Get Out (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 18, 2017 (pre-order July 24 @ 12 noon UK time)
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £22.99
Notes: Limited to 1,000 copies

11490860-8904501450450767.jpg

11490860-1334501450550151.jpg

Last edited:
Says limited to 1000 on there twitter too. I've asked them if it is 1 or 2 disc, apparently they are going to get back to me.

I liked the film, but £22.99 really is off putting! Decisions, decisions.

Hey Pete! :thumbs:

Yeah, the buying team have sent off an email to the supplier - We've just used the assets and set-up information that have been supplied to us. Hopefully get a reply pretty quickly.

Kept quiet over the weekend expecting this to drop when it went live. £22.99 for a one disc 2d release is just ridiculous. Amaray is available for £12.99 from Amazon so we're being asked to pay £10 for a steelbook, not a chance. £5? Sure, like a few others have said, I would have paid £17.99. @zavvi pretty much had a monopoly on the market while HMV were having financial difficulties and the site was down (ES didn't really offer up much competition), now that HMV are putting them to shame they really need to reassess their pricing.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Lukesablade
Kept quiet over the weekend expecting this to drop when it went live. £22.99 for a one disc 2d release is just ridiculous. Amaray is available for £12.99 from Amazon so we're being asked to pay £10 for a steelbook, not a chance. £5? Sure, like a few others have said, I would have paid £17.99. @zavvi pretty much had a monopoly on the market while HMV were having financial difficulties and the site was down (ES didn't really offer up much competition), now that HMV are putting them to shame they really need to reassess their pricing.

HMV should have the title: Home of steelbooks. Or whatever it is Zavvi call themselves

• Thanks
Reactions: hoppusdelonge
Am I correct in saying that this was limited to 500 copies yesterday and £15.99? It appears to now be showing 1000 copies and £22.99!

Final Fantasy: Kingsglaive and 2012 were limited to 500 copies.

Zavvi are firing so much tripe out in succession that maybe you got confused with those two. I think this was 1,000 copies to begin with.

Reactions: spookz
What exactly is Region 2, 4 and 5?
DVD Regions
Just ignore region coding details on most UK websites as most time as they often copy and paste the DVD details
Amazon are worse at doing this

It's most likely region free for the Blu-ray as it's a universal pictures release
At worst will be Region B

Reactions: DannyDXC
It's not so much the pricing, it's that there is already a 4K disc available to pre-order from HMV. If there wasn't one, then fair enough... but there is. If it was included, this would've been a no-brainer for me and fellow future proofers out there! If they really have to, up the price by a couple of quid and include everything or if you want some serious competition leave the price as it is. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: hoppusdelonge
Final Fantasy: Kingsglaive and 2012 were limited to 500 copies.

Zavvi are firing so much tripe out in succession that maybe you got confused with those two. I think this was 1,000 copies to begin with.

Thanks, mate. Still a lot of money for this. Will put in an order and wait to see what happens.

Ps. What's with all the intrusive pop up adds I have to keep deleting in between posts! Most annoying!

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
It's not so much the pricing, it's that there is already a 4K disc available to pre-order from HMV. If there wasn't one, then fair enough... but there is. If it was included, this would've been a no-brainer for me and fellow future proofers out there! If they really have to, up the price by a couple of quid and include everything or if you want some serious competition leave the price as it is. ;)

If 4K had been included it would have been £35!!!

There are a look of steelbooks that have been £23 for just a 2D disc; La La Land being one and that never had a problem selling.

Therefore if people are willing to buy steels at this price, they will continue to sell them at this price.

However I do agree this is expensive, but I never understand how these are priced - these range from £15 to £23, 3D between £23 and £25, 4K at £35 and now we're seeing some 3D and 4K at £25.

Pretty sure it's the studios that price these and not Zavvi though.

Anyway, I liked the film and as it's a limited number, have pre-ordered

Sold out now. Guess theres still a market for it at these prices. Won't be surprised if Zavvi pushes the price up even more for other new releases.

Sold out now. Guess theres still a market for it at these prices. Won't be surprised if Zavvi pushes the price up even more for other new releases.
The market for this is created by those who have to have every film in a steelbook regardless of quality & price (category 1) and the other half of the market are those who buy multiple copies to sell to those in category 1....

If 4K had been included it would have been £35!!!

There are a look of steelbooks that have been £23 for just a 2D disc; La La Land being one and that never had a problem selling.

Therefore if people are willing to buy steels at this price, they will continue to sell them at this price.

However I do agree this is expensive, but I never understand how these are priced - these range from £15 to £23, 3D between £23 and £25, 4K at £35 and now we're seeing some 3D and 4K at £25.

Pretty sure it's the studios that price these and not Zavvi though.

Anyway, I liked the film and as it's a limited number, have pre-ordered

It doesn't need to be £35. HMV have Fox and Sony titles with 3D, 4K and 2D all inclusive at a very reasonable £24.99. Universal has done 4K steels before, so there's no excuse for this other than a cash grab. It's a shame IMO.

Italian one is also €26 (and will probably be the rest of this print run) so looks like it might be Universal calling the shots on the pricing.

Trainspotting 2 is another one on the expensive side for just a regular 1 disc movie......