Fan Expo Canada 2016: September 01 - 04

• Hello Guest, this site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To read more about how we use them, please visit this page
  • The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) takes effect on May 25th 2018! Read more about how it impacts you

AlienKing

The Matrix has you...
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2014
Ontario, Kanada
Reactions
15,903 0 0
Details/Info: Fan Expo Canada website

Anybody going? I've actually never been to one. So if anyone going from here I wouldn't mind meeting up :)
Impressive guest list but I'm not gonna pay $100 to get an autograph from Stan Lee :OMG::wow: I dont have anything else to get signed except may be from the voice actors for Goku (DBZ) and Mikasa (AoT)

Complete guest list here
Here is a preview...
Comic artits: Stan Lee (This will be Stan's last Canadian appearance), Frank Miller, David Finch
Actors: Mark Hamill, Gillian Anderson, Charlie Cox, Adam West, John Borrowman, Christopher Lloyd, John Cusack, Hayley Atwell, Ben McKenzie, Jon Bernthal

tridon

Editor-in-chief
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter

AlienKing

The Matrix has you...
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2014
Ontario, Kanada
Reactions
15,903 0 0
Can i send you by mail my copy of iron man future shop ? :LOL::rofl:
Sure why not? :naughty:

I really wish I could go this year, especially since it'll be Stan Lee's final Canadian appearance. My brother lives in Toronto, though, so he's going to go meet Stan for the first time. :)
Your brother lives in Toronto? Nice! Is he a movie collector too?

tridon

Editor-in-chief
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Your brother lives in Toronto? Nice! Is he a movie collector too?
Not really. He just has a small amount -- all of his favourites. He's a graphic designer and musician, so most of his cash and time goes towards his talents rather than his hobbies. I'm quite envious of his self-control. :sorry::LOL:

Wreck

That Guy
Staff Member
Wow Mark Hamill ... nice. You say you got nothing else ... surely you own a Star Wars Movie or BTTF haha

btw dude did you hear Keanu Reeves said they are making Matrix 4 and 5. Hopefully it doesnt stink like everything else the wachowskis have done since damn near @AlienKing

bonakaze

Video games & Steelbook
Premium Supporter
Jan 31, 2013
Montréal
Reactions
6,542 0 0
Wow Mark Hamill ... nice. You say you got nothing else ... surely you own a Star Wars Movie or BTTF haha

btw dude did you hear Keanu Reeves said they are making Matrix 4 and 5. Hopefully it doesnt stink like everything else the wachowskis have done since damn near @AlienKing
I know people don't believe me when i say this, but i think that Speed Racer is a masterpiece. Unfortunatly, Jupiter Ascending and the netflix show really disapointed me...

C.C. 95

The Snarky Assassin
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2014
The Land, USA
Reactions
31,171 0 0
Details/Info: Fan Expo Canada website

Anybody going? I've actually never been to one. So if anyone going from here I wouldn't mind meeting up :)
Impressive guest list but I'm not gonna pay $100 to get an autograph from Stan Lee :OMG::wow: I dont have anything else to get signed except may be from the voice actors for Goku (DBZ) and Mikasa (AoT)

Complete guest list here
Here is a preview...
Comic artits: Stan Lee (This will be Stan's last Canadian appearance), Frank Miller, David Finch
Actors: Mark Hamill, Gillian Anderson, Charlie Cox, Adam West, John Borrowman, Christopher Lloyd, John Cusack, Hayley Atwell, Ben McKenzie, Jon Bernthal
Dude, you can get a Stan Lee autograph anywhere for a song!:rofl: You can't sell stuff with his autograph because he has signed so much sh*t that he totally devalued his own autograph!!:LOL:

bonakaze

Video games & Steelbook
Premium Supporter
Jan 31, 2013
Montréal
Reactions
6,542 0 0
Dude, you can get a Stan Lee autograph anywhere for a song!:rofl: You can't sell stuff with his autograph because he has signed so much sh*t that he totally devalued his own autograph!!:LOL:
But look at the price when he die

Asopp

Contributor Horror/Comics
Contributor
Premium Supporter
If somebody is going to this event and is willing to help a ninja out, please let me know :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I am after Batman Adventures #12 regular&holofoil editions by Jonboy Meyers.
Both are sold out online and they might have few at the con :happy:

AlienKing

The Matrix has you...
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2014
Ontario, Kanada
Reactions
15,903 0 0

WAIT! Hold your f*cking horses! Did you just say they are making Matrix 4 and 5? I remember there were talks back in 2011 too (I think)...

First of all, NO, F*uck that beyond the solar system. Please don't ruin my favorite trilogy :ohno:
Secondly, OMG! That's f*cking awesome! More Matrix? If it's true then F*CK YEAH!!! Bring it on! :woot:
Thirdly, I have no idea how to respond to this news. I'm all over the place :coffee:

And yes, I actually dont want even the Wachowskis to touch it. I've seen all their movies after Matrix (except Cloud Atlas) and I was never impressed! (n)

AlienKing

The Matrix has you...
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2014
Ontario, Kanada
Reactions
15,903 0 0
Not really. He just has a small amount -- all of his favourites. He's a graphic designer and musician, so most of his cash and time goes towards his talents rather than his hobbies. I'm quite envious of his self-control. :sorry::LOL:
Haha I think I speak for most here when I say that I'm also envious.
May be I should follow in his footsteps and only have my favorites? SO DAMN HARD THOUGH. It's like someone else takes control when I see a good slipcover/steelbook edition :LOL::cautious:

I know people don't believe me when i say this, but i think that Speed Racer is a masterpiece. Unfortunatly, Jupiter Ascending and the netflix show really disapointed me...
May be I should give Speed Racer another watch? Only watched once and i cant even quite recall anything about the movie.

But look at the price when he die

If somebody is going to this event and is willing to help a ninja out, please let me know :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I am after Batman Adventures #12 regular&holofoil editions by Jonboy Meyers.
Both are sold out online and they might have few at the con :happy:

I'll go if I find other people to go with. :thumbs: And I do, I'll keep an eye out...

C.C. 95

The Snarky Assassin
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2014
The Land, USA
Reactions
31,171 0 0
WAIT! Hold your f*cking horses! Did you just say they are making Matrix 4 and 5? I remember there were talks back in 2011 too (I think)...

First of all, NO, F*uck that beyond the solar system. Please don't ruin my favorite trilogy :ohno:
Secondly, OMG! That's f*cking awesome! More Matrix? If it's true then F*CK YEAH!!! Bring it on! :woot:
Thirdly, I have no idea how to respond to this news. I'm all over the place :coffee:

And yes, I actually dont want even the Wachowskis to touch it. I've seen all their movies after Matrix (except Cloud Atlas) and I was never impressed! (n)
Actually, @AlienKing , it makes sense. The Wachowskis have had nothing but failure since the Matrix films.
This may be their only way to get back in good stead within the industry. And maybe a Matrix film (or films) are the only thing they can get made now, since it is a "known" quantity.
Also, I am not one of those people who thinks a sequel (or sequels) ruins what came before. If someone hated Matrix Reloaded or Revolutions - just ignore them! It doesn't change the first one! (I liked them. But Revolutions was the weakest for me). I am definitely curious (with excitement and reservations).

AlienKing

The Matrix has you...
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2014
Ontario, Kanada
Reactions
15,903 0 0
Actually, @AlienKing , it makes sense. The Wachowskis have had nothing but failure since the Matrix films.
This may be their only way to get back in good stead within the industry. And maybe a Matrix film (or films) are the only thing they can get made now, since it is a "known" quantity.
Also, I am not one of those people who thinks a sequel (or sequels) ruins what came before. If someone hated Matrix Reloaded or Revolutions - just ignore them! It doesn't change the first one! (I liked them. But Revolutions was the weakest for me). I am definitely curious (with excitement and reservations).
I like your optimism :LOL::thumbs: Talking to me has its benefits you see :p

Anywho, I also hope they can "redeem" themselves through this. I guess the worst that can happen is it turns out to be Jupiter Ascending 2 :rofl:
Seriously, i got a little bit of Matrix vibe from that movie. I liked the world they built but the movie was a flop. If it was a bit more on the serious side, i might have enjoyed it more.

I also dont think sequels necessarily ruins what came before. I just dont want them to touch the original trilogy; as in i dont want them to do a direct sequel.
Still, I'm SUPER excited to see ANY new Matrix content. Good or Bad. :happy:

And the collector in me is telling me to start a Savings account now to cover all the 1000th re-re-re-re-releases they'll be doing :rofl:

C.C. 95

The Snarky Assassin
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2014
The Land, USA
Reactions
31,171 0 0
I like your optimism :LOL::thumbs: Talking to me has its benefits you see :p

Anywho, I also hope they can "redeem" themselves through this. I guess the worst that can happen is it turns out to be Jupiter Ascending 2 :rofl:
Seriously, i got a little bit of Matrix vibe from that movie. I liked the world they built but the movie was a flop. If it was a bit more on the serious side, i might have enjoyed it more.

I also dont think sequels necessarily ruins what came before. I just dont want them to touch the original trilogy; as in i dont want them to do a direct sequel.
Still, I'm SUPER excited to see ANY new Matrix content. Good or Bad. :happy:

And the collector in me is telling me to start a Savings account now to cover all the 1000th re-re-re-re-releases they'll be doing :rofl:
Awww crap. You're right. They WILL rerelease the originals in new editions!
But, ya'know what? There have not been any editions of The Trilogy that I would consider "Red Carpet".
So, bring 'em on!:rofl: