Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 22nd, 2014
Purchase link: Edge of Tomorrow
Price: 34.99 Euro
Group Buy: Masterblaster

edge_of_tomorrow_fnac_france.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do they still keep issuing steelbooks and amaray boxes with a dvd?
I do not want a dvd , I have a blu ray player, so put an extra blu ray in the steelbook with making of or and extra 2D(for example: age of extinction ES steelbook release) or 3D disc

Reactions: satanclaus
Why do they still keep issuing steelbooks and amaray boxes with a dvd?
I do not want a dvd , I have a blu ray player, so put an extra blu ray in the steelbook with making of or and extra 2D(for example: age of extinction ES steelbook release) or 3D disc

The obvious answer is because people still buy and enjoy films on the DVD format. It doesn't stop studios including a disc of extras or 3D content and the difference in price is negligible, therefore I see no harm in including a DVD.

My issue with the blu ray and dvd combo, is that to me, you are talking about 2 different " formats"
Years ago when dvd was new, when we bought a dvd did we also get an VHS video tape??( I believe I read this remark earlier here on the forum) Dvd movies are sold separately and this should also be the case with blu ray.
movie companies/studios should release the best possible release of a movie on dvd and the best possible release on blu ray.
When in 2016 4K blu rays will be available ,will they also issue them with a "normal" 2K blu ray?
if they want consumers to embrace their new products, they should sell their products with the best possible available quality and not yesterdays old news

2D and 3D disc

AUDIO:
Codec Language Bitrate Description
----- -------- ------- -----------
DTS-HD Master Audio English 5205 kbps 7.1 / 48 kHz / 5205 kbps / 24-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 24-bit)
Dolby Digital Audio English 640 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps / DN -4dB
DTS-HD Master Audio French 2885 kbps 7.1 / 48 kHz / 2885 kbps / 16-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 16-bit)
Dolby Digital Audio Italian 640 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps / DN -4dB
Dolby Digital Audio Spanish 640 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps / DN -4dB

SUBTITLES:
Codec Language Bitrate Description
----- -------- ------- -----------
Presentation Graphics English 31,622 kbps
Presentation Graphics French 25,160 kbps
Presentation Graphics Italian 31,743 kbps
Presentation Graphics Spanish 26,903 kbps
Presentation Graphics Dutch 24,197 kbps
Presentation Graphics Danish 22,988 kbps
Presentation Graphics Finnish 23,884 kbps
Presentation Graphics Icelandic 26,187 kbps
Presentation Graphics Norwegian 24,329 kbps
Presentation Graphics Swedish 27,534 kbps
Presentation Graphics French 0,124 kbps
Presentation Graphics Italian 0,342 kbps
Presentation Graphics Spanish 0,212 kbps

Last edited:
Why do you think it'll be different? I think we'll see the same scenario as it Godzilla and 300 ROAE. Germany having its own edition on 2D and 3D and rest of Europe another. Godzilla had Spanish on both discs, thunk Edge of tomorrow will have it with France/Italy.
The mystery is what discs will the UK carry, however, looking at the French one having Nordic subtitles I would say UK will have this one too

So I gleefully purchased this steelbook at my FNAC store (I probably was the first with that cashier since she spent time reading the instructions about the €10 rebate going on the loyalty card).

DSC01614.JPG

DSC01615.JPG

"Live. Die. Repeat" is written in English on this steelbook, no "Vivre. Mourir. Recommencer" in sight ;) :

DSC01616.JPG