Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 21, 2011
United Kingdom

Release date:
August 7, 2017
Purchase links: 3D Version - 4K Version
Price: £24.99 (3D) - £32.99 (4K)
Notes: Available in two options - 3D 1080p & 4K Ultra HD (both include 2D)

Part of Zavvi's Anime day, see more info here

11434745-1104474212604983.jpg

C8MClQQXQAQ6Tsv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got this yesterday and wondered why everyone was hating on the finish of this. That was until I opened it.

If ever there was a steel that looked better sealed it's this one. The plastic gives it an almost gloss look. I was saying that I'd take spot glossing and debossing over full gloss any day. I take it back with this steel. Gloss would have made this a million times better.

Maybe if they actually bothered to do a proper spot gloss job on the artwork instead of the tiny letters and the pointless back debossing it would have saved it but I find this pretty disappointing.

I got this yesterday and wondered why everyone was hating on the finish of this. That was until I opened it.

If ever there was a steel that looked better sealed it's this one. The plastic gives it an almost gloss look. I was saying that I'd take spot glossing and debossing over full gloss any day. I take it back with this steel. Gloss would have made this a million times better.

Maybe if they actually bothered to do a proper spot gloss job on the artwork instead of the tiny letters and the pointless back debossing it would have saved it but I find this pretty disappointing.
wait, the letters are glossed?

After being assured by @zavvi that stock would be allocated for returns I didn't place an order when this went live again. Just received a refund instead of a replacement :banghead: I also can't get a reply regarding a refund for the return postage.

Last edited:
After being assured by @zavvi that stock would be allocated for returns I didn't place an order when this went live again. Just received a refund instead of a replacement :banghead: I also can't get a reply regarding a refund for the return postage.

To be honest, hardly anyone waits for stock to be allocated for returns where Zavvi is concerned...No matter what they say. It's always better to place a new order when showing in stock and deal with the return separately.

@BluSteel2012
Have you got delivery yet

I'm still waiting if not delivered by this Wednesday we will be told to wait until August 30th before Zavvi will do anything

I really wish Zavvi not use these European warehouses based in Holland or Sweden to ship orders to Rep of Ireland and use either UK Warrington warehouse or the Guernsey warehouse instead

There seams to be orders arriving very late or not arriving at all when shipped from Holland or Sweden going by recent posts on various web forums

There may a glimmer of hope. I had the exact same non delivery issue with Beauty and the Beast. After the wait by date they asked me to check again with neighbours, which i did. I also told Zavvi to check my history as I've bought 100s of steels. I was worried as it was sold out, but fair play to Zavvi they managed to send one.

Good luck

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
To be honest, hardly anyone waits for stock to be allocated for returns where Zavvi is concerned...No matter what they say. It's always better to place a new order when showing in stock and deal with the return separately.
I can see that it would be the more sensible way of going about it, I just didn't want to have to deal with the possibility of ending up with 2 copies and having to send another one back, and I can't afford to be out of pocket while trying to deal with it. I don't see why it would have been such a problem for them to put a copy aside though, they knew I was sending it back for a replacement before they relisted it (main site, not the account on here). Hopefully they sort out the problem and use sufficient packaging going forward, not very likely though. Finally got them to respond about the postage and they have issued a refund.

Ordered 2 x 3D

Received 2 x 4K

WTF?

Answer is 16 quid in your favor, can you go back and now get your free 3d (x2) disks for zavvi order screw up I wonder?

You may be miffed if you were looking forward to watching this in 3d. Which I recommend you do - definitely made for 3d.

Answer is 16 quid in your favor, can you go back and now get your free 3d (x2) disks for zavvi order screw up I wonder?

You may be miffed if you were looking forward to watching this in 3d. Which I recommend you do - definitely made for 3d.
Miffed beyond belief. After such a build up and all this delay and mess around.

How do I get the 3d out of them though? Are they not just going to wait till I return them and then say 'sorry, out of stock' and send me a refund?