Get out.... stop..... or keep going?

cooey

Premium Supporter
Jan 5, 2012
UK
Here's one for you guys..... sitting here recently I and looking at the money some of these steelbooks fetch I was wondering, do I really need all of these steelbooks? I could sell the majority of mine, replace them all with amaray versions and still have money left over.

With HMV and Play going, it looks like the UK market won't be getting as many steelbooks as we were once promised and the import prices from over the world is getting more and more expensive.

I'm very tempted to just sell 90% of mine keeping my Avengers collection, the ones my fiancé has bought me and any I've won in competitions, and selling the rest. Or do I just stop buying steelbooks and keep my collection as is and just buy the regular amarays?

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have an extra one. For some reason, that will be the the last one to go...that's probably the most rarest one I have...

Some people are lucky to have one, but you had more than one. O.O
I'm guessing Steelbook collecting has become boring due to reprints and the decline of actual 'exclusive' releases. All these mass prints has caused Steelbook collecting to become mainstream. Now it's a stickers and slip game. I fear someday I'll quit as well.
As long as you feel good about quitting Mayflower, that's what should matter to you now.

Last edited:
I'm almost caught up with all the Steelbooks I want that are already released. I think my collecting is going to slow considerably. I mean there are not that many exclusives anymore and re-releases irritate me. I don't buy into the idea of the value of different slipcovers because i open mine so if a copy is cheaper with the same artwork I go for it.

Reactions: FanOfGaming
Mayflower, I am surprised to read that you had decided to retire. I always thought you would have one of the best collections out there. Anyway, happy retirement, mate. We should only be in the game if it is still fun.

I used to be worked up about these re releases. Whilst I still object to them, I think that the original releases will hold their value over the long term. Unless the studios decide to release an exact replica of the original release, of course.

That would make you the same then?

You said the exact same thing about this thread when it didn't need to be.... I did pretty much the same thing to you. At-least I don't act like I did anything any different.

I was only speaking my mind. I told the truth while you more than likely just wanted to take a jab at me. Isn't that against forum rules?

Last edited:
I was only speaking my mind. I told the truth while you more than likely just wanted to take a jab at me. Isn't that against forum rules?

As was I in response to your post.

Didn't you just take a jab at everyone posting in the thread by stating "what a boring thread?"

Again why act like you posted anything different then me.. You didnt.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

In all honesty you took the first jab at all contributors to this thread

Exactly... I was just posting that but you beat me to it.

Reactions: frankfish44
Hardly. This forum is a movie forum and it is for people who love movies. I see collectors come and go. It makes me feel like they don't care about the movie and are only collecting because of the case. I find that quite odd. I see a lot of burnouts around here. Don't you like to collect because its a great movie. I stopped buying the crap stuff a while ago, but I first and formost collect because I am a movie fanatic. I love movies.

I guess some are taking it all the wrong way. Oh well. And no I didn't attack all you. I am just stating this happens over and over on this board. People burnout.

Take a chill pill man.

Hardly. This forum is a movie forum and it is for people who love movies. I see collectors come and go. It makes me feel like they don't care about the movie and are only collecting because of the case. I find that quite odd. I see a lot of burnouts around here. Don't you like to collect because its a great movie. I stopped buying the crap stuff a while ago, but I first and formost HOARD because I am a movie fanatic. I love movies.

I guess some are taking it all the wrong way. Oh well. And no I didn't attack all you. I am just stating this happens over and over on this board. People burnout.

Take a chill pill man.

There corrected for you. ;)

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Guys. Let us be civil. Shall we get back to the topic? If you don't like the topic, you don't have to contribute.

Guilty as charged. Fair enough bud... your right. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Hoard? I can buy what I damn well want with my money. Shouldn't matter to you. I earned it. Its a free market.

I suppose everyohne who sells a steelbook in the trade thread should be attacked as well.

I list my acutions at 99 cents. If you don't want it, don't buy it. I break even on some and lose on others. I am doing people a favor and letting them have stuff at a price lower than most people on the trade thread. I also take a photo of every steelbook I list.

Like I said, If you cant take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

Last edited:
One more thing. I was able to get zero copies of Roger Rabbit. I know others on here got a lot. I have no hard feelings towards them.

How about a person who goes out and buys 100 copies of ZDT. Is that hording? If they are getting tips it makes them no different than a person like me who sells at a profit and many times at a loss.

I pre order everything. I commit to my pre-orders while I see many cancelling when they don't like it, and then complain when a pre-order sells out before they had a chance to buy it and reserve it.

I sell more movies on ebay at a loss and then I look at the prices everyone is asking in the trade threads on here.

Last edited: