FNAC SteelBooks™ thread

Aprilarrow

Avenging Ninja
Premium Supporter
May 24, 2011
Singapore
Given that threads for all the key Asian countries have already been started, I have to go west and start one for....FNAC.

Here they are, fellow collectors and FNAC lovers...

The G2s
image.jpg

The G1s (oops, I took pic of the wrong Contagion, will replace it soon)
008-5_zps77878708.jpg

And those without the banner
010-5_zpsc29b86fa.jpg

I am missing one notable FNAC, sob sob, but I am on it. Whoever has it, post it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Some are more than a sticker ... some (many) include art booklets etc. or posters. And then SOME are just simply the sticker.

But if people don't open them. What's the point? There are just so many people that are willing to pay a lot of money for something to look at.

The funny thing is I've owned many of the rarer titles in Aprilarrow's collection and sold them all at one point or another for not very much money. I just never thought Fnacs were worth very much and I never got much for them on eBay (e.g. Terminator Renaissance, Shutter Island, Body of Lies). I'm just amazed at their value now, which seems to have leapt up quite recently...?

Actually, come to think, it's not a 'funny thing' at all..! Doh! :rolleyes:

I try not to think of prices and values too much. I just buy them if I like them and can get a decent price. I keep them; a few are displayed. What do I do with them? I stare at them from time to time. I pick them up and feel the steel through 2 layers of plastic protection - shrinkwrap and ploybag. Doh! x 20........

I try not to think of prices and values too much. I just buy them if I like them and can get a decent price. I keep them; a few are displayed. What do I do with them? I stare at them from time to time. I pick them up and feel the steel through 2 layers of plastic protection - shrinkwrap and ploybag. Doh! x 20........

That's all fine and dandy and I agree I don't dwell on their value if I get a good price like my Future Shop Iron Man I bought day of release, it's well used with minor paint wearing off due to taking it in and out of it's spot over the years. But it's hard not to think of the value if you pay $75+ for a single steelbook off eBay for example due to being a shlep and not following the releases for a year :) (guilty as charged for being a shlep). I won't be missing out on future releases this is a fact, and will do my best to join in any future group buys of foreign Marvel releases from this site.

I love my Fnac exclusive steels but i'm missing two of the older releases Clash of the Titans & Inception i also have the Dredd Fnac tin on the way thanks to my ninja bro axcraig,
I'm not really bothered about the bannerless steels other than Thor & maybe one day a sealed Wolverine the Rise of the Planet of the Apes box is a Fnac which i opened.

Attachments

• 090320138899.jpg
    090320138899.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 090320138902.jpg
    090320138902.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 090320138904.jpg
    090320138904.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 85
I love my Fnac exclusive steels but i'm missing two of the older releases Clash of the Titans & Inception i also have the Dredd Fnac tin on the way thanks to my ninja bro axcraig,
I'm not really bothered about the bannerless steels other than Thor & maybe one day a sealed Wolverine the Rise of the Planet of the Apes box is a Fnac which i opened.

Great collection Tony! Thanks for sharing:thumbs:

Reactions: filmwizard
But if people don't open them. What's the point? There are just so many people that are willing to pay a lot of money for something to look at.

Personally Rick,

If you are a Value Collector ???

then ~ fnacs & Stickers are the way Go ;)

If you are an Open up & watch Steelie kind of guy ?

then these things are like any other Steelie Brother :scat:

some of you have great Collections , and I hope that fnac continue to put Booklets & Posters & things in them :drool:

Very nice collection! Btw, I didn't know there is an Inception FNAC. I don't see that in AA's pics.

Reactions: filmwizard