Toronto, ON
Release date: September 16th, 2014
Purchase link: Future Shop.ca
Price: 26.99$+tx
Group Buy: biscuitnoir or Drum18
Units: 4,000
Notes: 2D only, NOT WEA as previously stated
Finish: Matte

IMPORTANT: The blue banner is on the j-card (NOT on the Steelbook)
full.jpg
360 spin

front.jpgCAN_GODZILLA_STLBOOK_3D_2.jpg

Check out the Future Shop SteelBook page!
thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly, it's not a 3D disk that makes a release more expensive these days, lots of releases with 3D disk are even cheaper or same price as other blu-ray + DVD that Futureshops does... it's still 2 disks and prices are not that different

• Informative
Reactions: Bluprint
Honestly, it's not a 3D disk that makes a release more expensive these days, lots of releases with 3D disk are even cheaper or same price as other blu-ray + DVD that Futureshops does... it's still 2 disks and prices are not that different

Correct I buy steelbooks to have the ultimate version of a particular film. Not an incomplete inferior version that means I then have to buy other products to complete what should already been provided as part of the collectable.

If people want cheaper incomplete versions just because it's in a tin that's fair enough but that's not why I collect them. A steelbook should be the definitive version. :)

Correct I buy steelbooks to have the ultimate version of a particular film. Not an incomplete inferior version that means I then have to buy other products to complete what should already been provided as part of the collectable.

If people want cheaper incomplete versions just because it's in a tin that's fair enough but that's not why I collect them. A steelbook should be the definitive version. :)
It's been years and years since a Steelbook containing the ultimate edition with all the extras has come out, so alad you're living in the past. Physical releases of movies most often come with crappy, 2 minutes featurettes or trailers only... Even the Kimchi and Blufans edition don't have the maximum of features imaginable.

Reactions: toonminator

If buying incomplete inferior version means not having 3D sticked out everywhere then I happy with inferior version :). For me I think steelbook should first have nice artwork and quality finish then rest can follow.

If this had 3D without having 3d logo then it would have been icing on cake just like Scandinavian release of 300 ROA

Reactions: kaw

I Agree with you, there's different types of collectors, but the collector that I am is the type that wants the most perfect steel package as possible. I collect steelbooks so when I invest in a steel, I want the best steel/Package possible. Sometimes It might mean investing in 2 steels but it happens. Ideally only one as it is expensive enough as it is. If the 3D version is available for a movie, my steel will contain it. If not, the steels without the 3D disks Better have that INSANELY EXTRA WOW factor for me to invest in it. If not I don't see the point in this type of collecting for MYSELF. I prefer getting a nice Amaray Version in that case. To me in a situation like this, it means it's not a steelbook to collect for me.

Reactions: psychoscot
I'm sure FS always tries to push 3D, but in the end it's the studio's decision.

Big Retailers do have an enormous say and know their customers needs... it's a back and forth thing. There's a lot more to this thank just FS wanted the 3D and the Studio not wanting to offer it(many reasons could accounted for), but studios works usually well when it's an exclusive release and they have a built up relationship with the retailer.

I think you're collecting the wrong product if content is your main priority since the majority of Steelbook releases skimp on content. Personally I don't think a lack of 3D makes a Steelbook incomplete or inferior. 3D is just a different way to watch a film, not better or worse.

As for the lack of WEA, I think we have to be careful not to post details that may change until they are 100% confirmed because ultimately it leaves collectors disappointed. I appreciate the early information, but accurate information is more important.

Reactions: psychoscot
I think you're collecting the wrong product if content is your main priority since the majority of Steelbook releases skimp on content. Personally I don't think a lack of 3D makes a Steelbook incomplete or inferior. 3D is just a different way to watch a film, not better or worse.

As for the lack of WEA, I think we have to be careful not to post details that may change until they are 100% confirmed because ultimately it leaves collectors disappointed. I appreciate the early information, but accurate information is more important.

Art is a primary concern closely followed by 3D if the film was shown in that format as that's the version I now prefer to watch at home over 2D.

It's pretty much the reason, I'm buying 85% of my steels from Asia now, when I'd rather buy US/CA/UK given the choice of same content. :)

I 100% disagree, I think the lack of 3D makes this release inferior. If the movie was release in cinema 3D I like to have the option to buy it like that. And a movie in 3D in way more fun to watch than a regular 2D especially movies that were filmed like that!

I 100% disagree, I think the lack of 3D makes this release inferior. If the movie was release in cinema 3D I like to have the option to buy it like that. And a movie in 3D in way more fun to watch than a regular 2D especially movies that were filmed like that!

And you would be ok with 3D being plastered everywhere on steelbook?