The Wolverine
X-Men
X2: X-Men United
X-Men: The Last Stand
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
X-Men: First Class

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Went to another Target and they actually had a display in the movie section, but it already looked mostly depleted. With only one to two copies left per release.

I picked up Fight Club, Prometheus, Xmen, Xmen 3. They had the newer Wolverine with a scratch so I didn't get that, and no X-Men 2. I need that one.

I'm definitely going back on the 8th for a price adjustment.

photo (10a).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to go to 3 Target's but I found all the X-Men movies (I skipped The Wolverine due to price and the fact I have 2 copies of the movie already in steelbook and collectors box). I also grabbed Fight Club. Skipped the rest.

Anyone notice the paint stretching on the corners as seen on steelbooks? I got a couple copies like that. Not too fussed over that but seems like a problem for futurepaks and steelbooks.

I find it hard to believe they sold out when they didn't even stock the shelves for them yesterday most likely they are still lounging in the back.

With the ad breaking this coming weekend, I would imagine that there are plenty in a warehouse.

I would be very surprised if these stay sould out over the next week.

I don't know how many the other targets have. But the one in my area only got 3 or 4 copies per title. And they said these are all they got and there won't be stocked again since the online site says back order and limited stock! Hope everyone secure a copy before they are all sold out!

Found more at a different Target but they sold out of the $8 titles. I want to wait until next week to get them at $8 but not willing to take a risk that they might sold out. Tried to order online but they are backordered or not available. Beside there is a chance that online store will send amaray case since on some of the titles dont say futurepak.

I found these at my Target this morning when I went to get the Lone Survivor steelbook. They were in an open box on the bottom of one of those red carts they use when stocking the new releases, so presumably they'll be put on the shelf today. The cart was sitting there unattended, so I helped myself.:naughty:

I'm glad I did because they had very few copies, unless there is still another box or two box somewhere. There was only 1 copy of most of the movies and 2 of the xmen movies and robocop. Now I just need to price adjust on Sunday.

funny how they are calling them metalpaks just for marketing reasons.

Because they are still metalpaks. Not much difference. If the thickness of the metal being used is the main thing, then I guess would should stop calling steelbooks as steelbooks. They have gotten thinner metal so should we call a steelbooks a steelpack from now on? Just sayin!!!

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Because they are still metalpaks. Not much difference. If the thickness of the metal being used is the main thing, then I guess would should stop calling steelbooks as steelbooks. They have gotten thinner metal so should we call a steelbooks a steelpack from now on? Just sayin!!!

I think they meant why are they calling them MetalPak instead of FuturePak.

Obviously not a SteelBook =D

I think they meant why are they calling them MetalPak instead of FuturePak.

Obviously not a SteelBook =D

I was making a comparison that things change slightly so the name shouldn't change. I still call it a metalpak first and formost. They look the same from the outside. Spine looks the same as well.

Reactions: jcm
Whatever the case it changed and they said so too. I think having metal on their name would have helped so just think target is going off that for marketing reasons. But can't blame target I guess

IMG_20140603_172550.jpg

Went to pickup lone survivor steelbook and ran across these. Picked up fight club and aliens. I know there not steelbooks but gotta support any U.S. release:scat:. I like them they have a satin finish and inside art. for the price can't complain. I've paid alot more for worse looking steelbooks.
All were $10 except promethues, planet of the apes, and 300 were $15, wolverine was $19.99 and origins was $7.50

Well, I was never a proponent of these-as a matter of fact I purchased a Metalpak years ago and didn't realize I had. I was supremely disappointed by the flimsiness. Fastforward several years, and since I loved 'Gravity', I decided to order the Chinese Futurepak. It's gorgeous, significantly more sturdy than this brand ever was, and the finish is truly beautiful. If I could ever find any, I would get the Alien, Aliens and Prometheus in store, but they are more elusive around here than bigfoot :hilarious:

Edit, finally found some at one of our stores and got back a little while ago, lol. Ended up choosing Alien, Aliens, Prometheus and X-Men First Class.

Last edited:
Man I really dont want to get into Futurepaks but these look and feel great. And the prices are amazing as well. I want to start a sealed only collection of future/metalpaks but I fell thats is money I need to spend on upcoming steelbooks. Sitting on this fence is uncomfortable lol.

I picked up

Prometheus
Fight Club
X-Men
X-Men 2
X-Men 3
X-Men First Class
X-Men Origins Wolverine

I haven't opened Prometheus yet. Waiting to see if that will be an $8 eligible title.

I opened the rest though, and some look better than others. Wolverine is by the far the best of the lot, that I got. It has a nice shine to it and good colors. I like X-Men 3 second best. X-Men looks bad imo. Very dull looking.

Also, most of my copies have small paint chips/scratches. For these prices though, I can live with it. I got First Class today for $5 :thumbs:
I got Wolverine for $7.50. If I can PM the rest for $8, that means I can possibly get these for $52.50.

Last edited: