Votes: 129 44.8%
  • Type B

Votes: 159 55.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: December 23, 2015
Purchase links: One Click (OOS) - Black PET Slip - Red PET Slip - Lenticular Slip (OOS)
Price: $39.99 (PET or Lenti Slips) - $119 (One Click)

12182971_640513382719104_770370116814541632_o_jp.jpg 12247769_640513376052438_3548865314478355399_o_j.jpg 12239422_640513379385771_7779069545648233104_o_j.jpg

·TOTAL PRINT RUN : 4K (Domestic = 2K, International = 2K)
·PET SLIP BLACK EDITION : 950 Copies, Numbered
·PET SLIP RED EDITION : 950 Copies, Numbered
·LENTICULAR SLIP : 1,200 Copies, Numbered
·ONE CLICK : 300 Copies, Numbered (As same numbered PET SLIP BLACK EDITION + PET SLIP RED EDITION + Lenticular slip)
From Novamedia facebook :
Announcement] Novamedia Exclusive Blu-ray Steelbook No.8 [DREDD 2D + 3D]
We are happy to announce that [DREDD 3D] Steelbook
Steelbook will be released in this year.
Please stay tuned for more updates. Thanks!

Dear our customers
Today we would like to hear our valuable customer voice over exclusive steelbook artwork candidate of Dredd 3D
As we said before, Now Ahn Jeongsik in Pixtube, has working on Dredd 3D steelbook artwork
Mr. Ahn designed several candidate for Dredd 3D artwok then We internally discussed final artwork but We have decided to hear our customer voice over following two artwork candidates.
We kindly ask our customer to choose which artwork would be final artwork for steelbook and reply your comments on each of artwork candidate.
We will consider your valuable opinions about artwork then We will post final artwork soon here in Facebook.

We always thanks for your kind supports

Thank you
Novamedia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...

honestly I was expecting it to look washed out on purpose. That doesn't bother me quite so much. Not a fan of the border or (lack of?) finish though. The saving grace will be the PET I think. Plus honestly the video is kind of crap quality... Nova don't have that PA preview finesse :Dso I'm not going to let a few seconds of footage dissuade me.

Aside from the Japan steel every other Dredd has been a let down to me so I'm sticking to my guns... and firing a hot shot come pre-order time. :rofl:

the finish doesnt benefit the art.

i also think nova could do better in the way they show their products (assuming the video is from nova) .. i mean, some guy in what looks like a corridor just dangling the steelbook around? not exactly showing it in the best light

Last edited:
Reactions: Last Lizard
Fugly looking steelbook, I'm also not a fan of PET slips, so bad steelbook + PET slip = FilmArena for me

This release continues to disappoint. The inclusion of Anderson on the back, the font being changed to a more "extreme" font, and now a thin, washed out finish and embossing border. I won't be too upset if I miss out on this.

Reactions: adarkcorner
I'm really disappointed with the result of this Steelbook. It's pretty plain to see no matter how poor the vid quality is. The Steelbook's not up to scratch.

Film Arena's on the other hand is an awesome Steelbook for this movie but I don't like their white slipcover.

The FA Steelbook, with Novas PET slip would be the most badass combination IMO.

I'll probably pass on this now and just stay in bed tomorrow.

Not sure what people were expecting
I guess the border is personal thing
But the steel looks exactly like it should look like per the film
Industrial distressed grimey whatever you prefer to call it
Looks killer to me ,great job by Nova

Reactions: Ashisarobot
You think the Film Arena Dredd steelbook is a letdown?? :confused:
I usually really like Film Arena steelbooks, but I can't stand the "MDREDD" on the front cover, personally (I know what they were trying to do, I just think it looks terrible). Honestly, I don't like the slip either, so it's really not a winner for me.

Will be getting this instead, I think it'll look better than the video shows (I mean... the video is 360p, so it's bound to look worse than it is.)

Last edited: