Aug 4, 2012
Release date: September 29th, 2014
Purchase links:
Amazon UK
Base.com
Zavvi.com

Notes: Includes 22 page booklet

Looks like the next steel from Manga Entertainment has been confirmed:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/n...rtainment-confirms-one-piece-films-gits-arise

UPDATE: Confirmed on Twitter as a 2014 Release.

91mmu3zmxdl-_sx522_-jpg.97869

Attachments

• image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 324
  • 91Mmu3zmXdL._SX522_.jpg
    91Mmu3zmXdL._SX522_.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 2,362
Last edited by a moderator:
I assume it is a typo. As for advertising, I'm sure they have not had the sales they hoped for on this one. I personally ordered from Amazon & love this movie. Look forward to adding this steelie to my collection.

Update! Zavvi have now corrected the mistake after someone pointed out that it isn't an exclusive and proceeded to add a link to the Amazon listing. Well played that guy! :thumbs:

However, the text below the picture still says "Zavvi exclusive". FAIL! :rolleyes:

Zavvi GITS 2.PNG

I wouldn't be surprised if the pre-order numbers aren't high on this one - its not even listed on Amazon's first page if you do a GITS search! That and the price point is a bit high considering you would have thought they would have released the orginal version on Blu in the UK by now.

I'm on the fence. I expect a nice steel to the quality of Akira and Ninja Scroll... while also noting that I snapped up both of those in HMV months after release for £6 each! :wtf:

Heard alot about this movie but never got around to watching it hopefully if Zavvi have this on a reasonable price I will try to pick one up...

Is it original version or new with CGI in prologue?
That is a good question. On the zavvi.co.uk website I found this review. Very promising, so if anyone can confirm this:

"This is the original version of Ghost in the Shell!
It would be unfair to rate this release before I've watched the finished version, but I do know it is the same Blu-ray master used to create the original 2004 Blu-ray release for Japan from Bandai Entertainment. Which, up until now has not been made available to any other territory outside of the land of the rising sun. Manga is celebrating the release of this, the original HD telecine transfer of the 1995 original by packaging it in a beautiful limited edition Scanavo steelbook along with a brand new 22-page booklet. This is the HD/Blu-ray version of GITS that the fans have been working for and should not in any way be confused with the 2009 release from Kodansha and Manga called "Ghost In The Shell 2.0" (aka Ghost In The Shell Redux), which was very controversial at the time for recolouring the whole film to fit more closely with the 2004 sequel, GITS: Innocence as well as featuring brand new CG generated scenes This version features all of the original animation and the original colour palette.

Reviewed on 06/05/2014 by Uzumaki"

• Informative
Reactions: lolwut and Modulus