Release date: May 20th, 2014
Purchase links:
Amazon.com
BestBuy.com
Notes: Matte finish

The entire line-up of Anchor Bay 2014 Wave of Blu-ray SteelBooks

41QpgaxZ09L._SL500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My copy was waiting for me when I arrived home from work. Looks pretty nice but there's that nasty thick anti-theft strip stuck to the card on the back!

Seemed to be nice steelbook, I'm loving this artwork over UK one... Mine just got dispatch message from Amazon along with Killing Me Softly / Lawless just hope that they did pack the parcel well...

I just happened to walk in to Best Buy this morning, and I didn't see this or any of the other steelbooks in stock, let alone an empty space for them on a shelf.

Are these online exclusives? Or are they just ridiculously hard to find?

Best Buy's out of it on-line and Amazon pulled it, they say there's a problem with the item or a problem with the way they are shipping it. I know Amazon's shipping the Django steel in bubble padded envelopes and having problems.

I have learned my lesson with Amazon's packing, (or lack there of), quite a while back. I now always opt for the gift wrap with steelbooks. And even with amaray blu-rays I have to send 10% back to Amazon due to lack of protection in those yellow mailer envelopes.

F'N Amazon shipped this in only a bubble mailer.....showed up with a dented corner.
It's minor, but visible from the front :(

US - Evil Dead

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

SW1U2fh.jpg

iczjQxa.jpg

AoPCHis.jpg

bvzI5g2.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

RIGFahU.jpg

2cHz1OS.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

41cgKNL.jpg

QLtoAwa.jpg

Great pics ricster. Im looking to get this delivered to the U.K. hopefully in mint condition like yours, where did you order it from?

Amazon US. shipped in a box with no protection. Got very lucky. The other have dings. Thats why I didnt order Django. I went in Wreck's GB for that cause he'll only get the best quality.

Amazon US. shipped in a box with no protection. Got very lucky. The other have dings. Thats why I didnt order Django. I went in Wreck's GB for that cause he'll only get the best quality.

Cheers ricster, I see this is still under review on amazon.com. Guess I will just have to wait till it comes back up for order and hope for the best :ohno:

I've never tried ordering a steel from Amazon, but it's looking like it's my only option if I wanna get this release.

Anyone have any tricks or clues for me use so that Amazon doesn't just send it in a padded envelope?

Idea, tricky one, maybe order more than 1 Steelbook or item, and see if they package in a box? I've noticed over the years that if I order multiple Steels or items, they are more likely to come in a box. But it also depends on whether all items come from the same distribution center or drop shipper (Amazon uses several). Good luck!

Reactions: IdeaOfEvil