The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 9th, 2014
Purchase link: Guardians of the Galaxy
Group Buy: apsmith21
Price: $19.99
Notes: Title on front cover, NO title on spine.

gotg_bbsteel-jpg.112272

Exclusive HDN Pictures! Thanks so much to Future Shop and @zerox39 for the advance look!! :D
gotg00001-jpg.118042

gotg00002-jpg.118043

gotg00003-jpg.118044

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I just chatted with Disney.

The product shown in the Best Buy thread isn't the correct final image and the Zavvi thread has a slightly different product.

The BBY/FS one looks almost exactly like the Zavvi with one little change. The Guardians title is debossed and in that metal empty space near the tape heads (parallel to the text on the tape)

Chatted with Disney? :O
If you really, did you give them the horrible feedback the artwork have gotten and what did they say about it?

Here I was hoping for North America to save the day. I shall pray one of our favourite Asian companies come to the rescue seriously blufans this film need your attention urgently!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I just chatted with Disney.

The product shown in the Best Buy thread isn't the correct final image and the Zavvi thread has a slightly different product.

The BBY/FS one looks almost exactly like the Zavvi with one little change. The Guardians title is debossed and in that metal empty space near the tape heads (parallel to the text on the tape)
Does that mean the spine on the BB/FS is the same as the Zavvi release with the Walkman buttons, or will it have the title on the spine??

@zerox39 thanks for the quick update! I'm bummed that everyone is so disappointed with this steel so far since the movie was so fun. I like the idea, but the execution isn't the best. Hoping my mind is changed when we see the BB/FS release. I didn't even notice that the buttons are SKIP buttons until @Bluprint pointed it out :rofl: That's just terrible.

You can polish a turd in spot gloss all you want, but it's still a turd. ;)

I'm all for simplistic, out of the box ideas for artwork, but this one just doesn't quite fit the bill. If the artwork remains as the cassette player, then at least make it match the one in the movie. Not having the same model is as bad as the idea others have mentioned of making Iron Man green (yes, I went there). :p

Dear Best Buy & Disney,

Although you have changed the artwork on your pre-order page (and my order page) to show the below image,

gotg_bb.jpg

I have little to no hope that I shall see a steelbook that looks like this. There is still time to change. It can't be too late for us.

Please prove me wrong, and make multitudes of steelbook collectors worldwide happy.

Kisses,

Andy

If they did that, it would be one of the few instances where the US steelbook was the coveted version.
USA! USA!

This reminds me of when Disney tried to release the Phase One avengers briefcase and that got halted because they didn't have permission to use the suitcase outside of the movie.

Last edited: