Edge Of Tomorrow - All You Need Is Kill (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon JP Exclusive) [Japan]

domalorite

Premium Supporter
Sep 25, 2012
Retired
Release date: November 12, 2014
Price: ¥ 3,667
Purchase Link: All You Need Is Kill

01.jpg

02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
sometimes when it's bought in Japan, shipping from Amazon to Japan shipping journey less long might be less chance for damage and also that seller can guarantee it's OCD condition and pack it well so it's received in same condition and we don't have to worry. it is what I was forced to to with my zavvi maleficent bought it off ebay and seller made sure I got my OCD copy, it's often just great not to stress and let somebody else do the work and deliver on their words.
I got my AYNIK from Amazon JP, then I loved it so much I ordered a second one that day. It arrived THE NEXT DAY! (I'm in OHIO, folks..) Seriously, does Amazon JP have Teleportation Technology??!! Same thing happened with my buddy in Cali!
Freaky!! (But Freakin' Awesome!!)

I got my AYNIK from Amazon JP, then I loved it so much I ordered a second one that day. It arrived THE NEXT DAY! (I'm in OHIO, folks..) Seriously, does Amazon JP have Teleportation Technology??!! Same thing happened with my buddy in Cali!
Freaky!! (But Freakin' Awesome!!)

hey your using my joke about amazon teleporting technology :p lol yes me too 1 day it's crazy fast, everytime I order I receive next day and same here this is what i did with 2nd copy ordered another one after and order the blu-ray separately also...

hey your using my joke about amazon teleporting technology :p lol yes me too 1 day it's crazy fast, everytime I order I receive next day and same here this is what i did with 2nd copy ordered another one after and order the blu-ray separately also...
Yes! Mea Culpa! image.jpg I TOTALLY lifted that line from you! It was funny then and it's funny now!
(Just forgot to give you credit!):LOL:

sometimes when it's bought in Japan, shipping from Amazon to Japan shipping journey less long might be less chance for damage and also that seller can guarantee it's OCD condition and pack it well so it's received in same condition and we don't have to worry. it is what I was forced to to with my zavvi maleficent bought it off ebay and seller made sure I got my OCD copy, it's often just great not to stress and let somebody else do the work and deliver on their words.

Luckily the person I have purchased from is here in the EU. That will avoid any import costs, which is another bonus! I have already got my shipping confirmation :)
I did order the amaray 'All You Need Is Kill' edition last night through Amazon.jp. I used the gift wrap option for 308 yen I think it was. It showed a picture of a very flimsy paper wrapping. I am guessing the gift wrap is a lot more durable than that, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: lgans316
I did order the amaray 'All You Need Is Kill' edition last night through Amazon.jp. I used the gift wrap option for 308 yen I think it was. It showed a picture of a very flimsy paper wrapping. I am guessing the git wrap is a lot more durable than that, right?
When you add the gift wrapping option, the item is also almost always (every time for me so far) sent in a big cardboard box with a lot of scrunched brown paper (Amazon style). And that really makes a difference :thumbs:

Reactions: meth head
I have just received the amaray edition from amazon.jp. Does anybody know if you can change the language on the menu screen? is it always defaulted/set to German?

Thanks

I have just received the amaray edition from amazon.jp. Does anybody know if you can change the language on the menu screen? is it always defaulted/set to German?

Thanks

I couldn't bare to open my copy, but I am not sure I understand, do you mean it goes back to german while you are watching after pausing it during the movie and when you come back to resume viewing, it defers back to german automatically ?

Or do you mean when you start the movie and get the main menu with the language selection?

I couldn't bare to open my copy, but I am not sure I understand, do you mean it goes back to german while you are watching after pausing it during the movie and when you come back to resume viewing, it defers back to german automatically ?

Or do you mean when you start the movie and get the main menu with the language selection?

It's ok, I did a search on google and found my answer, but thank you. The discs used in the Japanese editions are also the ones used in the German editions?! The start up menu is in German and I wondered if this could be changed but it can't. You just need to go in to the audio section and change that to English. Was a bit surprised but not a biggie.

It's ok, I did a search on google and found my answer, but thank you. The discs used in the Japanese editions are also the ones used in the German editions?! The start up menu is in German and I wondered if this could be changed but it can't. You just need to go in to the audio section and change that to English. Was a bit surprised but not a biggie.

but the disk in the japan blu-ray are the amazon japan custom made disks right ? same one as in the Steelbook japan ?

are the disks in the photo here the one in the blu-ray Japan ?

aaaaaaa.png

This is the version I have so far;
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Edge-of-Tomorrow-Blu-ray/109179/

I have the Amazon.jp steelbook on the way, but so far all I have is the Amazon.jp amaray edition. I put the blu-ray disc in tonight and the title menu was all in German. I wanted to know if this could be changed so did a google search. It turns out these are the same discs that were primarily for the German market, hence the title menu being in German. Does this make sense?

The disc on the left of your picture is the standard blu-ray disc, so that is the disc in the amaray case, yes. The amaray edition does not include the 3D disc seen on the right of your picture. It does however include a dvd of the film with different artwork.

The menu system will be the same on your discs in your picture. They will be in German.

This is the version I have so far;
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Edge-of-Tomorrow-Blu-ray/109179/

I have the Amazon.jp steelbook on the way, but so far all I have is the Amazon.jp amaray edition. I put the blu-ray disc in tonight and the title menu was all in German. I wanted to know if this could be changed so did a google search. It turns out these are the same discs that were primarily for the German market, hence the title menu being in German. Does this make sense?

The disc on the left of your picture is the standard blu-ray disc, so that is the disc in the amaray case, yes. The amaray edition does not include the 3D disc seen on the right of your picture. It does however include a dvd of the film with different artwork.

The menu system will be the same on your discs in your picture. They will be in German.

I have a different Amaray version, mine is the ''amazon.jp limited edition 3D+2D''... I was wondering if it had the japanese writing on it as I know they have the Original Title AYNIK exclusive to amazon.jp/// I know that the steelbook has those custom disks but since it is the same Original title and an Amazon exclusive the 3D+2D blu-ray I was wondering if it had same disks as in the steelbook...

that is the blu-ray I have

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00LNDQICC/?tag=hdnjp-22

@nicblue @C.C. 95 ...ok so been looking at all my different copies of Edge and AYNIK and I still wasn't able to decide which copy to open... @nicblue ever since our conversation I have been a bit less OCD and opened a copy of a release, yes I did :emb: ...but now with this release I can't get myself to open neither the Amaray's nor the Steel of all 3 country collected (Taiwan/Korean/Japan ...I should Open AYNIK but I can't bare the thought of opening it, Amaray japan is so nice as well...oh what to do, oh what to do, that is the question :cautious:

@nicblue @C.C. 95 ...ok so been looking at all my different copies of Edge and AYNIK and I still wasn't able to decide which copy to open... @nicblue ever since our conversation I have been a bit less OCD and opened a copy of a release, yes I did :emb: ...but now with this release I can't get myself to open neither the Amaray's nor the Steel of all 3 country collected (Taiwan/Korean/Japan ...I should Open AYNIK but I can't bare the thought of opening it, Amaray japan is so nice as well...oh what to do, oh what to do, that is the question :cautious:
@Actarus Win the lottery! Problem solved! (Now, was that so hard?!!):p
tumblr_ly0oz4SKAK1qih9f9o1_500.gif

@Actarus you should open the amaray copy, that's just my opinion though because I don't collect amaray's lol. You should keep this steelbook sealed because you can basically see everything this steelbook has to offer and open the nova copy if anything. Also the all you need to kill discs from this steelbook are in German. Pretty strange lol

Reactions: Actarus
@Actarus you should open the amaray copy, that's just my opinion though because I don't collect amaray's lol. You should keep this steelbook sealed because you can basically see everything this steelbook has to offer and open the nova copy if anything. Also the all you need to kill discs from this steelbook are in German. Pretty strange lol

Thanks, I think this is what I will do indeed, if any I will open the Nova as you said and maybe the Amaray of AYNIK as I want to see those beautiful custom made disks with the japanese writing that are suspiciously in German :wow: but german release didn't have title AYNIK written on it ? maybe they shared the printing of the disks with Germany and after put their own custom design on them ?

thanks for making the decision for me :hilarious: ...oh it's so hard sometimes to decide if I open a copy and if so which ones lol