digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 24th, 2014
Purchase Link: Guardians of the Galaxy
Price: £24.99
Notes: Includes 3D disc, Limited to 5,000 units
*Note: Live again as of 11/28-add both to cart from here. You should then see a 25.99 GBP discount applied in cart.

01.jpg

00.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
... Sums it up perfectly me thinks.

Surely this is a late April fools!?!?! What an absolute turd!!!

Nope - not really.

Maybe for you, but there are others that like this release. It's a change from the normal 'throw the poster on the front' mentality, and IMO is a refreshing change.

Yes I agreee it's not to everyones taste, but some people are over-reacting.

If you don't like it - don't buy it. Simple as that.

Nope - not really.

Maybe for you, but there are others that like this release. It's a change from the normal 'throw the poster on the front' mentality, and IMO is a refreshing change.

Yes I agreee it's not to everyones taste, but some people are over-reacting.

If you don't like it - don't buy it. Simple as that.

I seem to be in the minority that actually likes it! Missed out on the pre-order, so will be happy to take one from the hundreds that are protesting.

Reactions: Jay37 and mnementh
Not really mate, I have all Marvel films as steelbooks - my OCD will not allow me to get anything else! lol I'll stick with my order, resent the crap out of it and pray for a better release from somewhere (Blufans / Nova / Kimchi) :thumbs:

I'm guessing Nova then - although I expect it'll be the same steel under a slip/lenti. As far as I understand Blufans attempt to do WEA was rejected

Reactions: BradG1984
Well, at least the back has the characters on it.
imagejpg1_zps3cc034a9.jpg
If this is the back art (let's pray to God it isn't...) can safely say that it's even worse than the front artwork. For one, what's with the landscape image shown on a portrait steelbook, and at the angle it's at as well? Not to mention that the image itself is awful (where's the vibrant colours??!!?)

Reactions: Ataneruo
I'm shocked! So glad I cancelled this now. They have ruined the best film of the year. I keep thinking I'm going to wake up any minute but I've already slept twice since the artwork reveal in the last 28 hours so this is for real! FAIL

For one, what's with the landscape image shown on a portrait steelbook, and at the angle it's at as well?

Just a guess, but you didn't have a walkman in the 80's did you ? Or decorate it with stickers ?

This may be an over-generalisation, but I'm thinking this is going to be most appreciated by those who are around the age of 40.

Just a guess, but you didn't have a walkman in the 80's did you ? Or decorate it with stickers ?

This may be an over-generalisation, but I'm thinking this is going to be most appreciated by those who are around the age of 40.
I appreciate it (totally get the sticker on the back. They even made one corner look like it's peeling off) but I don't particularly like it as SteelBook art. Slipcover YES! But not art on a blockbuster Marvel title like this. It would be like Iron Man 2 having Tony's jug of green juice he was drinking :rolleyes:

imagejpg1_zps3cc034a9.jpg

Known Zavvi it will be Mono only :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

This might end up looking good
Yes the Artwork is very relevant to the Film

But for a Marvel Film most were expecting the Poster Artwork or something similar
I will be keeping my order and blame it on not going to Specsavers to get new glasses :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Reactions: dfoles
I love the "Don't like it, don't buy it" attitude from people who like it but are ticked off no one else does

I'd understand if the people who hated it were in the minority....but we aren't. You guys are.

It's not about right /wrong or majority/minority - it's about respecting other people's opinions.