Fury (Blu-ray SteelBook) (WEA) (Amazon Exclusive) [Japan]

Nov 29, 2012
Release date: March 18th, 2015
Price: ¥ 7,719
Purchase link: WITH Bonus disc or WITHOUT Bonus disc
Notes: Includes a slipbox, a 60p booklet (Japanese only)

00.jpg

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg
04.jpg 05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I'd shed some light on the whole anime bonus disc thing.

For Fury's release in Japan, the studio thought they'd try marketing it directly to military history and weaponry otaku and I guess anime otaku in general. You could preorder tickets at certain geek stores and as a bonus get a plastic folder with artwork from one of three WWII themed media franchises: Girls und Panzer, Kantai Collection, and Strike Witches.

This marketing ploy was probably pretty successful so now they're teaming up with Girls und Panzer again. This makes sense since Girls und Panzer is about a world where tank battles is a high school sport and WWII tanks have been maintained for this purpose (anime right?).

The bonus disc features a trailer for the upcoming Girls und Panzer movie, as well as two other clips. I'm not 100% on what they're supposed to be, but I think one is a compilation of footage from the show when it featured the Sherman and Tiger tanks, and the other is either one of the anime characters doing commentary for a scene from Fury or a short where the character waxes lyrical about the Sherman and Tiger tanks.

I wasn't interested in the bonus disc at first, but this is so crazy and such a weird combination I kind of want it now.

amazon jp must be out of their minds to bring such a awesome release and ruin it with a anime/cartoon pic at the front!!!