Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 23rd, 2015
Purchase link: Fast & Furious
Price: £12.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies

Part of the Fast & Furious 1-6 (Zavvi Exclusive):
The Fast and the Furious || 2 Fast 2 Furious || Tokyo Drift || Fast & Furious || Fast 5 || Fast & Furious 6

11070831-1421674156-159183.jpg

11070831-1421674156-159188.jpg

11070831-1421674156-159209.jpg

11070831-1421674156-159070.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah so far 1-4 have all arrived in mint condition, fingers crossed for 5-6. I will say I've broken my steelbook rules by opening all 4 of these up at work to post photo's without having a steelbook sleeve to to put it in afterwards.

Reactions: .Lethal
Im having no luck at all. 4th in a row damaged. Am i just being picky? Or would everyone else send this back?

Attachments

• 20150320_202628.jpg
    20150320_202628.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 175
Im having no luck at all. 4th in a row damaged. Am i just being picky? Or would everyone else send this back?

That's unfortunate to get 4 out of 4 with damages, looks like we need luck to get the set in mint condition once opened, I almost wish I left mine sealed now but I wanted to have a good look at them, could not resist and don't own these movies before.

Those scratches and scuffs would annoy me too, not something I could get used to, I had one title from this series that had paint chips and a scratch on the back. I arranged to send it back already, I also went ahead and bought my own replacement, don't want to hear Zavvvi's sorry out of stock routine.

Last edited:
Everyone has their own OCD scale. Some people almost faint when they see a scratch like that :D
I personally wouldn't send it back but I would demand at least 25% refund.
I understand, my ocd scale is as big as it gets. For example. If zavvi said keep and we will get you a 75% refund. I'd still buy it again so i had a mint one.

That's unfortunate to get 4 out of 4 with damages, looks like we need luck to get the set in mint condition once opened, I almost wish I left mine sealed now but I wanted to have a good look at them, could not resist and don't own these movies before.

Those scratches and scuffs would annoy me too, not something I could get used to, I had one title from this series that had paint chips and a scratch on the back. I arranged to send it back already, I also went ahead and bought my own replacement, don't want to hear Zavvvi's sorry out of stock routine.
Glad im not the only one. I dont like the old partial refund trick as its like saying would i buy a scratched one for £8 or a mint one for £12. My answer would always be the mint one.

I havent re-ordered, im just hoping they have them in stock.Which i know is a bit risky.

Reactions: steelbobawny
Glad im not the only one. I dont like the old partial refund trick as its like saying would i buy a scratched one for £8 or a mint one for £12. My answer would always be the mint one.

I havent re-ordered, im just hoping they have them in stock.Which i know is a bit risky.

They have a tone more in stock but the problem is almost everyone got theirs with some sort of damage and a lot of them will want a replacement so that stock might go quickly.
I just want to get all 6 with as little damage as possible or better yet, no damage. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Flash
I have a black sharpie standing by just in case I get one with small scratches or paint chips. No way am I going through the hassle of returning anything or even asking for a refund. I recently paid $16 out of my own pocket to return some Blu-rays I received in a duplicate shipment to Amazon UK and I'm not getting that money back. I also received a badly damaged FURY steelbook from Amazon.fr (it looked like someone literally stomped on it 15 times). I have two other Fury steels in my collection (2 separate exclusives), which is part of the reason I chose not to seek a refund, but I would rather not be bothered with returns. If it's something super limited or OOS then I might do it but I don't have the time or patience to go through this process. Dealing with these issues is part of being a collector, I suppose, but thankfully I'm not terribly OCD about it.

I have a black sharpie standing by just in case I get one with small scratches or paint chips. No way am I going through the hassle of returning anything or even asking for a refund. I recently paid $16 out of my own pocket to return some Blu-rays I received in a duplicate shipment to Amazon UK and I'm not getting that money back. I also received a badly damaged FURY steelbook from Amazon.fr (it looked like someone literally stomped on it 15 times). I have two other Fury steels in my collection (2 separate exclusives), which is part of the reason I chose not to seek a refund, but I would rather not be bothered with returns. If it's something super limited or OOS then I might do it but I don't have the time or patience to go through this process. Dealing with these issues is part of being a collector, I suppose, but thankfully I'm not terribly OCD about it.

Zavvi relishes this thinking,

They can send out damaged items and make the return policy almost impossible that people will just keep them damaged items

They can send out damaged items and make the return policy almost impossible that people will just keep them damaged items

Zavvi doesn't send out damaged items - they become damaged during transit. Carelessness among carriers is the most common cause of damage to items that are shipped, whatever they are. Amazon France didn't send me a steelbook that was flat as a pancake - the envelope they sent it in more than likely ended up at the bottom of a mail bin or it was flung across a room whether by accident or carelessness. Maybe a group of guys in a warehouse got bored and decided to grab a mailpiece (mine) to play catch. I'm just not one of those guys that throws fits if something is chipped, lightly dented or contains a barely visible scratch. I'll be more likely inclined to initiate a replacement request with more severe damage but that level of damage is so rare that it's not a problem (for me at least).

Zavvi doesn't send out damaged items - they become damaged during transit. Carelessness among carriers is the most common cause of damage to items that are shipped, whatever they are. Amazon France didn't send me a steelbook that was flat as a pancake - the envelope they sent it in more than likely ended up at the bottom of a mail bin or it was flung across a room whether by accident or carelessness. Maybe a group of guys in a warehouse got bored and decided to grab a mailpiece (mine) to play catch. I'm just not one of those guys that throws fits if something is chipped, lightly dented or contains a barely visible scratch. I'll be more likely inclined to initiate a replacement request with more severe damage but that level of damage is so rare that it's not a problem (for me at least).

I'm sorry but sometimes they do, yes often items are badly packaged and they get damaged in transit but sadly we have got items that were badly scratched under the plastic and were clearly put in the box obviously damaged, sad but true.

Reactions: Flloydo

Not sure if your joking but your massively wrong. They do send out damaged items, majority of mine arrive with scratches, chips or a small dent that's had nothing to do with the postman or transit. The boxes are always in tact for me and the wrapping is fine which means it was damaged before it was sent out. Fair enough may not be zavvis fault but they are selling the item and a lot of this damage is clearly made in production meaning they send out damaged items!

Not sure if your joking but your massively wrong. They do send out damaged items, majority of mine arrive with scratches, chips or a small dent that's had nothing to do with the postman or transit. The boxes are always in tact for me and the wrapping is fine which means it was damaged before it was sent out. Fair enough may not be zavvis fault but they are selling the item and a lot of this damage is clearly made in production meaning they send out damaged items!

Exactly :thumbs:

Reactions: Flloydo and Mobley

Spot on. All of last 4 damaged steelbooks i have had scratches under the back cover and the box it came in was fine.

Reactions: Flloydo and Flash
lol ffs guys, its not some big conspiracy, you guys talk like zavvi purposely damage them just to annoy you.

Zavvi recieve the steelbook sealed from their supplier, unless everyone in the warehouse has xray vision there is no way they can tell the back is scratched or damaged.

Like i said, its not a big conspiracy, zavvi are not apart of a government department that wants to purposely damage your steelbooks.
Hell, why not say your steelbook was abducted? Maybe it was delivered by a little green man?

Reactions: harry and snooloui
lol ffs guys, its not some big conspiracy, you guys talk like zavvi purposely damage them just to annoy you.

Zavvi recieve the steelbook sealed from their supplier, unless everyone in the warehouse has xray vision there is no way they can tell the back is scratched or damaged.

Like i said, its not a big conspiracy, zavvi are not apart of a government department that wants to purposely damage your steelbooks.
Hell, why not say your steelbook was abducted? Maybe it was delivered by a little green man?

I don't think anyone is suggesting it's a conspiracy but they need better quality control at the very least (don't start me on the 'customer service') as I'm sorry but the people packaging the items, there are some, clearly already damaged and they don't remove them they just sent them anyway which really is unacceptable and with the poor packaging people are getting items in a poor state, and I think it's slightly more than 'annoying' as you put it, it's shocking.