Empty Blu ray Steelbook Cases?

Mar 25, 2011
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew of a site to buy just empty steelbook blu ray cases? I have collected alot of blu rays but not Steelbook ones and i don't want to buy a whole new blu ray if im going to end up with two. so I was wondering if anyone knew anywhere I can buy just the Steelbook cases. (Not Used if possible)

I dont think anyone who collected steelbooks would sell you just the steelbook case empty, would kind of defeat the purpose of collecting steelbooks :D, if i buy a steelbook which i already own the movie then i sell the movie version :naughty:

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew of a site to buy just empty steelbook blu ray cases? I have collected alot of blu rays but not Steelbook ones and i don't want to buy a whole new blu ray if im going to end up with two. so I was wondering if anyone knew anywhere I can buy just the Steelbook cases. (Not Used if possible)

You could always keep an eye out on ebay; over the last couple of weeks I've certainly seen a few 'case only' auctions. And no, I don't understand why anybody would just sell the case either ;) .

My understanding of Empty - is a marketing strategy introduced first by Paramount/Futureshop and Disney/Futureshop joing during the dvd days.

Where empty steelbooks were handed at the cash registry as a freebie if a customer buys the movie. Then it evolved into a "preorder" offer freebie with a refundable downpayment.

Last batch of "empty" ones were

USA - Bestbuy Lord Of The Rings Steelbook
Canada - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Steelbook

You can actually buy some steelbook cases in ebay...I bought an Iron Man 1-2 (Ger) case only just a few weeks ago...

You could always keep an eye out on ebay; over the last couple of weeks I've certainly seen a few 'case only' auctions. And no, I don't understand why anybody would just sell the case either ;) .

They usually sell the disc seprately to get even more money. People even try to sell the digital copy. I saw on ebay the other day, a guy was trying to sell just the code for the digital copy. MONEY HUNGRY

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

My understanding of Empty - is a marketing strategy introduced first by Paramount/Futureshop and Disney/Futureshop joing during the dvd days.

Where empty steelbooks were handed at the cash registry as a freebie if a customer buys the movie. Then it evolved into a "preorder" offer freebie with a refundable downpayment.

Last batch of "empty" ones were

USA - Bestbuy Lord Of The Rings Steelbook
Canada - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Steelbook

Don't forget about Lion King, POTC On Stranger Tides and Cars 2 at Bestbuy

When I read his post I interpreted as him asking if there is a company like memorex that makes packs of just empty jewel case(s) WITHOUT disk(s)... BUT makes generic steelbooks with no specific logo, company and/or movie design(s).
Just blank generic Steelbooks...
If so, is there such a thing?
That be an AWESOME idea! Custom Stickerbook heaven, lol!!!

I intentionally exclude them as they are considered "Viva Metalbox" similar to last year's Disney/Bestbuy US offer which are "Beauty & The Beast", "Toy Story 3" Ironpaks and Not Steelbook

Don't forget about Lion King, POTC On Stranger Tides and Cars 2 at Bestbuy

Yes-
R.gif

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B003IHUIO0/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B003IHUIPY/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

Thanks for this. awesome

Plain Steelbook case

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B003IHUIPY/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

I thought this was pretty cool. I would love to get one, so that when a deadbeat friend wants to borrow a DVD, slip it in this case. I think it would look impressive to hand out a steel to borrow without having to worry about condition when it comes back. Plus I'm sure it's the only steel you would let leave the house.

I already gave my friends and anyone who asks to borrow my blurays a permanent NO. Its kind of mean and cruel, but, people never take care of stuff like this. Not even the discs.

I only let one of my friends ever borrow and thats it. After receiving some dvds that I let borrow back with food stuck to em and water damage on em that was it, lol.