UK
Release date: April 23, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £19.99

11702358-1394560813267864.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: schnauzithomas
Looks like one of the better examples in this collection.
Couple of pics courtesy AKIHITO7:-
Db3ntTtVQAELvuK.jpg:large

Dbyc5lJU0AADc-3.jpg:large

Db3nrwaVAAESbu9.jpg:large

DVD logo on the spine is unfortunate though.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vaako
I wonder why this, and both the Tomb Raider 4K Steelbooks have the DVD logo on the spine? Whas it left there by mistake? Was there a dvd release of this steelbook somewhere else and they just left the DVD logo on there (as it was a a shared print run)?

I wonder why this, and both the Tomb Raider 4K Steelbooks have the DVD logo on the spine? Whas it left there by mistake? Was there a dvd release of this steelbook somewhere else and they just left the DVD logo on there (as it was a a shared print run)?
Same spines as used for the US market would be my guess despite the steelbooks coming from separate manufacturing plants (Scanavo N. America and Scanavo Denmark for most of the ROW).

Certainly not the first time it has happened here with at least two other UK steelbooks on my shelves that were never meant to house DVDs.

In the UK the most recent TERMINATOR GENISYS steelbook and the TED 2 steelbooks spring to mind ... with the latter having ugly white stickers covering the "DVD" logo on the spines:-
upload_2018-4-28_22-52-28.png
upload_2018-4-28_22-54-59.png

The alternative TED 2 steelbook - with the bong - also has the "DVD" logo on the spine although I don't recall if it was stickered.

Same spines as used for the US market would be my guess despite the steelbooks coming from separate manufacturing plants (Scanavo N. America and Scanavo Denmark for most of the ROW).

Certainly not the first time it has happened here with at least two other UK steelbooks on my shelves that were never meant to house DVDs.

In the UK the most recent TERMINATOR GENISYS steelbook and the TED 2 steelbooks spring to mind ... with the latter having ugly white stickers covering the "DVD" logo on the spines:-
View attachment 371847 View attachment 371850

The alternative TED 2 steelbook - with the bong - also has the "DVD" logo on the spine although I don't recall if it was stickered.
Thoses DVD on the spin is a TOTAL failure, unless otherwise. If the steel was meant to harbor at least a Blu ray disc then the steelbook would have had a size of a bluray steelbook G......:dunno:(with both DVD and bluray disc)
IF it was only for DVD the the steelbook size would have been a DVD steelbook G....:dunno:(with only DVD)
Anyone can confirm this:bag:

Thoses DVD on the spin is a TOTAL failure, unless otherwise. If the steel was meant to harbor at least a Blu ray disc then the steelbook would have had a size of a bluray steelbook G......:dunno:(with both DVD and bluray disc)
IF it was only for DVD the the steelbook size would have been a DVD steelbook G....:dunno:(with only DVD)
Anyone can confirm this:bag:
These Paramount/Universal steelbooks are a shared print run USA/Europe
Exact same steelbooks
Reason why DVD is on the spine is because they include the DVD in USA/Europe in the non 4K editions

Universal is the distributor in UK/Europe for Paramount
They just change content inside by using 4K disc instead of DVD
Some of the 4K releases are Blu-ray/DVD in some countries
Jcards and disc contents are nothing to do with scanavo

It's cheaper to do one print run and then decide what discs go inside afterwards with local distributors deciding on which
It's also why these have been cheap prices in some countries
Most was $10 on Amazon USA if you pre ordered

• Helpful Post
Reactions: K.i.T
These Paramount/Universal steelbooks are a shared print run USA/Europe
Exact same steelbooks
Reason why DVD is on the spine is because they include the DVD in USA/Europe in the non 4K editions

Universal is the distributor in UK/Europe for Paramount
They just change content inside by using 4K disc instead of DVD
Some of the 4K releases are Blu-ray/DVD in some countries
Jcards and disc contents are nothing to do with scanavo

It's cheaper to do one print run and then decide what discs go inside afterwards with local distributors deciding on which
It's also why these have been cheap prices in some countries
Most was $10 on Amazon USA if you pre ordered
Interesting facts:thumbs:

Still wondering till how long will that last.:whistle: