Guardians of the Galaxy (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 30, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11192347-3134340183123646.jpg

11192347-8164340183137617.jpg 11192347-1784340183165841.jpg

I don't mind people sharing their opinion but the backhanded compliments and ridicule are becoming tiresome. I bought this because I wanted to, not because I missed out on the previous editions, not because I cannot afford the Blufans edition, not because I have inferior knowledge of Steelbooks and don't know any better. I made a conscious decision to go for this one and I assume many others have done the same. I think people should just accept that rather than trying to force their opinions onto others.

Exceptionally well said. :thumbs:

It is ridiculous the abuse that people are getting for buying something they wanted to buy, others don't like it then that's fine, all this "...I'd be in pain to own these..." Really? In pain?? Come on lol

I think it's a a nice steel and people are allowed to buy it and like it. The ramblings are very tiresome I agree.

I think it's a good looking steelbook (without the lenti) and im very happy I sold my cassette version for it. I got £25 on ebay so it didn't really cost me to change neither. It's obviously not as good as blufans but definitely better than the cassette version in my opinion :)

I think it's a good looking steelbook (without the lenti) and im very happy I sold my cassette version for it. I got £25 on ebay so it didn't really cost me to change neither. It's obviously not as good as blufans but definitely better than the cassette version in my opinion :)

I hated the cassette version. But it's grown on me having it along side my blufans. If I didn't pick up the blufans I definitely would have purchased this zavvi one. It looks really good !

The cassette version is the only one I don't like for this title. This version from Zavvi seems to look decent but the Blufans will always remain the best from the lot.

Personally I welcome these 8 - formerly 2 lenti steelbooks out of 700 odd in my collection was a bit pathetic . . .
In a week or so it will be a grand total of 10 (LOL) making a tad more than 1% of my collection is lenti steelbooks.

Reactions: Smelly_Pickle
Personally I welcome these 8 - formerly 2 lenti steelbooks out of 700 odd in my collection was a bit pathetic . . .
In a week or so it will be a grand total of 10 (LOL) making a tad more than 1% of my collection is lenti steelbooks.

Not pathetic, fridge magnets aren't part of a steelbook collection in my mind lol. That's a lot of steels you have!

True, but now and maybe more so in the future steelbooks with lenticular magnets will play a bigger role?
Hopefully the lentis will keep on getting better and better until they are just as good as anything from S. Korea or indeed from anywhere else and I think most reasonable and reasoning people here (and there are maybe a few of those) will agree that the majority of these new lentis are a million times better than the previous "Avengers Assemble".

Yes, it's a fair number of steels, but having started from the very first one (Play.com's exclusive "Sweeney Todd" with booklet) I just couldn't stop and it became quite addictive so whenever they came out I bought them.
Thankfully, after contributing here for the past year or so and reading posts from some of the smarter members, I've been more cautious and now tend not to jump on them at pre-order when first 'live' though there are exceptions when I don't wait . . .

True, but now and maybe more so in the future steelbooks with lenticular magnets will play a bigger role?
Hopefully the lentis will keep on getting better and better until they are just as good as anything from S. Korea or indeed from anywhere else and I think most reasonable and reasoning people here (and there are maybe a few of those) will agree that the majority of these new lentis are a million times better than the previous "Avengers Assemble".

Yes, it's a fair number of steels, but having started from the very first one (Play.com's exclusive "Sweeney Todd" with booklet) I just couldn't stop and it became quite addictive so whenever they came out I bought them.
Thankfully, after contributing here for the past year or so and reading posts from some of the smarter members, I've been more cautious and now tend not to jump on them at pre-order when first 'live' though there are exceptions when I don't wait . . .

I think Zavvi did the lentis to possibly compete with Asia, Czech and Germany lol imagine that if they did.

I can't see Zavvi pushing them for except the marvel re runs (so the next antman and age of ultron and so on)
We will most likely see the odd release with a lenti (like the new hunger games collection) but the last one was life of pi for the uk and can't see studios going crazy with them in the future but saying that a lot of standard blu Rays gets a lenti slip and some are done really well.

I personally think some of these are on par with avengers assemble lenti and some are a bit better

If my memory serves me correctly, lentis are made up from Layers and the better they are the thicker they are and the harder they get. The most awesome one I have seen was a poster for Owls of Gahoole it was very thick and simply amazing in every way. If they could some how incorporate that into a steelbook they would literally pop out of the shelf. I'd want one.

Edit: This lucky guy owns the poster I mentioned and descibes it well. Something gotta see in real life http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=Girls+With+Guns

• Informative
Reactions: virkia and Flloydo
I think Zavvi did the lentis to possibly compete with Asia, Czech and Germany lol imagine that if they did.

I can't see Zavvi pushing them for except the marvel re runs (so the next antman and age of ultron and so on)
We will most likely see the odd release with a lenti (like the new hunger games collection) but the last one was life of pi for the uk and can't see studios going crazy with them in the future but saying that a lot of standard blu Rays gets a lenti slip and some are done really well.

I personally think some of these are on par with avengers assemble lenti and some are a bit better

True i was in HMV today and was checking out the lentis, most of them are really nice for depth. I particularly liked Terminator Genisys.
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...-slipcover-bonus-disc-hmv-exclusive-uk.71179/

Reactions: Flloydo
I don't mind people sharing their opinion but the backhanded compliments and ridicule are becoming tiresome. I bought this because I wanted to, not because I missed out on the previous editions, not because I cannot afford the Blufans edition, not because I have inferior knowledge of Steelbooks and don't know any better. I made a conscious decision to go for this one and I assume many others have done the same. I think people should just accept that rather than trying to force their opinions onto others.

Oh and don't forget that many out here are not in the elite club. It is those who come and poo on every single UK thread.

It looks most of them bought these but their ego and unconditional love towards Asian imports restricts them from praising UK releases.

True i was in HMV today and was checking out the lentis, most of them are really nice for depth. I particularly liked Terminator Genisys.
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...-slipcover-bonus-disc-hmv-exclusive-uk.71179/

I've got quite a few and some of the US Pixar blu Ray lentis are incredible, spiderman too. U.K. Transformers age of extinction is quality (could of been on a Asian release!), troll hunter aswell and they are on par with the elite lentis from other countires and these are just on a standard uk blu Ray releases.
Absolutely baffles me that the Zavvi lenti magnets are nowhere near this quality. Just don't get it

Yes, that's a very nice one though spoiled ever so slightly for me by the banner header.
Have a fair few lenticular slipcovers myself though my favourite so far remains the simple but elegant one for the HMV Exclusive 2-disc affair "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" from way back in 2009.
For anyone not familiar with this slipcover basic pics can be seen of it in post No.239 on the "Winter Soldier" thread.
Glad that they've done away with banner headers printed on steelbooks (thankfully now the j-card is used) but unfortunately they appear to be a necessary evil as they are still present on Blu-ray slipcovers.
EDIT: Sorry, Flash, just saw your post above re "BB" . . .

Last edited:
Lol

I dread to think
Without the lenticular it's a pretty solid steelbook nice title embossing with a cool art concept basing the theme around the prison. That theme is carried over to the interior with the infamous line up picture! All in all a very good effort but as usual zavvi sabotage it by putting a totally ridiculous lenticular on it!