Guardians of the Galaxy (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 30, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11192347-3134340183123646.jpg

11192347-8164340183137617.jpg 11192347-1784340183165841.jpg

Well it don't sound like it's fine

(But anyone would agree it's pointless moaning about it in threads when you have an easy way of changing them without losing any money) just saying

You are moaning more than me, lol you kinda knew what they would be like and you still bought it, really it's not that bad you need to return it? It's a lot nicer than the tape one I've got, be happy ;)

You seen Jessica Jones yet?

Yes I got Carter, yes it's a bit dark but I like it, classy design on front like the lettering would have been nicer bit brighter. The series is amazing, it's cool to have a female led series amongst the marvel universe, love how the episodes look almost film like, great scripts and acting.

Oh yeah forgot about the debossed title. That looks good. And the inside art is ok but I hope if they do the second series the image is clearer on the front (hopefully learn from their mistake on the first steel and include back art too)
Yeah it looks very good and all the sets and clothing and she's a great actress and you don't get bored of her so a strong lead. Some other really good actors in it too like Eli from broad-walk and some cameos from stark and the lads from captain America film. Very cool

Reactions: Flash
You are moaning more than me, lol you kinda knew what they would be like and you still bought it, really it's not that bad you need to return it? It's a lot nicer than the tape one I've got, be happy ;)

You seen Jessica Jones yet?

I can moan because I own it (as you say to me a lot)
And you clearly haven't seen my photos. When you see them you will know why i an returning it and like I said if It didn't have the defect and the image was much better on the steel I would of kept it

Oh yeah forgot about the debossed title. That looks good. And the inside art is ok but I hope if they do the second series the image is clearer on the front (hopefully learn from their mistake on the first steel and include back art)
Yeah it looks very good and all the sets and clothing and she's a great actress and you don't get bored of her so a strong lead. Some other really good actors in it too like Eli from broad-walk and some cameos from stark and the lads from captain America film. Very cool

Yeah Shea Whigham from Boardwalk Empire (awesome show) is really good in it, I also like Chad Michael Murray :drool:

(Sorry for late reply was watching smackdown)

Yeah Shea Whigham from Boardwalk Empire (awesome show) is really good in it, I also like Chad Michael Murray :drool:

(Sorry for late reply was watching smackdown)

Lol smackdown

Sorry just found they part funny.

Oh and you have mistaken me for being rude. The way I said it wasn't shouting or arguing with you it was a general "well stop moaning then" like you would say to a mate. But of course you take everything the wrong way. Enjoy hogan

Lol smackdown

Sorry just found they part funny.

Oh and you have mistaken me for being rude. The way I said it wasn't shouting or arguing with you it was a general "well stop moaning then" like you would say to a mate. But of course you take everything the wrong way. Enjoy hogan

My mates like wrestling and know it's been quite a while since Hogan was in it ;)

I shall enjoy it :)

• Informative
Reactions: Flloydo
My mates like wrestling and know it's been quite a while since Hogan was in it ;)

I shall enjoy it :)

Lol hogan was a joke.
But I couldn't even name a modern wrestler! The Rock? Lol I'll stop now

Lol hogan was a joke.
But I couldn't even name a modern wrestler! The Rock? Lol I'll stop now

Nope try again. Lol. I don't mind I like it as do a lot of people, pop round, watch it and bring your guardians steel and we will swap, mate ;)

Nope try again. Lol. I don't mind I like it as do a lot of people, pop round, watch it and bring your guardians steel and we will swap, mate ;)

Bit of a trek Essex to Scotland (not sure where in Scotland you are from)
But I would happily trade my bad copy for your cassette version, I'm sure you won't want quill with 4 eyes tho

Bit of a trek Essex to Scotland (not sure where in Scotland you are from)
But I would happily trade my bad copy for your cassette version, I'm sure you won't want quill with 4 eyes tho

You'll have to watch smackdown

(but I have haribo ;))

Just ordinary tangfastic, I hate the cherry ones throw them away, you can have them all ;) lol

Perfect then.
Either normal or tangfastic cherries will do. (Prefer tangfastics tho)

Perfect then.
Either normal or tangfastic cherries will do. (Prefer tangfastics tho)

Me 2....

Ah we digress. I think for anyone who doesn't own this as a steelbook and wants it (yours is faulty so understandable you want to return it) this is a nice item particularly if the price does drop.

Sorry I see but to say you be in pain is a bit of an exaggeration?

Some people like these releases as I said if i didn't own the originals I would get them they are fun and I really like the lenticulars.

I am talking about my own personal view and yes it's a strong feeling, once you own the other steelbooks you can see the difference, deep down I would not be able to deny it, the Asian, Play and HMV releases are the standard for many, of course they cost considerbly more now. The asian or Film Arena Lentis have better depth, clarity and flip effects, sorry but that's the truth. These releases suit anyone that does not have any version, also for anyone that want to collect them again but some will wait until the price drops or leave them if they don't feel they like them.

This steel is nicer than any amaray and cheaper than any other steelbook version. It looks really nice on the shelf (without lenti) despite having a less than premium finish. We may have expected more but it isn't bad at all, just a bit pricey for what it is and a total rip off if you get a four eyed one.

You say you are not going to show off your collection and laugh but then state you have irreplaceable imports and mock the way that someone removes their magnet.

Excuse me but I think everyone watching is capable of deciding for themselves how they would like to remove their magnets lol

@barrycameron went to the effort of making a video which is more helpful than anything else in this thread so far.

I'm not laughing at anyones expense and I'm certainly not trying to look down on anyone, some collectors mentioned damages before from a magnet, I was just trying to help, even if the other collector does not care and says they do not about any damage risked. Not all are familiar with Magnets on a steelbook, not many of those from the UK until now, not everyone thinks alike when handling steelbooks, something simple to you may not be to someone else, also they may have different idea of a mint steelbook too, were here to help each other when possible. :)

There will be other videos and pictures, of course it's nice to have reviews, their open to comments too, just because it's a video does not mean it's always correct. The same reviewer said this is a poor release, so their not happy with it to some extent but want Marvel Steelbooks. I just think they look average, I'm still open to other reviews and pics as I already said before several times now.

The other releases will always set the bar does not matter what we say it's the way it has been a long time around here and other places, if you can't obtain them then yes this is the next best thing and the other way to look at it is some existing collectors are buying this. Defend Zavvi and their releases hard as you like for whatever reason but there is also a following for the type of steelbook you call "four eyed one". To you their over priced but go ask a none steelbook collector, they will say these releases are all rip off maybe they may laugh about it. Depends on your area of interest within this hobby and of course the budget you have.

Now imagine you buy them all, the money will mount up for these in no time, I can tell you I got my releases slowly, not in a hurried fashion around this season, where it is hard enough for many. This just looks like Zavvi is cashing in, they sure want in on the action again. :D If you can afford these quick releases then that's your choice, we can both say back and forth rip off but a considerable amount will be spent in the end for anyone completing their collection.

I won't comment on this again, say what you like and interpret this in a negative manner or in alternative ways if you wish, it gets to the point where I agree to disagree. :yawn:

Reactions: neo and Flloydo
I am talking about my own personal view and yes it's a strong feeling, once you own the other steelbooks you can see the difference, deep down I would not be able to deny it, the Asian, Play and HMV releases are the standard for many, of course they cost considerbly more now. The asian or Film Arena Lentis have better depth, clarity and flip effects, sorry but that's the truth. These releases suit anyone that does not have any version, also for anyone that want to collect them again but some will wait until the price drops or leave them if they don't feel they like them.

I'm not laughing at anyones expense and I'm certainly not trying to look down on anyone, some collectors mentioned damages before from a magnet, I was just trying to help, even if the other collector does not care and says they do not about any damage risked. Not all are familiar with Magnets on a steelbook, not many of those from the UK until now, not everyone thinks alike when handling steelbooks, something simple to you may not be to someone else, also they may have different idea of a mint steelbook too, were here to help each other when possible. :)

There will be other videos and pictures, of course it's nice to have reviews, their open to comments too, just because it's a video does not mean it's always correct. The same reviewer said this is a poor release, so their not happy with it to some extent but want Marvel Steelbooks. I just think they look average, I'm still open to other reviews and pics as I already said before several times now.

The other releases will always set the bar does not matter what we say it's the way it has been a long time around here and other places, if you can't obtain them then yes this is the next best thing and the other way to look at it is some existing collectors are buying this. Defend Zavvi and their releases hard as you like for whatever reason but there is also a following for the type of steelbook you call "four eyed one". To you their over priced but go ask a none steelbook collector, they will say these releases are all rip off maybe they may laugh about it. Depends on your area of interest within this hobby and of course the budget you have.

Now imagine you buy them all, the money will mount up for these in no time, I can tell you I got my releases slowly, not in a hurried fashion around this season, where it is hard enough for many. This just looks like Zavvi is cashing in, they sure want in on the action again. :D If you can afford these quick releases then that's your choice, we can both say back and forth rip off but a considerable amount will be spent in the end for anyone completing their collection.

I won't comment on this again, say what you like and interpret this in a negative manner or in alternative ways if you wish, it gets to the point where I agree to disagree. :yawn:

Spot on

My only comment on unboxing videos, i hate the ones where they unseal them, put them down on the table or side and slide them about. Makes me cringe lol
The scratches!

Reactions: steelbobawny
I don't mind people sharing their opinion but the backhanded compliments and ridicule are becoming tiresome. I bought this because I wanted to, not because I missed out on the previous editions, not because I cannot afford the Blufans edition, not because I have inferior knowledge of Steelbooks and don't know any better. I made a conscious decision to go for this one and I assume many others have done the same. I think people should just accept that rather than trying to force their opinions onto others.

I don't mind people sharing their opinion but the backhanded compliments and ridicule are becoming tiresome. I bought this because I wanted to, not because I missed out on the previous editions, not because I cannot afford the Blufans edition, not because I have inferior knowledge of Steelbooks and don't know any better. I made a conscious decision to go for this one and I assume many others have done the same. I think people should just accept that rather than trying to force their opinions onto others.
:thumbs::thumbs:

Reactions: Smelly_Pickle
Oh yeah forgot about the debossed title. That looks good. And the inside art is ok but I hope if they do the second series the image is clearer on the front (hopefully learn from their mistake on the first steel and include back art too)

When did Zavvi ever learn from their mistakes? They make a mistake and then they correct that mistake with another, even bigger, mistake.
Zavvi, Zavvi, we loathe thee so :joy: