Evil Dead (2013) - In theaters April 5, 2013

pmartin252

Who Blu Supermod
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2010
Altea, Spain
From IMDB:
Mia, a young woman struggling with sobriety, heads to a remote cabin with her brother and three friends, where the discovery of a Book of the Dead leads them to unwittingly summon up demons living in the nearby woods.

Trailer:

Evil-Dead-Banner.jpg

The producer of the new version of Evil Dead has stated that he is excited about the remake of The Evil Dead, and has described it as "gut wrenching" and intense". The film is due for release in 2013.

Evil_Dead_Hi_rez_NYCC_10_13_12.jpg

“Five twenty-something friends become holed up in a remote cabin. When they discover a Book of the Dead, they unwittingly summon up dormant demons living in the nearby woods, which possess the youngsters in succession until only one is left intact to fight for survival.”

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 248
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hussun
Honestly though, who cares? I'm not saying that to you pmartin, but rather in response to the producer. I can't abide these pointless remakes of classic horrors.

First image from the movie -

Evil_Dead_Hi_rez_NYCC_10_13_12.jpg

Teaser trailer description -

“Starts with camera going into forest in the Sam Raimi POV style from the original. The group of friends uncover the cellar door, which is already smeared with blood. They open the book of the dead and it cuts again to the first person camera. He reads from the book and then everything goes crazy with quick shots. A voice over says “We’re all going to die tonight”. The dead rise from the ground, and they look amazing, wet, bloody, and scary. Cuts to a girl slicing her mouth open with a knife, then someone on fire screaming, and then to someone chopping off their arm with a chainsaw. There was a tease of Jane Levy being held by vines, slowly crawling up her legs. Cuts to a dead girl splitting her tongue in half with a rusty blade.

It honestly gave me chills because of how much promise it offers. One thing’s for sure, Fede Alvarez knows how to shoot horror.

It’s one of the best trailers I’ve seen in years.”

I wasn't interested in this to be honest, but I did manage to see a camera filming of the trailer from NYCC and it looks good!

Now this has gained my interest

I love the original trilogy and wasn't really sure about this one until I saw the bootleg trailer yesterday. I have to say I really like the look of it. It does look like it could be 'gut wrenching' which I like. The gorier the better for me.
I've seen a lot of the remakes that have been released and while they'll never match up to the original I've enjoyed most of them nevertheless.
No Ash in this one is a huge risk though as he is the film pretty much. I really want this to be good :ohno:

Gotta admit that after seeing that bootleg trailer and hearing about the reactions from the crowd, i'm lookign forward to seeing this. the fact that it's produced by Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell as well gives me confidence

Oh Cool!....

I checked IMDB and this is awesome!!

David (Shiloh Fernandez)

Eric (Lou Taylor Pucci)

Mia (Jane Levy)

Olivia (Jessica Lucas)

Natalie (Elizabeth Blackmore)