Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Fantastic Four

Tagline: Change is coming.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Josh Trank

Cast: Miles Teller, Kate Mara, Michael B. Jordan, Jamie Bell, Toby Kebbell, Reg E. Cathey, Tim Blake Nelson, Joshua Montes, Dan Castellaneta, Owen Judge, Kylen Davis, Evan Hannemann, Chet Hanks, Mary-Pat Green, Tim Heidecker, Mary Rachel Dudley, Wayne Pére, Rhonda Johnson Dents, Gretchen Koerner, Shauna Rappold, Adam Fristoe, Don Yesso, Jodi Lyn Brockton, Christopher Heskey, Jerrad Vunovich, Lance E. Nichols, Dina Morrone, Ravi Naidu

Release: 2015-08-05

Runtime: 100

Plot: Four young outsiders teleport to a dangerous universe, which alters their physical form in shocking ways. Their lives irrevocably upended, the team must learn to harness their daunting new abilities and work together to save Earth from a former friend turned enemy.

Attachments

• Fantastic_Four.jpg
    Fantastic_Four.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 421
Most of the world have been sh!tting on this movie from the begnning.

People WANT it to fail, I've read so many times that these people would never give it a chance just because they want it to fail, how stupid is that?!

I saw the movie yesterday in France. It's an awesome movie that takes its time to install everything! Which is perfect for an origin story!

Once Doom is unleashed he actually is badass, some heads will definitely pop thanks to him. He's quite a violent villain!!

The fantastic four are all powerful and the CGI is awesome!

It made me want to see a sequel so much!

This is a great great first movie that will suffer from people believing it's trendy to hate it

Been collecting F4 for decades. This movie has literally spat in our face. Changing the story doesn't make it good. Neither does the CGI. Its the story that makes it work. An that has been desecrated,

read so many bad reviews that have zero faith in the movie.

from one review :

F4 are in secret base (area 57) that is supposed to be accesed air only. then a shot or two later it's shown that road to base and cars are destroyed. wtf ? logic ??

I do not want this to fail but everything suggests it's gonna...only becase it does suck all a.s !

Watched it this morning and I'm a fairly forgiving comic book fan even liking guff like Elektra and Ghost Rider

This film is BAD! Terrible casting, terrible pace, too many changes from the source material it is just garbage.

Both of the earlier films are light-years better than this. They have tried to copy Nolan and go serious when the FF should be a fun film. This is neither entertaining or fun.

I really do hope this flops because they got it so wrong. Time to hand it back to Marvel Studios.

Last edited:
So...I didnt think it was terrible, but it felt "undercooked" and the acting was not good. I was really cheesy as it tried to have a somewhat gritty tone but keep the campyness of F4 but failed. The best par was Doom until
he got his ass handed to him in less than 2min in an anticlimatic ending
. But the most annoying thing was that the Professor/Dad guy had wayyyyyy too much screentime. I swear he was in 90% of the frames and probably had the most dialog.

Looks like it will struggle it make money aswell.

Might be better to either franchise it to Disney Marvel or sell it to them.

CBA watching it as fox bad superhero films are the worse.

Looks like it will struggle it make money aswell.

Might be better to either franchise it to Disney Marvel or sell it to them.

CBA watching it as fox bad superhero films are the worse.
We could only hope for a Sony/Marvel deal like Spiderman to save it but chances are they will wait and reboot again in a few years.By that time reed and Ben will be gay and human Torch will be transgender.

Even if Fox hands Fantastic Four back to Marvel, I doubt Marvel will re-boot this in movie form any time soon. They will probably wait at least a few years for people to forget a bit about this movie.

Fantastic 4, Looks more like Fantastic 5 to me.

Haha yeah I figured someone would bring that up eventually. Leave it to Ricker!

I'll go with the nerdy justification that Jack-Jack is the proxy for Franklin Richards who, when added to the comics family, was still part of the Fantastic Four despite there being five members.

Reactions: Ricker
I really do hope this flops because they got it so wrong. Time to hand it back to Marvel Studios.
That will never happen. Why would a studio with a commodity worth so much money, let it go? It would be an mind-numbingly, bone-headed business move.
The only way they would let Marvel have it back, is for an obscene amount of money. Probably quadruple (no pun intended) what they forked over to get the rights to The Punisher back...which, again, was an obscene amount of money...and as we know, The Punisher is not even at the level of FF. So, expect FF to stay put for a very long time.
(For better or worse).

Reactions: psychoscot
I was actually looking forward to this movie; but mainly because of Miles Teller and Michael B Jordan, who are both great actors. Loved them in all their movies so far and I was hoping they could carry a movie even as troubled as this. But no, not even great young talent can pull a movie so far gone.

Pros:
- The sequence where the FF4 get their powers is done effectively and dark
- The Dr Doom violence for his introduction was pretty bad ass even though it doesn’t seem in keeping with his more traditional powers

Cons:
-Pretty much everything else is a con for this movie
- Severe lack of action and lack of super powers displayed. The final act and action scene is definitely one of the all time worst in terms of big budget movies. Such a slow burn and lack of action to climax to such a pathetic act.
- Awful, disjointed, boring story that is either stupid or clichéd. There is a terrible leap midway through this movie that makes zero sense on any degree
- Terrible effects (minus the flame effects on Johnny Storm) and lack of any type of visual scope
- Shallow or completely wrong representation from our characters with not a great performance to be found in any actor

Overall this is one of the worst superhero movies of all time and I feel this particular needs to be judged harshly because they do have great talent on paper. The director is “was” up and coming and all the lead actors are traditional good to great. It’s inexcusable to basically do a reboot of movie that was done 10 years ago but makes changes for the worse. There are only about 5 minutes worth of good movie here and it’s not worth your time. Save your money and even if this is free, save your time.

Well, this certainly wasn't as bad as most people made it out to be IMO... I was expecting it to be Green Lantern bad! Maybe it was the fact that my expectations were made so low that I actually ended up enjoying it, but I found it to be a lot of fun and it managed to keep me entertained for most of its runtime, which is all I ask for from a superhero film. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely not perfect... my only major complaint would be that they rushed the second half (from where they literally skip a year), especially the ending. I look forward to rewatching it anyway, and who knows... my opinion may change when I do, but for now I'm excited for the sequel! :D

Reactions: luke98