Ghost in the Shell (2017) (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

darczap

Premium Supporter
Aug 16, 2010
NJ
Release date: July 25, 2017
Purchase links: 4K - 2D
Price: $24.99 (2D) - $29.99 (4K)

5803306_sa.jpg

images.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Placed order for 4k edition few minutes ago without any problems for in store pickup. However, both options were available and item is back ordered for shipping.

Hopefully their system prevents this from happening, if not I feel like it would be an easy mistake to make. Thankfully this hasnt happened to me with movies but last time I had a problem with bestbuy they sold my Final Fantasy steel :sorry:

awesome steel! i just picked this one, i was afraid due to some comments this was a very limited edition but i was there as soon as they opened and i was the only one there for the steelbookl lol they had like 7 copies of each, any how, i opened it and its amazing and compared with the European and the video i have seen from the Spanish one i think i will stick to this one, of course unless the premium are amazing!

Mine turned up in the mail today. I think a bit of debossing would've gone a long way, but they did go full gloss all-round, and I think it suits the art well. Additionally, they used a thick enough coat of paint that you really have to struggle to make out the grain in the metal (if at all, in some areas).
FullSizeRender (1).jpg FullSizeRender (2).jpg FullSizeRender (3).jpg
It's a nice departure from the recent trend of thinly coated steels that seem to be so popular with Scanavo and the designers
and accountants
selecting the art and finish.

I ordered two 4k steels for in store pick up and they gave me one blu ray steelbook out of the two. Luckily the other person didn't pick up one of my 4k steelbooks and they swapped it for me. One of my steels had a scratch on the front cover so I'm glad they didn't give my second copy to someone else!

Meant to preorder the 4K but got the normal version instead. Is this one worth getting in 4K?