Ex Machina (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #18) [Czech Republic]

Oct 28, 2013
Release date: October 2, 2015
Purchase link: FilmArena (sold out)
Price: 699 CZK (26.57)
Notes: Limited to 751 copies

Group Buy (closed): carllenc

ex machina.jpg

film_21522_1.jpg11816015_1162777940405425_843294735_n.jpg11774666_1162777947072091_1014548462_n.jpg

- WWA steelbook - same as Zavvi etc. (even though it looks little different from these photos - it is because of light)
- front embossed; back "AVA" title debossed
ex_machina_03.jpg

ex_machina_04.jpg
ex_machina_11.jpg
ex_machina_13.jpg

ex_machina_18.jpg

ex_machina_17.jpg

Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 English; DTS 5.1 Czech, Hungarian, Portuguese, Spanish; Dolby Digital 5.1 Polish, Russian, Thai, Turkish
Subtitles: English, Czech, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Estonian, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian
Region: ABC

Extras:
- The Story (00:02:17)
- The Cast (00:03:08)
- The Design (00:02:48)
- Creating Ava (00:03:17)
- The Turing Test (00:01:51)

-Single Blu-ray disc SteelBook,
- WEA FullSlip original packaging, with an attractive finish,
- Lenticular magnet with 3D effect of AVA,
- 32-page PhotoBook,
- Collectible Character Cards with protagonists,
- Collectible Art Cards art cards with interior design sketches,
- Numbered Plastic Collectible Card and of course a Holographic Sticker with the indication of the number of your Collector's Edition,
- And also a special bonus in the form of Collectible Poster with technical drawing of AVA Android.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I totally appreciate everything Carl does for us.. its BEYOND frustrating that on a release of such limited numbers - people are allowed 2x copies. So many of the people who missed out on this would have gotten one if it was 1x per person.

I totally agree.

maybe @carllenc and @Collector03601 think about it in the future. I have bought plenty thru their wonderful GB's. but only one copy of each !

Plain and simple. Just like Carl has stated before, anybody who participated in the group by and turns around and resells it on eBay will be banned in the Future Group buys. For the record of course I have not participated in the group buys...

Reactions: Actarus
Plain and simple. Just like Carl has stated before, anybody who participated in the group by and turns around and resells it on eBay will be banned in the Future Group buys.
When did he say that? Because I know of at least one person that buys from GBs then resells both here and on eBay.

Plain and simple. Just like Carl has stated before, anybody who participated in the group by and turns around and resells it on eBay will be banned in the Future Group buys. For the record of course I have not participated in the group buys...
Not that I'm trying to interpret Karel's comment one way or another, but as far as I know, he mentioned this only once in the context of the FA Elektra GB when it looked like only 20 copies would be available for that GB.

Just out of curiosity, what if you blind buy an FA release and then watch the film and don't like it and sell it on? Like I said I'm just curious as everything I've bought so far I know I've 100% wanted but with some other steelbook's I've bought(having never seen the film)if I find i don't like it I sell it.

It is your property so you can do what you want. But I think it is unwanted to try the get a win out of this. When you watched the movie first the Slip isn´t sealed anymore. I guess most reseller won´t open their Slip....

Just out of curiosity, what if you blind buy an FA release and then watch the film and don't like it and sell it on? Like I said I'm just curious as everything I've bought so far I know I've 100% wanted but with some other steelbook's I've bought(having never seen the film)if I find i don't like it I sell it.
If it is applicable, I'm pretty sure it's for scalpers reselling sealed copies - rather than something that would be an issue if you opened it up, didn't like it then decided to sell it on.

Reactions: chunk

I think he only said that about elektra given that it was such a low print run. I am pretty sure there are people who sell them on, as I have seen them listed in various places.

For me personally 1 copy is for you as a member :woot:. IF you watch that one dont like it THEN Resell is cool recoup your cost put it towards another :cigar: .

2 copys are eather A for a mate , B OCD 1open 1sealed , both sit well with me :thumbs: and I do understand the why 1opened 1 sealed however IT BURNS OUR EYES AND FINGERS THE PESKY CELOPHANE :banghead: :banghead: .

OR

C Resell this is making money yourself off ALL the hard work Karel puts in o_O . IF a member is doing that then give Karel a DECENT CUT :thumbs: .HE has given his time and effots to make us happy :dunno: .

Close to stealing off a mate for me :squint: :( .

Not that I'm trying to interpret Karel's comment one way or another, but as far as I know, he mentioned this only once in the context of the FA Elektra GB when it looked like only 20 copies would be available for that GB.

I thought it was a rule of thumb with his group buys. He might have to clarify.

If it is applicable, I'm pretty sure it's for scalpers reselling sealed copies - rather than something that would be an issue if you opened it up, didn't like it then decided to sell it on.

Yes indeed Karel has a Policy of not reselling his GB copies on ebay, he has mentioned it once in Elektra GB true, but last I have spoken with @Collector03601 it was reconfirmed as it is Karel's hard work that someone is taking advantage of. Karel brings us those Group Buys for the Collector only, he himself being a big collector, he wants to bring us the opportunity to collect film arena Collection Releases. So this rule is for Scalpers. Yes they are aware of some who scalp their copies but it is up to them to take care of this.

Yes indeed Karel has a Policy of not reselling his GB copies on ebay, he has mentioned it once in Elektra GB true, but last I have spoken with @Collector03601 it was reconfirmed as it is Karel's hard work that someone is taking advantage of. Karel brings us those Group Buys for the Collector only, he himself being a big collector, he wants to bring us the opportunity to collect film arena Collection Releases. So this rule is for Scalpers. Yes they are aware of some who scalp their copies but it is up to them to take care of this.

The Scalper rule is one thing, but HDN have definitely used the 1x copy per member rule before on other limited Group Buys and if its suppose to be "equal opportunity" Looking thru the list more than HALF the members on there have requested a second copy. Thats over 100 copies that could have been allocated to people who have NONE going to folks that are doubling up. If there are plenty to be had then sure, I have no issues. But with only 300 - There should be some kind of common sense applied to the distribution rather than what made sense for a previous GB with unlimited copies.

The Scalper rule is one thing, but HDN have definitely used the 1x copy per member rule before on other limited Group Buys and if its suppose to be "equal opportunity" Looking thru the list more than HALF the members on there have requested a second copy. Thats over 100 copies that could have been allocated to people who have NONE going to folks that are doubling up. If there are plenty to be had then sure, I have no issues. But with only 300 - There should be some kind of common sense applied to the distribution rather than what made sense for a previous GB with unlimited copies.
Hey guys the 1x copy "guideline" was added years ago for very limited qty group buys so that group buy leaders wouldn't spend significant time/ manual work supplying resellers vs collectors, and to help members add items to their collections. A host "could" be asked to limit to 1 per member, as a courtesy. 700+ qty may not be considered a "limited" group buy like some of those held over the years, but I've tagged @apsmith21 and @Naughtius Maximus in case they wish to discuss further. Thanks all.

In spolier is also hungarian, but in filmarena.cz only english and czech....I asked FA, but they dont know which languages would be ...sorry for my english
@Laszlo : Yes, there is Hungarian. The disc was already released in Poland - and in spoiler in the fist post is full specification of it which comes directly frome the disc (same disc will be also in the Czech Republic).

Hey guys the 1x copy "guideline" was added years ago for very limited qty group buys so that group buy leaders wouldn't spend significant time/ manual work supplying resellers vs collectors, and to help members add items to their collections. A host "could" be asked to limit to 1 per member, as a courtesy. 700+ qty may not be considered a "limited" group buy like some of those held over the years, but I've tagged @apsmith21 and @Naughtius Maximus in case they wish to discuss further. Thanks all.

Thanks DB. Keep in mind the was 299 copies available for GB. 750 was the total print run from FA.