Release date: May 20th, 2014
Purchase links:
Amazon.com
BestBuy.com
Notes: Matte finish

The entire line-up of Anchor Bay 2014 Wave of Blu-ray SteelBooks

41QpgaxZ09L._SL500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never tried ordering a steel from Amazon, but it's looking like it's my only option if I wanna get this release.

Anyone have any tricks or clues for me use so that Amazon doesn't just send it in a padded envelope?

Even 2 items will be sent in a Jiffy Bag. They even send out international orders in them! You'll need to order a minimum of 3 and hope they get sent out together, then you may get a box. However, even selecting the 'ship when complete' option is no guarantee that that will happen. It's very much the luck of the draw. So good luck!

Reactions: IdeaOfEvil
Idea, tricky one, maybe order more than 1 Steelbook or item, and see if they package in a box? I've noticed over the years that if I order multiple Steels or items, they are more likely to come in a box. But it also depends on whether all items come from the same distribution center or drop shipper (Amazon uses several). Good luck!

It's kind of a fleeting idea to order multiple things and expect better packaging just because the items would be put in a box. Generally a box is trickier because items are stacked on top of each other in no particular order, there's random packing material thrown in on the very top (crumpled paper, air filled plastic bags, non-air filled plastic bags), and the boxes themselves are random in size and don't fit snug to the items anyways.

Thanks for the reply, though =)

This should be readily available to buy at your local Best Buy. They recently did a reset of the Blu-rays and this is one of the new additions.

I ordered 5 different steels and got a box. I have an order for 1 to ship soon so we'll see what packaging I get. So far all copies pristine. :cool:

Found this for 5 bucks! I guess you get what u pay for lol not the best of the Steelbooks but for 5 bucks I can live with bit! Red UK one is much better but we need a proper premium edition on this film!