Ghostbusters (2016) (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 21st, 2016 (TBC)
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live at 12 PM UK time, on Monday July 25, 2016)
Price: £23.99

ghost1.jpg

ghost2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ah screw it, my gf has ordered me the first two (2 for £25) in this style for my birthday, they will be the first ever steelbooks i keep sealed.

Reactions: Flash
WOW! They do matching art for the damn Pop Tart steelbooks.

But when it comes to others, they f us right in the belly :grumpy:
Yeah, could have been part of the contract for that art series before the movie was released. Studios are not always thinking about "sets" or collections, but there's been some additional opportunity depending on situation over the years.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: virkia
Just what the doctor ordered and a most welcome surprise for the new film to have artwork that complements the originals released recently, is original and has nothing to do with the sub-standard official poster art :thumbs:
Now 3 to buy instead of 2 and the only question remaining is "When?" and not "If?"

The only decent original poster artwork for the latest film is this one from BLT COMMUNICATIONS of L.A and truth to tell I wasn't getting a front cover vibe for this one either:-

DAN MUMFORD artwork (?) like the other two :-
1)

2)
GHOSTBUSTERS2_danmumford3.jpg

3)

ghostbusters_2016_1-622x320.jpg

- a talented artist probably most famous for his tattoo style images and some of his highly recognisable images have been used for a number of Blu-ray and steelbook covers:-
THE FIFTH ELEMENT
upload_2016-7-22_22-42-42.jpeg
THE WICKER MAN
images
TALES OF TERROR
images
etc.

i hate it.

if there is no good artwork, i wouldnt have minded a concept steelbook, for example if they made the steel a ghost trap, or proton pack.

Last edited:
Delighted this is getting a steelbook and I absolutely love the artwork front and back it's awesome. I loved this film I can't wait to see it again. The film is a reimagining and at the same time, a lovely homage to the original. I was worried it would be a piss take and because I love the originals I thought I would hate it but it's fantastic. The script is really funny and clever. The film for me actually has a lot of heart, magic and a real new authenticity.

It's a shame it's had such a stigma and people on principle they don't want to embrace it and I was that person and if you are too, please ignore that and go and see this movie, it's really enjoyable.

I absolutely loved Ecto 1, I loved Slimer driving Ecto 1, I love that the graphics weren't over the top just right, they got everything just right for me I felt almost like clapping at the end. I loved the original cast cameos they almost brought a tear to my eye.
Second everything you said

Seen it twice already as inwas so impressed (despite the fact its far from perfect too)

I'm waiting for a price drop on the others too, and may also do the same with this one... looks like more people hate it than love it, and it doesn't seem to be "ultra limited", so there's probably a good chance of that happening.

I'm not too bothered about the film either, mainly because the trailers look awful and I can't stand Melissa McCarthy... but I'll at least give it a chance, especially since a lot of people who originally felt the same about it as me have come back and said the movie is actually quite enjoyable.

I went to see Ghostbusters today and I really wanted to give the film a fair chance. So now that I've seen it, I can honestly say it wasn't a movie for me. The ladies next to me were laughing out loud all the time and enjoyd it, but I didn't find the film as funny. Perhaps there's something wrong with me, but from time to time I felt a bit annoyed and bored. Especially Melissa McCarthy, there's just something about her I cannot stand. Overall I just didn't find the chemistry between the characters or any of them really likeable. Many of the things seemed forced in this movie, including all the cameos. I always wanted to see third Ghostbusters film, but not something like this. To me it just didn't work.

Yeah, could have been part of the contract for that art series before the movie was released. Studios are not always thinking about "sets" or collections, but there's been some additional opportunity depending on situation over the years.
True, there has been some good ones. It's just not for the movies i wanted :p

My dream is to own a studio and make sure there are no restrictions on choosing art for the movie releases :LOL:

I like Dan Mumford's stuff a lot. But since my first two Ghosbusters are the classic iconographic designs, would need to find a third. I love the logo too much to be honest...

I went to see Ghostbusters today and I really wanted to give the film a fair chance. So now that I've seen it, I can honestly say it wasn't a movie for me. The ladies next to me were laughing out loud all the time and enjoyd it, but I didn't find the film as funny. Perhaps there's something wrong with me, but from time to time I felt a bit annoyed and bored. Especially Melissa McCarthy, there's just something about her I cannot stand. Overall I just didn't find the chemistry between the characters or any of them really likeable. Many of the things seemed forced in this movie, including all the cameos. I always wanted to see third Ghostbusters film, but not something like this. To me it just didn't work.
You know what's wrong with you Hamill? We patiently sit through 2 hours and 15 minutes and what do we get? We get like 10 seconds of you at the end of the damn movie!
:giggle:

The only funny/memorable bit of the film was the ongoing wonton joke. The rest was flat and dull.

The steel book is minging too.

Lol at everyone going on about the art....the film is a god awful mess and a slap to the face of the old franchise where so much love and passion went into. The artwork is the least of it's worries.

However if you DON'T buy this Steelbook then you are sexist, misogynist, woman harassing pig :)

Easiest pass ever

I'm not defending this film in any way but as a steel collector for a **** load of years I collect steels because of the films I love and sometimes even (dare I say it) because I love the art but not massive on the film.... Yeah that happens

But like I said previously this will need a price drop before I buy it because I'm really not up for the film but i suppose I'll watch it some day just to witness it

I'm not defending this film in any way but as a steel collector for a **** load of years I collect steels because of the films I love and sometimes even (dare I say it) because I love the art but not massive on the film.... Yeah that happens

But like I said previously this will need a price drop before I buy it because I'm really not up for the film but i suppose I'll watch it some day just to witness it

Good point, I also buy films because I either like the film or the artwork. I know many collectors or fanboys who buy things just for the artwork of certain brands or franchises who I have introduced to steelbooks and they just love it for the artwork and don't really care about blurays in general. So many audiences out there that artwork can appeal too.

This film however, at the least I will not pay to see in the cinema, I will buy the steel for the artwork and the matching trilogy, but I don't expect I will like the film as much as the first one, its great for female audiences and youngsters of this day and age and thats who it is directed to. It's funny the backlash of women who said male audiences are sexist when the film itself is sexist as it is directed mostly at a female audiences with female jokes in, such as the first joke in the film about "quifing" which sets the level of humour for the rest of the film. At the very least I hope it will be entertaining and will grace my bluray player at least once all the way through :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Say what you like about the art but at least it is consistent with the other two GB recent releases (for once).

I quite like the movie, the missus loved it, she wasn't a fan of the originals which says a lot as to why she liked it. I think the majority of people that have ether never seen the originals or didn't like them will have a good chance of liking this version.

Reminder folks, those who wish to discuss the movie, please do so in the movie thread HERE. Also, remember to use spoiler tags as there are others who haven't seen it yet.

I have a feeling that I won't like it either... not only can I not stand Melissa McCarthy, but I'm also not a fan of Paul Feig (the only movie of his that I enjoyed was Bridesmaids, and even that took a second watch to convince me). Like I said though... I'll still at least give Ghostbusters a chance. I'm kind of hoping that I do enjoy it though, because I really like the steelbook art and would love to own it. :p

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo