Fight Club (Blu-ray SteelBook)(Play Exclusive) [United Kingdom]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Exclusive steelbook news from HiDefNinja!

Fight Club Blu-ray Steelbook

Play.com Exclusive - Release date of June 4th, 2012

Purchase here

All are standard G2/Blu-ray sized steelbooks, and have front / rear / interior artwork with no logos or age ratings on the covers.

They will be double play (dvd & bd) on all the single films - and priced very favorably!

Limited to 4,000

FightClub.png

Fight Club.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In the end this turned out to be one of the best steels in the whole wave! Only ordered one of these in the end, might get a few more now!

I also freaked out with the intro!

At first I was pissed because I thought I would have to return it after I waited forever for it! My girlfriend even mocked me saying, nice buy!

But yeah, that was really cool. I wonder what would have happened if you pressed play?!

play.com could become a force to be reckoned with if they continue to give us great steelbooks like this at these low prices!!:oohyeah:
hopefully, they'll keep the artwork quality high and not take the route of the studios/retailers who churn out any old rubbish.:(
MEDIA MARKT!! TAKE NOTE!!

Is it strange that I re-read that quote, using Darth Vaders voice in my head?

I was wondering whether to buy this steelbook with other from fox wave or not, and in the last moment I added it to the GB. I must to say that it was a very good decision, I would regret it if I did not do it, but now I'm happy that I have this one in my hands, this is beautiful looking steelbook from each side :scat:

I saw this steelbook in CEX the other day, second hand of course - £6, so it was obviously a blind buy from someone who didn't enjoy it.

Condition was average, so for an extra £4, I just ordered it from Play.com last night.

Sad thing is, what pushed me to buy it, was the intro you guys mentioned lol.

they do that in cex, just throw the steelbook on a shelf for everyone to man handle - after a few weeks of cex shelflife its no good to man or beast lol, got this steelbook from play.com too, love the artwork!!!!!!!!! and a great fincher movie:)

I saw this steelbook in CEX the other day, second hand of course - £6, so it was obviously a blind buy from someone who didn't enjoy it.

Condition was average, so for an extra £4, I just ordered it from Play.com last night.

Sad thing is, what pushed me to buy it, was the intro you guys mentioned lol.

Let us know what you think. Fingers crossed you don't get the wrong disc in the box

I think £10 for a steelbook is great value (although the $9.99 - plus tax - steelbooks at Best Buy were possibly the - ahem - best buy).

I have this waiting for me back in England. I like the look of Shooter, The Thing (1982), Total Recall, Children of Men....and by the way it's my birthday in August if anyone is being generous and wants to give me a birthday gift (extra large grin).

Reactions: Bastiensmum
Got my copy from the GB the other day. I'm embarrassed to admit that the opening of the blu ray got me:) I thought I got the wrong disc... It's even sadder when you take in to account that I remember reading about that fake out before.

I was a bit disapointed with this steel. I like the artwork but the colours are a touch too dull and the matte finish doesn't feel as premium as other steels I own. Good movie though so pleased I now own it on blu :)

Hmmm, I have resisted buying this so far but may have to make a purchase! Has it been confirmed that this is in fact limited to 4k or is it just a rumour?