The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 9th, 2014
Purchase link: Guardians of the Galaxy
Group Buy: apsmith21
Price: $19.99
Notes: Title on front cover, NO title on spine.

gotg_bbsteel-jpg.112272

Exclusive HDN Pictures! Thanks so much to Future Shop and @zerox39 for the advance look!! :D
gotg00001-jpg.118042

gotg00002-jpg.118043

gotg00003-jpg.118044

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, this thread is so conflicting.
Does the spine have the title or does it not? "It's not that ugly so I'll buy it" or "it's so hideous, but I'll still be buying it"?

I was really looking forward to this release. Now I'm just sad :(

The no title spine is always weird like the Best Buy Snow White trying to think of some others.

I do not think I would compare it to the Best Buy Snow White as I keep it in the slip and do not recognize that it has no title on the spine as you do not see it.:thumbs: With this, there is no way to hide it and you have to look at it like this all the time.:angry::ohno: I may want to pull it out and put in my Michael Jackson "Thriller" tape and listen to it...:rofl::ohno::ohno:

The titleless spine bugs the heck out of me. BUT I love the cover. I don't know why everyone is hating it. I am just so glad I don't have to order from overseas to get steels now. :)

Reactions: tridon
I liked the mix tape to begin with but the card just adds it for me, though I wish there was a title on the spine. I will say waiting until December 9 will be tough!

Reactions: tridon and darczap
I kinda wish it had a spine title. There's something very awesome about seeing all the marvel movies lined up in order and all the titles in chronological order of release.

GOTGHIDEFNINJA1_zps8e2dd7df.png

Love this steel art by Agent McGueen! :drool: :thumbs: :drool:
I'd purchase it in a "hot minute". Now that is what I would have expected for this great Marvel movie. Note to Marvel/Disney = you are going to loose a lot of very, smart, artistic, wonderful group of steel customers who make up this lucritive market and steel business worldwide. I know it doesn't matter if there are thousands of negative comments everywhere on all social media and all the steelbook sites about this design. I am sure it doesn't matter to see all the cancellations AFTER BestBuy changed the artwork that everyone wanted with the actors on it, to this ridculous cassete. UGH! Cancelled mine immediately. AND will not buy your movie, Marvel, until you let another company like Kimchi redo the cover in steebool artistic fashion like the one Agent McGueen showed us here with the actors on the cover. THIS IS A FUN COVER!!!! :D :p :happy: :) Fun! And that is what it is all about for me! Not a dull, dumb cassette. I have purchased ALL the Marvel Iron Mans, Thors, Capts, Avengers with great, fun covers, but just because you are Marvel and make a good movie does not mean that I will purchase just any ridculous cover artwork on a steelbook no matter what the slip is like to cover it!

Last edited:
I just want the cheapest possible steel of this movie so I can put the fantastic slip from djs1401 / Zesty over it!

Reactions: harry