Zavvi)
Notes: Limited to 5,000

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
  • Brand new 4K restorations of both the Theatrical Cut and the Director’s Cut from the original camera negatives produced by Arrow Films exclusively for this release, supervised and approved by director Richard Kelly and cinematographer Steven Poster

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations of both cuts

• Original 5.1 audio (DTS-HD on the Blu-ray)

• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing

• Audio commentary by writer-director Richard Kelly and actor Jake Gyllenhaal on the Theatrical Cut

• Audio commentary by Kelly, producer Sean McKittrick and actors Drew Barrymore, Jena Malone, Beth Grant, Mary McDonnell, Holmes Osborne, Katharine Ross and James Duval on the Theatrical Cut

• Audio commentary by Kelly and filmmaker Kevin Smith on the Director’s Cut

• Brand-new interviews with cast and crew, including Richard Kelly and XXX

• The Goodbye Place, Kelly’s 1996 short film, which anticipates some of the themes and ideas of his feature films

• The Donnie Darko Production Diary, an archival documentary charting the film’s production with optional commentary by cinematographer Steven Poster

• Twenty deleted and alternate scenes with optional commentary by Kelly

• Archive interviews with Kelly, actors Jake Gyllenhaal, Jena Malone, Drew Barrymore, James Duval, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Holmes Osborne, Noah Wyle and Katharine Ross, producers Sean McKittrick, Nancy Juvonen, Hunt Lowry and Casey La Scala, and cinematographer Steven Poster

• Three archive featurettes: They Made Me Do It, They Made Me Do It Too and #1 Fan: A Darkomentary

• Storyboard comparisons

• B-roll footage

• Cunning Visions infomercials

• Music video: Mad World by Gary Jules

• Galleries

• Trailers

• TV spots

• Exclusive collector’s book containing new writing by Nathan Rabin, Anton Bitel and Jamie Graham, an in-depth interview with Richard Kelly, introduction by Jake Gyllenhaal and contemporary coverage, illustrated with original stills and promotional materials

• Limited edition packaging featuring new artwork by Candice Tripp

DETAILS:

RRP: £34.99 £27.99

Region: B/2

Rating: 15

Duration: 113 and 133 mins

Language: English

Subtitles: English SDH

Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1

Audio: DTS-HD 5.1

Discs: 4

Colour

1.jpg

Last edited:
Amazon UK: £23.99

Awesome price! Makes it 26,59 GBP shipped for me.

@luke98
Be wary of using free shipping with Amazon UK they are now using Carrier Asendia to deliver orders if free shipping option is used
Carrier Asendia are a disaster for delivery to Rep of Ireland very late delivery or not arrive at all

Free shipping is only available for buyers from the UK and Rep of Ireland mate

Awesome price! Makes it 26,59 GBP shipped for me.

Free shipping is only available for buyers from the UK and Rep of Ireland mate
Luke is from Rep of Ireland
Take a guess where I live :rofl:
The post was in regards free shipping to Rep of Ireland and Carrier amazon are using for Rep of Ireland customers

I have been in contact with amazon UK past few days in regards to this and looks now I might have got them to listen to my complaints and other customer complaints and not use the Carrier Asendia for Rep of Ireland Customers but that won't be known until next week for sure if it's not used anymore

Last edited:
In my experience of buying direct from Arrow their packing is inferior to Amazon Uk at almost every level.
That's interesting because your experience is the exact opposite to mine. I think it's safe to say Amazon in general has taken a hit in terms of their packaging in the recent years, but I've always found Amazon UK to have some of the worst packaging of all the Amazons. US Amazon is really hit and miss, but at least if you're lucky you'll get it done well. I've never had anything packed from Amazon UK in anything close to what Amazon US does when they're on the ball, even when I put in massive expensive orders.

While I haven't made that many orders direct from Arrow (and they're usually pretty big ones when I do), each one has been superbly packed and the stuff arrive in immaculate condition. However, every order I've placed with Arrow has always taken forever to get to me.

That's interesting because your experience is the exact opposite to mine. I think it's safe to say Amazon in general has taken a hit in terms of their packaging in the recent years, but I've always found Amazon UK to have some of the worst packaging of all the Amazons. US Amazon is really hit and miss, but at least if you're lucky you'll get it done well. I've never had anything packed from Amazon UK in anything close to what Amazon US does when they're on the ball, even when I put in massive expensive orders.

While I haven't made that many orders direct from Arrow (and they're usually pretty big ones when I do), each one has been superbly packed and the stuff arrive in immaculate condition. However, every order I've placed with Arrow has always taken forever to get to me.

I would hazard a guess that by placing larger orders you are benefitting from better packing - kind of like Amazon Italy - order 1 it comes in a card envelope. Order half a dozen and they come in a box with some packing materials.
Amazon UK became a little haphazard when the definition of a 'steelbook' changed in their inventory - so some steels went out packed thus, others went out as though they were amaray.
Amazon US can be a bit variable as you say. Amazon DE live up to the reputation of being German and sticklers for getting it right 99% of the time. But I bet they still get up at 5 am and put their towels on the deckchairs - lol

Meanwhile, back on topic, this edition of Donnie Darko is a definite must have - how it hasn't sold out yet is a mystery.My order went in day 1 at Amazon.

From Arrow:
"This will include postcards and a poster and will have its discs housed in two digi-packs, which will be contained within a hard cover"

• Helpful Post
Reactions: PunkNinja
Looks amazing :woot::woot::woot:

I've cancelled yesterday with Amazon and re-ordered with Arrow direct for better packaging. I added 'To live and die in LA' and 'Hired Hand' for free shipping and minus arrow points it was the same price as Amazon and the two Keep cases was 25 GBP :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: tokaman