Evil Dead (2013) - In theaters April 5, 2013

pmartin252

Who Blu Supermod
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2010
Altea, Spain
From IMDB:
Mia, a young woman struggling with sobriety, heads to a remote cabin with her brother and three friends, where the discovery of a Book of the Dead leads them to unwittingly summon up demons living in the nearby woods.

Trailer:

Evil-Dead-Banner.jpg

The producer of the new version of Evil Dead has stated that he is excited about the remake of The Evil Dead, and has described it as "gut wrenching" and intense". The film is due for release in 2013.

Evil_Dead_Hi_rez_NYCC_10_13_12.jpg

“Five twenty-something friends become holed up in a remote cabin. When they discover a Book of the Dead, they unwittingly summon up dormant demons living in the nearby woods, which possess the youngsters in succession until only one is left intact to fight for survival.”

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 249
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hussun
Heard Sam Raimi briefly speaking about this earlier today on the radio when he was asked about it & what he thought about the remake. He was promoting another movie, but when he was asked about this his whole pitch changed & you can tell he was excited about it. He said he had seen a screening of it with a crowd of people and it was truly badass!

Yea well, we will have to see. The originals are like Star Wars to some hardcore fans so reboots are always judged more critically.

The fans wanted Evil Dead 4, instead we got a remake. Without Ash.

Still, I will watch with an open mind...

I am not a fan of remakes, but, as big fan of the original, will go and watch it. I am not expecting it to be better, but if it's close to the 1981 film, I will be satisfied.

'Evil Dead' (2013) - In theaters April 12, 2013

I wasn't looking forward to this film at all! Bit now it's nearly upon us, my interest is growing! I hope it's got some humour like the others, not just all scares. The original had a really good mix of horror and humour :)

I read that this movie almost made the NC-17 rating list because of it being so grizzly throughout the entire movie. I also read despite that its a remake that it does not have the humor side to it like the older movies. I don't know if that's true or not but I definitely want to see this to experience it for myself. EEK!

Sometimes reboot's/remakes are pale imitations of their originals but raimi has given this a big thumbs up so that's good enough for me, roll on saturday :scat: