Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 21, 2011
United Kingdom

Release date:
August 7, 2017
Purchase links: 3D Version - 4K Version
Price: £24.99 (3D) - £32.99 (4K)
Notes: Available in two options - 3D 1080p & 4K Ultra HD (both include 2D)

Part of Zavvi's Anime day, see more info here

11434745-1104474212604983.jpg

C8MClQQXQAQ6Tsv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I will wait for the FA release , £32.99 is a joke @zavvi

Yes, it's a pity about these prices but only happening what happened when Blu-rays first appeared here in the U.K. back in 2006/7 when I remembered popping into my local HMV - when I had a local HMV - and paying up to 30 quid for a single Blu-ray. Yikes!
Unfortunate that they're following the same path when what they should be doing is pricing these 4K + 2D steelbooks at under 25 quid to make the early adopters happier and encourage those not yet 4K set up to futureproof.

Self-imposing a single steelbook limit of £29.99 these releases are thus placed beyond my price range which although painful is a necessary evil and still leaves cash to buy more important releases from Criterion, Indicator, Arrow, Masters of Cinema, BFI etc.

Wow. My heart bleeds for the importers lol. It is still super cheap. Weak £ will compensate any price hikes easily.
£2.40 + £6.60 (20% UK VAT portion which is not collected from overseas sales, yet UK prices are charged).

Total £9.00 for shipping of the 4K UHD edition - I wouldn't call it super cheap anymore ;):LOL:

No matter what they (any retailer) call it, shipping is somehow always charged from the customer - even when it's "free".

Are there any indications if Kimchi/Nova/Manta etc will do a premium edition at all? This movie's crying out for a deluxe edition with a double lenti slip!

I'm still hoping for an extended cut too at some point since so much was cut from the final theatrical release, but I also hoped for an extended cut of Prometheus, Fire Walk With Me and The Force Awakens... and still so sign of any of em. So frustrating when there's so much footage in existence which really enriches the storyline.

• Thanks
Reactions: Last Lizard
3D version of this = Grail!! :p

Mine shipped last week but taking unusually longer than normal. Still haven't received it :/

And the longer it's out there after hearing these horror stories about cardboard mailers is making me sweat!!

, it's a pity about these prices but only happening what happened when Blu-rays first appeared here in the U.K. back in 2006/7 when I remembered popping into my local HMV - when I had a local HMV - and paying up to 30 quid for a single Blu-ray. Yikes!

I can see where you're coming from..... but if HMV can sell their 4K steels for around a tenner less (Alien Covenant for instance) then these £30+ price tags can't really be justified by Zavvi can they?

3D version of this = Grail!! :p

Mine shipped last week but taking unusually longer than normal. Still haven't received it :/

And the longer it's out there after hearing these horror stories about cardboard mailers is making me sweat!!
I'm the same not got delivery yet
Looks like our orders have been despatched from Holland warehouse or possibly worse the Swedish warehouse
Packaging has been good for non steelbook releases from Holland but steelbook is usually cardboard mailer
If you order more than 1 item in an order Zavvi Holland warehouse ship all of order in one parcel

I just hope it was not despatched from Sweden warehouse as that's a disaster in terms of post with long delays and lost post

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Are there any indications if Kimchi/Nova/Manta etc will do a premium edition at all? This movie's crying out for a deluxe edition with a double lenti slip!

I'm still hoping for an extended cut too at some point since so much was cut from the final theatrical release, but I also hoped for an extended cut of Prometheus, Fire Walk With Me and The Force Awakens... and still so sign of any of em. So frustrating when there's so much footage in existence which really enriches the storyline.

There's 'The Missing Pieces' for Fire Walk with me which is essentially 90 mins of cut scenes. Unless you were talking about a seemlessly branched version?

I can see where you're coming from..... but if HMV can sell their 4K steels for around a tenner less (Alien Covenant for instance) then these £30+ price tags can't really be justified by Zavvi can they?
Retailer price is decided by the distributor dealer price
HMV Price for the 4K amaray is £24.99
Zavvi is the same price for the 4K Amaray

HMV 4K steelbook with decent price have been from Fox and Sony only so far
Retailers sometimes get reduced dealer price on exclusives but not always

HMV Exclusive the mummy 4K steelbook is £29.99 that's also a universal release

Reactions: Punker76
It is slightly more than what i normally like to pay but its £24.99 just for the 4K release so £32.99 isnt that bad. Lets see how much the Blufans version will set you back extra £15.00 maybe more.

There's 'The Missing Pieces' for Fire Walk with me which is essentially 90 mins of cut scenes. Unless you were talking about a seemlessly branched version?

Yep I have the Missing Pieces, I meant as a seamless branching to make a full extended cut of the film! Like many fans I found the 90 minutes of deleted scenes so enriching to the film and added so much to it that intertwined with the series more. I live in hope we'll get a recut extended version one day to keep to Lynch's original intentions.

As for ghost in the shell, apparently a lot was cut following test audience reactions, which stripped out the deeper storyline and original ending (where both their souls were uploaded to their own network as one 'soul') in order to make it just a pure action film. Such a pity.

Having seen this steelbook it's absolutely NOT worth the price tag at all in my opinion, it's a bit bland in hand and doesn't feel like the kind of deluxe edition that kind of price tag warrants.

When HMV are putting out 3 disc steelbooks with the 4K, 3D and standard blu Rays, plus a ton of extras, for £10 or so less than this offering, says it all about who's putting value into their offering and who's just trying to offer as little as possible for as much as possible.

Vote with your wallets folks, if we continue to be willing to pay ridiculous prices simply 'because it's a steelbook' they'll continue to keep hiking the price points by.

Zavvi you are not KimChi.

Put out exclusives with world exclusive art, lenticular slips, booklets and goodies and I'll happily hand over thirty quid or so for your product. Pumping out the same zero finish lazy designs with a 4K disc in isn't gonna make most of us part with an extra tenner.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: kingkarl1967
Has anyone received a 3D copy of this yet?

Mine shipped on Aug 9th but not due for delivery until Aug 23-24. Why take so long? Usually have every Zavvi order within a week.

Unless they didn't actually ship it when they said they did!

Has anyone received a 3D copy of this yet?

Mine shipped on Aug 9th but not due for delivery until Aug 23-24. Why take so long? Usually have every Zavvi order within a week.

Unless they didn't actually ship it when they said they did!
I'm also still wating
It's most likely been shipped from Holland or Sweden warehouse can take anything from 10 days to 2 weeks or longer

If shipped from Sweden that's been a problem for me recently with Zavvi I had a order of The Sinbad Trilogy not show up and I had to wait the usual 21 days before Zavvi did anything and that was the order Zavvi annoyed me big time with further delay in sending a replacement it ended up that took over 35 days before I got delivery.

I don't like Zavvi now shipping from different warehouse across Europe I much preferred all my order been shipped from Guernsey warehouse as that was delivery in 4 to 5 days most times

Last edited:
Could be 3x accounts and the guy put them in his own box?

Quite possibly but I'd rather jump to conclusions lol

That guy said he packed 80 interstellar for someone but yet zavvi said no one ordered that amount on one account. So in the warehouse they could packed them accounts orders in one box as they are going to the same address. Brings their shipping down

• Thanks
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
Lol the scalper wants £649.99 for all 15 + £5 shipping :hilarious: