Ever buy a "bad" movie just because it's a SteelBook™?

Do you own Steelbooks of movies you don't like?

• No, I NEVER buy Steelbooks of movies I don't like

Votes: 64 33.7%
  • Yes, I SOMETIMES buy Steelbooks of movies I don't like

Votes: 114 60.0%
  • Yes, my purchases are ALWAYS based on the art/features alone

Votes: 17 8.9%

Votes: 63 33.2%

Votes: 115 60.5%

Votes: 63 33.2%

Votes: 116 61.1%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
So fess up-has there been a time when you've been seduced by the art of the Steelbook, but really didn't like the flick?

Examples? Chime in and have fun!
DB

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm usually very select with what steelbooks i get (film has to be really good for me or it's one of my favourites)

I've taken a gamble with Battleship though. seems like my kind of film (basically one big AV demo)

I let the artwork decide, I dont really care if I like the movie or not. Also how limited it is, lets say a steelbook is somewhat between ugly and nice but its limited to lets say 3k copies, instant buy for me :)

Not really movies I hate, but movies from which I only saw the trailer.
I didn't get the steelbook from others that I thought were average (Thor, Cpt. America, Hulk to name a few).

Generally I try to only get Steelbooks of movies that I really like, but sometimes it's not easy to follow this rule ...

The last ghost rider movie. I stuck all my Ghost rider blu-rays in that case so its got 3d and regular Spirit of Vengeance and the extended of the original. It was the only Ghost Rider steel I liked. (For those aware of the German steel of the original movie)

Oh yeahr, I have a few movies which I don't like in my collection as steelbooks, too... :rolleyes:

- Green Lantern (GER)
- Priest (GER)
- Knowing (AU)
- Conan (FR)
- Sucker Punch (GER)
- Ghost Rider 2 (US)
- Drive (UK)

I won't buy a bad movie just because it's a Steelbook. I have bought some movies knowing that they are supposed to be bad in a Steelbook but there's always a chance I will like the movie!:) it doesn't always work, Green Hornet I'm looking at you!:hilarious:

I only buy Steelbooks where I like the film or if it gets good reviews and I think I might like it, but I think I may just broke my rule ordering Red Line. I haven't seen the film and it gets very bad reviews, but I like the cover and I took a gamble. I may even like the film as it has fast cars in it. :movie:

I bought 2012 simply because I had to flesh out a 2 for £?? offer and that was the only steelbook included. Watched the film once and won't be watching it again, but at least the steelbook is nice :D