Evil Dead (2013) - In theaters April 5, 2013

pmartin252

Who Blu Supermod
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2010
Altea, Spain
From IMDB:
Mia, a young woman struggling with sobriety, heads to a remote cabin with her brother and three friends, where the discovery of a Book of the Dead leads them to unwittingly summon up demons living in the nearby woods.

Trailer:

Evil-Dead-Banner.jpg

The producer of the new version of Evil Dead has stated that he is excited about the remake of The Evil Dead, and has described it as "gut wrenching" and intense". The film is due for release in 2013.

Evil_Dead_Hi_rez_NYCC_10_13_12.jpg

“Five twenty-something friends become holed up in a remote cabin. When they discover a Book of the Dead, they unwittingly summon up dormant demons living in the nearby woods, which possess the youngsters in succession until only one is left intact to fight for survival.”

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 249
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hussun
I felt like that mate as I LOVE Evil Dead 1 & 2, and Army of Darkness but seeing the trailer has brought me round. It looks really dark, scary and hardcore gore! Hopefully it'll shock just as much as the original did when that was first released

I felt like that mate as I LOVE Evil Dead 1 & 2, and Army of Darkness but seeing the trailer has brought me round. It looks really dark, scary and hardcore gore! Hopefully it'll shock just as much as the original did when that was first released

I'm just getting sick of all the bloody remakes! Nightmare on elm street, Halloween, starship troopers, total recall, Texas chainsaw massacre and Robocop! To name but a few.

I'm just getting sick of all the bloody remakes! Nightmare on elm street, Halloween, starship troopers, total recall, Texas chainsaw massacre and Robocop! To name but a few.

I wouldn't blame you, not many remakes seem to anywhere near as good as the original. The Halloween remake was one that I really disliked, been ages since I've seen it but I remember really being annoyed by it.

Without trying to go too much off topic.....

Elm Street remake as TERRIBLE! I've got no interest in Total Recall remake (same goes for the Conan remake). Halloween I hated the first time I watched it, but on repeat viewings I really like it now. Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake I love! Brilliant movie that one. Robocop, I am dead dead dead against

Reactions: wyatt03
Without trying to go too much off topic.....

Elm Street remake as TERRIBLE! I've got no interest in Total Recall remake (same goes for the Conan remake). Halloween I hated the first time I watched it, but on repeat viewings I really like it now. Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake I love! Brilliant movie that one. Robocop, I am dead dead dead against

The nightmare remake for me was the worst kind of travesty! **** **** ****, no Robert Englund WTF. It's like having Jaws with no great white. Truly shocking!!!

Reactions: cooey
Remake? or Sequel?

It bothered my focus... when I saw Ash's car in the trailer...

Could it be? that this is a continuation and at the after credits..

Ash shows up coming from time (army of darkness)

I'm generally not a fan of remakes but I'll make an exception for this – especially with Raimi's involvement. Unlike other filmmakers… ahem, George Lucas, I think Raimi has the talent to revisit his source material without tarnishing the original or neglecting to aspire to improve upon it.

^^^very doubtful of a Sequel, it has the same happenings as the first movie. The demon girl in the basement, a person getting their hand possessed and cutting it Off and the Tree scene(ya'll know what I'm talking about;)) Remake for sure.

Cant wait for this!!..It looks like its gonna be a fantastic reboot..So happy Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell were in on it!!