Ex Machina (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 25, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live August 27 around 6 PM UK time)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Overall Gloss Finish

11508970-1724498075060953.jpg

11508970-5994498075285236.jpg 11508970-1374498075378956.jpg

Last edited:
There is more re-releases to come some are same artwork as before and some new
I will post details tomorrow in relevant threads or create new threads if someone else not done so by tomorrow

As I mentioned in other threads last week there is lot of re-releases happening

I think it represents the tree of life.

It's a well thought cover :thumbs:
It's a steelbook cover artist putting their spin on the story - but I kinda just prefer ALEX GARLAND's take.
I mean, why not the image of the Robot skeleton and a bloody knife? That was part of the story as well.
(I mean, it was a homicidal killing robot in the end).
Because it wasn't a horror movie, just like this is isn't Garland's Tree of Robot Life.
Artistic license has its limits, especially when it is an interpretation of the story that others may not agree with.
Where is my steelbook of The Karate Kid with the the REAL Karate Kid, Johnny Lawrence on the cover?!:naughty:
But, also, it just looks stupid. (Imo)
Robot Tree.:wacky:

Certainly looks interesting and very different to the cool original which as we know sold very well in the U.K. and was in fact one of those few that were oversold with not enough to go around leaving some like myself with their orders cancelled and forced to source elsewhere. Yes, it did come back for something like 20 minutes but by then my order had been cancelled and I'd bought it elsewhere.
Original release should really have been 3,000 (at least) not 2,000 (for the U.K.) if only because the steelbook was so much better than usual.

Review of the film, the Blu-ray disc and the original steelbook:-
https://www.avforums.com/review/ex-machina-steelbook-blu-ray-review.11613

That being said I welcome this new release and don't mind at all that it's not one of the rash of upcoming re-releases with the same art as before . . . and anyway that same steel has been done to death with thousands released in other territories including Germany, France, Italy and the Scandinavian countries . . . and I'm pretty sure I saw the same original steelbook available for under 15 Euros not too long ago.

Previous cool / one of the most original steelbooks on the market:-

Last edited:
@C.C. 95 o_O I never took you for someone to ignore a chance at an obvious punny reply. Here, let me fix it for you...

Anyway, i might buy this depending on the finish...
:D:thumbs:
I was feeling more "family friendly" at the time?!IMG_8368.GIF
Well, for those who need it - the HDZETA cover would be the one that is more
"ASS- tastic, and ASS- centric":rofl:
IMG_8309.JPG

It's a steelbook cover artist putting their spin on the story - but I kinda just prefer ALEX GARLAND's take.
I mean, why not the image of the Robot skeleton and a bloody knife? That was part of the story as well.
(I mean, it was a homicidal killing robot in the end).
Because it wasn't a horror movie, just like this is isn't Garland's Tree of Robot Life.
Artistic license has its limits, especially when it is an interpretation of the story that others may not agree with.
Where is my steelbook of The Karate Kid with the the REAL Karate Kid, Johnny Lawrence on the cover?!:naughty:
But, also, it just looks stupid. (Imo)
Robot Tree.:wacky:
It's been a while since I have watched this, but as I remember, her goal was to escape the tiran who created her, kept her and used her as a toy.
What would you do in that situation?
The same dilemmas happen in the series Humans. A great series :thumbs:

That is just awful......
There are so many movies out there begging for a steelbook release but are still yet to get one, instead, retailers insist on re-release after re- release of the same movies.
Years ago, before steelbook releases got out of hand, the anticipation of 'will this movie get a steelbook release?' made collecting more exciting.
For me, personally, it's all become so diluted and disillusioning........
Just my opinion.....

Last edited:
It is nice to see different artwork but I just don't like it. The original Steelbook release is way superior.

The FAC edition is a thing of beauty and highly recommended.
What were they thinking when they decided to use that rear artwork? In no way does it sit well with the front artwork and looks like a botched mix of 2 different steelbooks.
Zavvi need to rein it in, it's getting a bit out of hand now........................

The rear artwork is from a deleted sequence that was never used in the film where the character drinks a green 'Monster' energy drink and it makes her explode into life and I've no idea what I'm talking about..... :LOL: