snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: June 1st, 2015
Purchase link: Ex_Machina
Price: £21.99
Notes: Embossed Front with Gloss Varnish Finish and Debossed Reverse. Limited to 2,000 copies.
Steelbook is not silver

11072619-1424269404-678753.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678814.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678707.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678702.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678758.jpg

In hand hidefninja.com exclusive pics:
Posted here 12:09pm EST, May 7 as received from Zavvi

cjgidi1431014896-jpg.158575

be2uwy1431014853-jpg.158576

fl3rah1431014804-jpg.158577

Last edited by a moderator:
Seen this tonight. I really enjoyed it for the most part. Maybe a little predictable, but a classy sci-fi film all the same.

I agree, anyone going to see this and expecting something entirely new might be disappointed on that aspect, as AI and the questions around it have been done before in Bladerunner and many other films and especially in Star Trek Next Gen with Data. It presents it this time with a fresh and exceptionally stylish look and feels fresh and asks a few different questions even if ultimately it doesn't add anything new. I also do agree with the poncy baffoon that is always on Film2015 with Claudia that its ever so kinky too this time round in many ways lol. I can see this film being talked about in years to come in Film studies class. As a first directing effort though it is quite brilliant, I really can't wait to see what he does next.

Reactions: meth head
I agree, anyone going to see this and expecting something entirely new might be disappointed on that aspect, as AI and the questions around it have been done before in Bladerunner and many other films and especially in Star Trek Next Gen with Data. It presents it this time with a fresh and exceptionally stylish look and feels fresh and asks a few different questions even if ultimately it doesn't add anything new. I also do agree with the poncy baffoon that is always on Film2015 with Claudia that its ever so kinky too this time round in many ways lol. I can see this film being talked about in years to come in Film studies class. As a first directing effort though it is quite brilliant, I really can't wait to see what he does next.

Completely agree.

Alex Garland is a talent for sure. I think 28 Days Later and Never Let Me Go owe a lot to the wonderful screenplays by Garland.
As a directorial debut goes, this is pretty stunning stuff. The three central performances are pretty exceptional as well. Issacs is standout for me. The guy is a chameleon. His performance in this in comparison with A Most Violent Year is nothing short of special. I predict big things for Isaacs.

The film lover in me wants to give this a shot, but the cynical movie goer in me realises Sci-Fi isn't what it used to be. It's when I watched Prometheus two years ago, the "Sci-Fi is on it's last legs" epiphany started to sink in. That was furthermore obvious with Oblivion and Elysium; which almost made me give up the genre completely.

Negativity aside, the reviews for this one look very promising.

The film lover in me wants to give this a shot, but the cynical movie goer in me realises Sci-Fi isn't what it used to be. It's when I watched Prometheus two years ago, the "Sci-Fi is on it's last legs" epiphany started to sink in. That was furthermore obvious with Oblivion and Elysium; which almost made me give up the genre completely.

I really enjoyed Oblivion and Elysium, especially Elysium.

I think you're just looking in the wrong places for your sci-fi dose. I've seen some awesome recent examples of the genre, but they didn't come in a blockbuster form.

I think you're just looking in the wrong places for your sci-fi dose. I've seen some awesome recent examples of the genre, but they didn't come in a blockbuster form.

You have a point there. That said I did enjoy Interstellar, but it's not true Sci-fi IMO. Ultimately a drama set in space.

Just back from seeing this and I have to say I shall be keeping my preorder.
A smart film that is simmering with tension.
Oscar Iassac was so menacing in it, I can't wait to see his performance in Star Wars!

Of all my pre-orders this one excites me most. A new release, gaining cult status already, low print run, and OOS months before release. All the elements are there for this to go molten.

It'll be back in stock. Especially as I've found out this week that it seems to be common practice now for Zavvi to increase their print runs if they find something is selling well.

It'll be back in stock. Especially as I've found out this week that it seems to be common practice now for Zavvi to increase their print runs if they find something is selling well.

That is not true there has been many a steelbook I wish they had re-released/printed more.

They don't tend to do that even when lots of people get damaged ones and they do not have any more so people have to tale partial refunds or full refunds :(

But looking at like how popular Frozen steelbook was but it has never come back.

what are you talking about?
The Jungle Book and The Little Mermaid.

And countless other titles that 'sold out' but came back in stock again and struggled to sell out again!!

Maybe only certain titles, NOT ALL. But they've done it.....

Not to mention holding back stock for months for a convention.

The Jungle Book and The Little Mermaid.

And countless other titles that 'sold out' but came back in stock again and struggled to sell out again!!

Maybe only certain titles, NOT ALL. But they've done it.....

Not to mention holding back stock for months for a convention.

nobody knows exactly how zavvi's stock system works in certain instances, it's still a big mistery for all of us. but as long as you cannot confirm anything (except of the two disney titles you mention, where zavvi admitted the raised print-run), everything else is just your own assumption, and a very subjective point of view. at least far away from being a fact. ;) and when you say "you found out about their new common practice with increasing prin-runs", it sounds exactly like that.