Guardians of the Galaxy (3D + 2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
Release date: December 9th, 2014
Purchase link: Regular edition or Bilingual edition
Price: $28.99
Group Buy: Drum18 & biscuitnoir

Units: 8000
Format: 3D + 2D Blu-ray (No DVD)
m2214894_1.jpg

m2214894.jpg m2214894_3.jpg m2214895.jpg

Check out the Future Shop SteelBook page!

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm one of the few who is thrilled to see that Canada got the same artwork! I was dreading the potential of having to order from someplace else and pay a fortune for this artwork. I think this is exactly the type of art that steelbook is made for. It's different and creative. If they had just used the one sheet I would have been really disappointed with the lack of creativity. The only steel I'm currently even more excited for is the Drive Mondo steel.

I guess I'm one of the few who is thrilled to see that Canada got the same artwork! I was dreading the potential of having to order from someplace else and pay a fortune for this artwork. I think this is exactly the type of art that steelbook is made for. It's different and creative. If they had just used the one sheet I would have been really disappointed with the lack of creativity. The only steel I'm currently even more excited for is the Drive Mondo steel.

Count me in :)

Reactions: svenning
i was a teenager in the 80,s so i totally love this retro looking personal stereo player cover art,
im guessing the people who dont like it are another generation,
well all i can say is, variety is good and there will be different designs from other countries if you dont like it,,

i was a teenager in the 80,s so i totally love this retro looking personal stereo player cover art,
im guessing the people who dont like it are another generation,
well all i can say is, variety is good and there will be different designs from other countries if you dont like it,,
First and foremost- It's not necessarily the design that most people are up in arms about, it's the awful, awful execution of the idea.
It's not the same Walkman- No Sony logo (granted, copyright issues...) But it's not even the right colour!! Then on the spine, there's a 'skip' button- Since when did a Walkman ever have a skip button??
Total lacklustre approach to the design.
Also; for now at least, this is the only artwork people around the World have the option on. Maybe down the line there's going to be alternate steelbooks, but not for the time being...

Reactions: lgans316
First and foremost- It's not necessarily the design that most people are up in arms about, it's the awful, awful execution of the idea.
It's not the same Walkman- No Sony logo (granted, copyright issues...) But it's not even the right colour!! Then on the spine, there's a 'skip' button- Since when did a Walkman ever have a skip button??
Also; for now at least, this is the only artwork people around the World have the option on. Maybe down the line there's going to be alternate steelbooks, but not for the time being...

I think they are forwards and revers buttons.

I think they are forwards and revers buttons.
No, they're definitely skip buttons- Check the artwork. Fast forward/reverse buttons are the two arrows pointing to the right and left respectively. Skip buttons are the arrows, followed by the line afterwards.
So yeah, they pretty much screwed that one up...

I get a lot of the complaints about the execution of this Steelbook, specifically not using the same Walkman as in the film. I get Sony is a competing company and am repeatedly told that when I suggest Disney should have just purchased a license to use the likeness but;

Can someone to me if that is the case then how did they get the rights to copy the Walkman seen below

sony-walkman.jpg

Because that is clearly a Sony product, and they still are able to use it.

I get a lot of the complaints about the execution of this Steelbook, specifically not using the same Walkman as in the film. I get Sony is a competing company and am repeatedly told that when I suggest Disney should have just purchased a license to use the likeness but;

Can someone to me if that is the case then how did they get the rights to copy the Walkman seen below

sony-walkman.jpg

Because that is clearly a Sony product, and they still are able to use it.
Good find! Never even realised that this was a Walkman model, and that the steelbook was based on this- Makes you think even more why in the World they couldn't use the design in the film and omit the Sony branding.

ive checked the artwork at the buttons are correct, it was fast forward and rewind, like on the one i had,
not shore if you ever owned one but i did and this layout is correct..