Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Fantastic Four

Tagline: Change is coming.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Josh Trank

Cast: Miles Teller, Kate Mara, Michael B. Jordan, Jamie Bell, Toby Kebbell, Reg E. Cathey, Tim Blake Nelson, Joshua Montes, Dan Castellaneta, Owen Judge, Kylen Davis, Evan Hannemann, Chet Hanks, Mary-Pat Green, Tim Heidecker, Mary Rachel Dudley, Wayne Pére, Rhonda Johnson Dents, Gretchen Koerner, Shauna Rappold, Adam Fristoe, Don Yesso, Jodi Lyn Brockton, Christopher Heskey, Jerrad Vunovich, Lance E. Nichols, Dina Morrone, Ravi Naidu

Release: 2015-08-05

Runtime: 100

Plot: Four young outsiders teleport to a dangerous universe, which alters their physical form in shocking ways. Their lives irrevocably upended, the team must learn to harness their daunting new abilities and work together to save Earth from a former friend turned enemy.

Attachments

• Fantastic_Four.jpg
    Fantastic_Four.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 420
so... umm shaking up the race is supposed to do what ? add a relatable dynamic that speaks to society more ? are they trying to establish origins in this story line with these young actors/actresses ? casting is questionable to say the least... just bugs me that a established main character has a race change... would we still see batman if he was african america ? or wolverine if he was asian ? im not a racist but there wasnt a need for this change in my opinion.

@alvinwang21

I think that this cast is to appeal to a young audience. Would I watch Batman if he was African American? As long as the actor playing him COULD play him then YES:thumbs:. I dont think that Christian Bale WAS Batman, he was good then again I think very few actors are The Bat. Michael Keaton was my Batman George Clooney was close but that script :yuck:.

AS long as an actor no matter thire skin colour can play the part and be believed in that role THAT TO ME is what is the important factor.

See what the trailers are like closer to the time I may dust off my zimmer fraim chances are I wont :squint:.

I have to say I am intreaged with Toby Kebbell as Dr Doom :) that may just be interesting.

Fox have shifted its release date from June 19th, 2015 to August 7th, 2015. The reason for the change isn't quite clear, though as filming has already come to an end, it's likely more of a strategic choice than for reshoots or post-production issues.
Why do I have the feeling they want to do like GOTG...

This looks like a flop to me!

Thing looks to small! ;)

Not excited about this film at all.

Wish fox would just sell FF and Spiderman. X-men has been good.

I don´t know what to think of that, i liked the first two and that trailer looked a bit :yawn: :meh: I guess will have to wait and see :ohno:

For me, I thought the teaser was FANTASTIC (...yeah i went there). But Seriously. It looks good. I'm in.

Miles Teller: comedy roles and recently Divergent
Kate Mara: small role in 127 hours and most tv stuff
Michael B. Jordan: tv stuff
Jamie Bell: The most known of the bunch... Billy Elliot, King Kong, Tintin

@Drum18 I had to laugh at some of your descriptions of these guys.
For Miles Teller, GO SEE WHIPLASH! He is awesome in it. (Or even the lesser known Spectacular Now)
For Michael B Jordan, CHRONICLE DUDE! That movie was great.

Reactions: Noodles and Drum18
@Drum18 I had to laugh at some of your descriptions of these guys.
For Miles Teller, GO SEE WHIPLASH! He is awesome in it. (Or even the lesser known Spectacular Now)
For Michael B Jordan, CHRONICLE DUDE! That movie was great.
Yeah I know... after watching the Golden Globes, I gotta Watch Whiplash!!! Being a drummer myself, I cannot pass when watching the trailer of this!!!!

Reactions: kaw
I much preferred this trailer to the Ant-Man one... it has a darker feel to it IMO. Interesting choice of cast, but not necessarily a disappointing one. I'm definitely looking forward to checking the film out. :)

After that trailer, I was certainly impressed. It actually looks like a cool sci-fi flick... but very far off from Fantastic Four. Honestly, I don't know why they just didn't make Chronicle 2 instead.

After that trailer, I was certainly impressed. It actually looks like a cool sci-fi flick... but very far off from Fantastic Four. Honestly, I don't know why they just didn't make Chronicle 2 instead.
I had zero interest in this. I liked CHRONICLE but that was about it. But that teaser was great.
AND This little tidbit from Director Josh Trank made my heart SWELL:

Trank revealed that renowned composer Philip Glass is scoring the movie with Marco Beltrami.
The film is heavily influenced by David Cronenberg and Trank mentioned that Scanners and The Fly were big influences on the look of the film.

THAT
CHANGES EVERYTHING.
YAY!
stimpy-glee.jpg