Foxcatcher (Blu-ray SteelBook) (PlainArchive Exclusive No.22) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: September 1, 2017 (Pre-order: July 20 / 2PM Korea Time)
Purchase link: PlainArchive
Price: $37.89 (Type A) - $36.89 (Type B) - $34.89 (1/4 Slip) - $86.89 (Deluxe Box)
Notes:
Type A (1,300 copies) - Type B (750 copies) - 1/4 Slip (200 copies) - Deluxe Box (1,050 copies)

fox_a.jpg fox_b.jpg fox_de.jpgfox_q.jpg

timetable_f.jpg

fox_steel.jpg
19955586_121731231770344_5755730796296011776_n-jpg.322011

312485-ccf998d6beb7c5c392e44cb2c1c003dd.jpg
312486-aa7a3aa50e12b280a235f34b4e678a8f.jpg
312487-c2faab0a3b96b08311fd54b473b3b1ec.jpg
312488-4d6a2b35e10fdbdc87dbdfb8535135b9.jpg
312489-b5bfa802d324f254baf812763bf6484d.jpg
312490-ce3e00410a7d015c2db243c1c8f5b1a1.jpg
312491-3d8e2cf053bb0ad1a158ea6fe964861e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of those films I thought was SO WELL DONE, but I NEVER want to see it again.
Hoping PA does Nightcrawler, Gone Girl or Whiplash!
Same, great movie but little replay value IMO. The one and only future Plain I'm looking forward to is Oldboy, that can't come soon enough!

This is one of those films I thought was SO WELL DONE, but I NEVER want to see it again.
Hoping PA does Nightcrawler, Gone Girl or Whiplash!

I am really hoping PA take on Birdman, Nightcrawler and Whiplash.

I will most definitely purchase this. Great release again :)

Same, great movie but little replay value IMO. The one and only future Plain I'm looking forward to is Oldboy, that can't come soon enough!

I keep forgetting about the Oldboy release. That's so exciting as well :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really hoping PA take on Birdman...

Oh yes! That would be brilliant. I love that film too. Definitely an early contender for film of the year for me, and if it doesn't win best oscar (not that the oscars matter at all) for best cinematography I'll eat my hat. I was not surprised to see that it was the same cinematographer that worked on 'Gravity'; truly mind blowing stuff.

As for Whiplash, I'm going to see it next week. I just know it's going to be good in the same vain as Foxcatcher. I could be way off the mark but when I saw the ads for each of those films they shared the same sense of psychotic intrigue and seemed very similar in essence. :bag:

• Informative
Reactions: Bluprint
I saw this over last weekend and totally agreed with @gendoikari this film is not for everyone (doesn't mean that it's not a good movie though) so i suggest you guys check it out first... [emoji6]

And yeah I wish they'd do Birdman and Whiplash... That'd another fantastic choices...

Reactions: digitalbabe
Oh yes! That would be brilliant. I love that film too. Definitely an early contender for film of the year for me, and if it doesn't win best oscar (not that the oscars matter at all) for best cinematography I'll eat my hat. I was not surprised to see that it was the same cinematographer that worked on 'Gravity'; truly mind blowing stuff.

As for Whiplash, I'm going to see it next week. I just know it's going to be good in the same vain as Foxcatcher. I could be way off the mark but when I saw the ads for each of those films they shared the same sense of psychotic intrigue and seemed very similar in essence. :bag:

It's a wonderful film isn't it? Always loved Iñárritu's movies. I am pretty confident in saying Birdman will clean up at the oscars this year. I didn't realise the cinematographer was the same person to have worked on Gravity. Not surprising though given how stunning Birdman is.

I can't wait for Whiplash. Unfortunately with exams, I will have to wait until Monday evening to see it. It's got film of the year written all over it for me.

It's a wonderful film isn't it? Always loved Iñárritu's movies. I am pretty confident in saying Birdman will clean up at the oscars this year. I didn't realise the cinematographer was the same person to have worked on Gravity. Not surprising though given how stunning Birdman is.

I can't wait for Whiplash. Unfortunately with exams, I will have to wait until Monday evening to see it. It's got film of the year written all over it for me.

It really is. Another thing I forgot to mention was the scores for both films. I have been listening to them a lot over the past few days and they are astounding.

I've just done a quick search on imdb and the cinematographer for Birdman and Gravity is Emmanuel Lubezki. Also responsible for several other masterpieces in the art of camera work. Children of Men, The Tree of Life and several other of Terence Malick films including Knight of Cups and an as of yet untitled Terrence Malick project both set for a 2015 release. I'll definitely be following what this bloke does in the future with keen interest.

Awesome. Yet another thread where people keep talking about other movies aside from the title in this thread.

There is another section of HDN where you can discuss movies. Can people please take discussions about "THIS movie" and "THAT movie" and "I wish they would release THIS title" to a different thread, please?

As for this title, I'll definitely buy it because it's Plain. The University theater here is starting screenings of this tomorrow night. I'm planning to go see it sometime next week; from the trailer and the buzz it seems like something I'll enjoy.

SERIOUS pass and a waste of a Plain exclusive "IMO". I walked out halfway through the film, utter rubbish. Haven't walked out a film in 20 years but this is the first.

I will add that I absolutely detest Wrestling and Boxing even more so that probably didn't help.

SERIOUS pass and a waste of a Plain exclusive "IMO". I walked out halfway through the film, utter rubbish. Haven't walked out a film in 20 years but this is the first.

I will add that I absolutely detest Wrestling and Boxing even more so that probably didn't help.
Fair enough, not everyone's cup of tea.

A suprising choice but not necessarily a bad one. I hope that they have secured some exclusive artwork. I'm not a fan of companies adding a few extras to a standard release and charging a premium.