Ghostbusters (2016) (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 21st, 2016 (TBC)
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live at 12 PM UK time, on Monday July 25, 2016)
Price: £23.99

ghost1.jpg

ghost2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh for f*cks sake...... I love the art

But I really don't want to buy this film! :( lol

Do love that art though.

@Noodles you seen this?
Only just noticed the thread, so thanks for the tag! :)

I'm yet to see the film, so am unsure whether I'll buy this or not. I also really like the art though... it's so cool that it matches HMV's steelbooks for the previous two films (surprised this wasn't an HMV exclusive as well to be honest), which I still hope to pick up at some point.

Have you seen the film yet mate?

• Thanks
Reactions: Flash and Flloydo
Only just noticed the thread, so thanks for the tag! :)

I'm yet to see the film, so am unsure whether I'll buy this or not. I also really like the art though... it's so cool that it matches HMV's steelbooks for the previous two films (surprised this wasn't an HMV exclusive as well to be honest), which I still hope to pick up at some point.

Have you seen the film yet mate?

Thought you'd like it as we like Hmv steels.

Basically the same as you, still want to get the other 2 but on a price drop and like @Sigill mentioned I would get this on a price drop for the art alone but I haven't seen the film yet either and not sure I actually want to

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill and Noodles
Thought you'd like it as we like Hmv steels.

Basically the same as you, still want to get the other 2 but on a price drop and like @Sigill mentioned I would get this on a price drop for the art alone but I haven't seen the film yet either and not sure I actually want to
I'm waiting for a price drop on the others too, and may also do the same with this one... looks like more people hate it than love it, and it doesn't seem to be "ultra limited", so there's probably a good chance of that happening.

I'm not too bothered about the film either, mainly because the trailers look awful and I can't stand Melissa McCarthy... but I'll at least give it a chance, especially since a lot of people who originally felt the same about it as me have come back and said the movie is actually quite enjoyable.

Loved it (and loved original Ghostbusters). Will wait to see if it comes to my side of pond :thumbs:

I am sure the US will get a version, I honestly am glad they are doing a steelbook. I was worried because of the ridiculous criticisms it's had, it might not get one but I love this artwork and the film, cool it includes 3D also. :thumbs:

There are some films you just don't remake. The Magnificent Seven, Ben Hur and Ghostbusters are three of them. As an avid cinema lover, it's soul crushing more than anger-inducing, it's like ripping off antiques.

The Magnificent Seven is a remake of The Seven Samurai, and the 1959 version of Ben-Hur is the 3rd film based on Ben-Hur A Tale of The Christ.

Plenty of great movies have been remakes.

I am sure the US will get a version, I honestly am glad they are doing a steelbook. I was worried because of the ridiculous criticisms it's had, it might not get one but I love this artwork and the film, cool it includes 3D also. :thumbs:
Not surprised, internet (allows) for all kinds of anonymous trolling and obnoxiousness. To each their own-I enjoyed it and will be adding this to my collection eventually :ninja:

Reactions: Flash
Not surprised, internet (allows) for all kinds of anonymous trolling and obnoxiousness. To each their own-I enjoyed it and will be adding this to my collection eventually :ninja:

Definitely it doesn't bother me if everyone hates it, I loved it, one of the best films I've seen this year.

As Abby says in the film

"...You're not supposed to listen to what crazy people say in the middle of the night online..."

I am just preempting this as we've already had it in the 'in-theatres' thread.

Can we not turn the thread into a slagging off of the film, if you don't like and that's your opinion, cool just don't buy it. What you think @digitalbabe ?

Reactions: Strangerbyday
@Flash Everyone is entitled to express his/her opinion, whether they like it or dislike it. As long as it's done in a civil way, no harm done.

I don't think it's that helpful/interesting for people to simply read in threads repetitive, hate the movie, hate the artwork...but each to their own ;)

I'm waiting for a price drop on the others too, and may also do the same with this one... looks like more people hate it than love it, and it doesn't seem to be "ultra limited", so there's probably a good chance of that happening.
Exactly.

And this will probably get released in all the countries that got the other 2 original Ghostbusters 'poop art' steelbooks previously got released in. So there shouldn't be a shortage of these in the bargain bins in the future hopefully!

I don't think it's that helpful/interesting for people to simply read in threads repetitive, hate the movie, hate the artwork...but each to their own ;)

And you're entitled to your opinion of course. Others do care about these posts and do find them interesting. This is a forum after all and such posts are part of it. Thanks.