Foxcatcher (Blu-ray SteelBook) (PlainArchive Exclusive No.22) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: September 1, 2017 (Pre-order: July 20 / 2PM Korea Time)
Purchase link: PlainArchive
Price: $37.89 (Type A) - $36.89 (Type B) - $34.89 (1/4 Slip) - $86.89 (Deluxe Box)
Notes:
Type A (1,300 copies) - Type B (750 copies) - 1/4 Slip (200 copies) - Deluxe Box (1,050 copies)

fox_a.jpg fox_b.jpg fox_de.jpgfox_q.jpg

timetable_f.jpg

fox_steel.jpg
19955586_121731231770344_5755730796296011776_n-jpg.322011

312485-ccf998d6beb7c5c392e44cb2c1c003dd.jpg
312486-aa7a3aa50e12b280a235f34b4e678a8f.jpg
312487-c2faab0a3b96b08311fd54b473b3b1ec.jpg
312488-4d6a2b35e10fdbdc87dbdfb8535135b9.jpg
312489-b5bfa802d324f254baf812763bf6484d.jpg
312490-ce3e00410a7d015c2db243c1c8f5b1a1.jpg
312491-3d8e2cf053bb0ad1a158ea6fe964861e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A suprising choice but not necessarily a bad one. I hope that they have secured some exclusive artwork. I'm not a fan of companies adding a few extras to a standard release and charging a premium.

We know ;) If you're familiar with Plain Archive, you can be sure this won't just be a standard release with a few extras. And all of their releases have been as premium as it gets, so I don't mind paying a premium. But I don't even think they charge a premium. I paid around $40 shipped for each version of The Master.

We know ;) If you're familiar with Plain Archive, you can be sure this won't just be a standard release with a few extras. And all of their releases have been as premium as it gets, so I don't mind paying a premium. But I don't even think they charge a premium. I paid around $40 shipped for each version of The Master.

How can you be sure? Plain Archive have only released catalogue titles to date and their upcoming release of King Kong hints at a move in this direction.

Name one PA release where that has been the case?

King Kong.

How can you be sure? Plain Archive have only released catalogue titles to date and their upcoming release of King Kong hints at a move in this direction.

King Kong.

That's not even out yet so I'm not sure how you can say that. I haven't even heard of it.

I get that you have something against Asian steelbooks, but Plain Archive does not fall into this category of "companies adding a few extras to a standard release and charging a premium." They actually release premium products and obviously care a lot about design, quality control, keeping their customers informed every step of the way, packaging, customer feedback, etc. I feel like you're hoping they fail so you can be proved right or something.

When was it announced they were doing King Kong?

I was thinking of the HDzeta version. Sorry. :sorry:

That's not even out yet so I'm not sure how you can say that. I haven't even heard of it.

I get that you have something against Asian steelbooks, but Plain Archive does not fall into this category of "companies adding a few extras to a standard release and charging a premium." They actually release premium products and obviously care a lot about design, quality control, keeping their customers informed every step of the way, packaging, customer feedback, etc. I feel like you're hoping they fail so you can be proved right or something.

I was simply stating that I hoped that it had exclusive artwork because it is a new release (Plain Archive have only released catalogue titles to date) and that often means shared artwork. Why you felt the need to post a full blown defence of Plain Archive when I wasn't even criticising them I have no idea.

I was simply stating that I hoped that it had exclusive artwork because it is a new release (Plain Archive have only released catalogue titles to date)

That is not true. Blue Is the Warmest Color was a new release.

and that often means shared artwork. Why you felt the need to post a full blown defence of Plain Archive when I wasn't even criticising them I have no idea.

Because you posted the following in a thread about a Plain Archive release:

A suprising choice but not necessarily a bad one. I hope that they have secured some exclusive artwork. I'm not a fan of companies adding a few extras to a standard release and charging a premium.

Which isn't something Plain Archive has ever done.

Exactly, they're're very affordable and are the nicest overall packages being offered right now. What they've done for IStD, The Master, and soon, Zero Dark Thirty steelbooks is making all other companies take notice to step up their game and don't even bother or think about releasing a steel they are or have already, because it'll be pointless. Just look at Zavvi with their IStD and The Wrestler steels limited to 2000 each and just sitting there, not selling, even at £6.99.

With that said, obviously I'm super pumped they're giving Foxcatcher the steelbook treatment, it should be amazing.

I was thinking of the HDzeta version. Sorry. :sorry:

I was simply stating that I hoped that it had exclusive artwork because it is a new release (Plain Archive have only released catalogue titles to date) and that often means shared artwork. Why you felt the need to post a full blown defence of Plain Archive when I wasn't even criticising them I have no idea.

I don't think they've released a steel yet that didn't have custom designed/created artwork. :confused:

I am talking about Steelbook releases.

That really just proves that I wasn't criticising them.

I don't think they've released a steel yet that didn't have custom designed/created artwork. :confused:

The thing is that when other Korean retailers (Kimchi and Novamedia) have released 'new' titles, they have shared artwork with other countries. I am not saying that will be the case here (I am not sure which companies are distributing this around the World) but it is a possibility and that is why I said I hoped it had exclusive artwork.

I am talking about Steelbook releases.

That really just proves that I wasn't criticising them.

Same guy posting the same nonsense just to stir up another retailer vs asian retailer argument. Soooooo boring

I am entitled to post my opinion. If others decide to jump down my throat because they misunderstood what I was said, that is not my fault.

The thing is that when other Korean retailers (Kimchi and Novamedia) have released 'new' titles, they have shared artwork with other countries. I am not saying that will be the case here (I am not sure which companies are distributing this around the World) but it is a possibility and that is why I said I hoped it had exclusive artwork.

Same guy posting the same nonsense just to stir up another retailer vs asian retailer argument. Soooooo boring

I don't think it is nonsense to hope for exclusive artwork for a title that may get multiple Steelbook releases in the next few months. I wasn't trying to stir up an argument at all.

Reactions: Kobi