Ever buy a "bad" movie just because it's a SteelBook™?

Do you own Steelbooks of movies you don't like?

• No, I NEVER buy Steelbooks of movies I don't like

Votes: 64 33.7%
  • Yes, I SOMETIMES buy Steelbooks of movies I don't like

Votes: 114 60.0%
  • Yes, my purchases are ALWAYS based on the art/features alone

Votes: 17 8.9%

Votes: 63 33.2%

Votes: 115 60.5%

Votes: 63 33.2%

Votes: 116 61.1%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
So fess up-has there been a time when you've been seduced by the art of the Steelbook, but really didn't like the flick?

Examples? Chime in and have fun!
DB

Last edited by a moderator:
He was also nominated for "A Beautiful Mind" - funnily enough he was using the exact same facial expression playing a nutty professor as he did when we was a Gladiator...

Seriously, the Oscar for best picture a year later went to "Chicago" - does that mean THAT is a good movie also :hilarious:

LOL

Gladiator won 5 Oscars, including Best Picture!

Russell Crowe got Best Actor..

The Hurt Locker for me. Wasn't blown away by the film like everybody else seemed to be at the time. Bought the recent UK Steelbook because it looks so good and I'm going to give the film another go because of it.

Kill bill 2 Canadian steel.

I don't hate the movie, number 1 is easily in my top 10 films, but the artwork has given me more pleasure than the film :p

Reactions: rodtp
The Runaways cover looked cool really hated the movie

Resident Evil Degeneration glossy shiny cover. Big fan of the games especially RE2 but this movie was so boring

I would have to say no, I decided very early on not to buy anything I didn't like.

There has been some buys that have been a hit and miss where I bought something limited because I thought I might be interested in it. I think my reasoning there was that I better buy it now for a cheap price rather than later for a silly price at ebay.

Mine are:

Wolfman
Cars 2
Hulk
Twilight 1&2 (girlfriends)

I think they should make Battlefield Earth a super limited steel! Just watching everyone scramble for the only 100 copies on earth and then watching them sell on eBay for £500+ each classic!

Mine are:

Wolfman
Cars 2
Hulk
Twilight 1&2 (girlfriends)

I think they should make Battlefield Earth a super limited steel! Just watching everyone scramble for the only 100 copies on earth and then watching them sell on eBay for £500+ each classic!

What?! Cars2 is great, better than the first :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

None yet cept maybe Fast and Furious 4... Was about to buy Sherlock Holmes as well but held off cos i didn't like the movie:(

Maybe it is a good thing (money wise) that there are not too many steelbook releases in the states. Otherwise I woudl have a lengthy collection of steelbook buyer's remorse. Right now I can chime in with:

The entire Twilight series
The Muppets

Most of my buys are movies I actually enjoyed, so it makes collecting that much better.

***side note - I actaully don't mind the Twilight series, very weird to say. Just not sure if they would have been worth a purchase had a steelbook not been released.