Guardians of the Galaxy (3D + 2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
Release date: December 9th, 2014
Purchase link: Regular edition or Bilingual edition
Price: $28.99
Group Buy: Drum18 & biscuitnoir

Units: 8000
Format: 3D + 2D Blu-ray (No DVD)
m2214894_1.jpg

m2214894.jpg m2214894_3.jpg m2214895.jpg

Check out the Future Shop SteelBook page!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've come to terms that the cover is what it is (still think it could be better) but the lack of a title on the spine for this FS release is the most disappointing part for me

It's not gonna look nice at all with the rest of my Marvel collection :(

View attachment 106295
In the same boat: Specifically got Avengers, Thor: DW & Cap America: WS from Future Shop due to the titles on the spine.
If this doesn't have the title on the spine (I can give or take it having no title on the front as per the Iron Man 3 steel...) it's going to look out of place.
Suppose it'll have to be kept in it's slipcase...

Only in Quebec. Haven't seen a bilingual J-card on a Disney Steelbook here in BC.

But doesn't look bad. Will have to wait to see what the artwork looks like (inside and back) before deciding.
Not sure what thread its on (possibly the Zavvi thread for GotG) but there is a picture floating around of the back art. Pretty much a continuation of the Walkman theme, but with a dull sticker (well, not an actual sticker but sticker effect) of the characters (and by dull, I mean it looks stupidly dark..) printed at a off-kilt angle.
In summary- It looks like an abomination.

Reactions: djprodikis
Not sure what thread its on (possibly the Zavvi thread for GotG) but there is a picture floating around of the back art. Pretty much a continuation of the Walkman theme, but with a sticker (well, not an actual sticker but sticker effect) of the characters printed at a off-kilt angle.
In summary- It looks like excellent.

Fixed for you :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

:D

Reactions: Andycadle84
I personally don't like the design because for a team of superheroes, the walkman is too favourable to one character only. I will still get it the moment of its release for the basis of it's the only "confirmed" steelbook.

Seriously, I hope there will be a variation from different companies AND announce it before this gets released so I don't have to double dip.

Reactions: dLux and lgans316
I think I will slow down and not pick up as many FS releases, print run is too high, in term of collectivity for the collector it doesn't excite me anymore..plus the finishes on Marvel seem to be worse than others, that is just weird. Divergent was so nice in term of quality/finish and design... but again MArvel doesn't give wiggle room in term of design to FS.

Yes this will also be my last FS Marvel buy, as the Cap 2 release was beyond terrible. I sold it immediately on arrival. I won't be looking at future Marvel FS releases unless it is guaranteed to have the same or better finish as the rest of the world unless by some miracle FS gets exclusive gloss when the rest don't. Having the title on it is fairly irrelevant to me, I was hoping FS would have exclusive art and finish, which on Cap 2 they did. Unfortunately is was poorer than everywhere else. I'm not really bothered by print run, I'm only interested in the best version art/finish wise.

I seriously fear this will be another poor effort in terms of finish quality, the same as Winter Soldier. If so again I will immediately sell it on.

With the Mondo Drive on the way FS aren't out for the count yet though! I just hope somewhere down the line we see a Marvel release with that same attention to detail.

Reactions: PKAVFC and lgans316
Yes this will also be my last FS Marvel buy, as the Cap 2 release was beyond terrible. I sold it immediately on arrival. I won't be looking at future Marvel FS releases unless it is guaranteed to have the same or better finish as the rest of the world unless by some miracle FS gets exclusive gloss when the rest don't. Having the title on it is fairly irrelevant to me, I was hoping FS would have exclusive art and finish, which on Cap 2 they did. Unfortunately is was poorer than everywhere else. I'm not really bothered by print run, I'm only interested in the best version art/finish wise.

I seriously fear this will be another poor effort in terms of finish quality, the same as Winter Soldier. If so again I will immediately sell it on.

With the Mondo Drive on the way FS aren't out for the count yet though! I just hope somewhere down the line we see a Marvel release with that same attention to detail.

I agree with you, CA2 was not so nice, happy I grabbed as usual the Taiwan release(IMO best release out there so far), I brought my order back and got full refund for CA2 FS. I also cancelled Hobbit extended, print run is low but FS is starting to get on the bottom of my list.. for me print run is a factor though. I don't mind not picking it up as I don't have any of the series on steel, I'll decide later...but I agree with best art and finish is a factor.

Reactions: PKAVFC