digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 24th, 2014
Purchase Link: Guardians of the Galaxy
Price: £24.99
Notes: Includes 3D disc, Limited to 5,000 units
*Note: Live again as of 11/28-add both to cart from here. You should then see a 25.99 GBP discount applied in cart.

01.jpg

00.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What other Artwork choice have we got? I'll be going for the best of the worst, US BB with that slip...

I mean if everyone hates the artwork so much, then you could just not get the Steelbook. It's unfortunate that so many people dislike the artwork, but if everyone buys it, it's not gonna change anything for the future. I happen to like the artwork, so I'm definitely keeping the pre-order, but if it's SO terrible, I don't understand why someone would buy a Steelbook they don't like. If you want the movie, just get it in a regular amaray and hope that they do a reissue, or wait til another company (blufans, nova, etc..) releases a different artwork.

Reactions: lolwut
I mean if everyone hates the artwork so much, then you could just not get the Steelbook. It's unfortunate that so many people dislike the artwork, but if everyone buys it, it's not gonna change anything for the future. I happen to like the artwork, so I'm definitely keeping the pre-order, but if it's SO terrible, I don't understand why someone would buy a Steelbook they don't like. If you want the movie, just get it in a regular amaray and hope that they do a reissue, or wait til another company (blufans, nova, etc..) releases a different artwork.

I'm sure Disney is aware of the backlash re Artwork but it's too late to pull the production and Marketing...And yeah, hope for another release down the line :thumbs:

Reactions: jonnie123
Despite so many hatred comments towards this artwork, i still saw it got sold at $96 on ebay, the seller got 3 copies and all 3 got sold. Well, i guess some people did really like it.

Since when not liking an artwork is considered hatred?

Re-selling prices aren't a sign of how good or popular an artwork is. If anything, it shows that there are silly people out there giving away their hard-earned money like that. Be glad, you ain't one of 'em!

Since when not liking an artwork is considered hatred?

Re-selling prices aren't a sign of how good or popular an artwork is. If anything, it shows that there are silly people out there giving away their hard-earned money like that. Be glad, you ain't one of 'em!

I think there are a lot of people here that actually do hate the artwork on this one, though, lol. And, of course, to each their own.

Reactions: jonnie123
They'll bound to be a Kimchi/Nova/Blufans/all of the above release
If they do a release it will have the same steelbook and same artwork with Full-Slip/ Lenticular packaging and other extras been the only difference
Blufans possible might have different artwork but only when its considered a back catalogue title and if Disney/Marvel approve it and you wont see that happen till late next year or following year
You wont see different artwork while its considered a new release

The steelbook Artwork is worldwide with minor differences in some countries

Last edited:
Reactions: PKAVFC
Yes, the design(front/back) of the steelbook could have been much better, I would have prefered the black version, but this seems to be the final artwork
but more import to me, will it be available again or all 5000 copies already sold out?
I want one , this movie is great !
I'm sure there will be another release on Zavvi closer to the time of the release of the film.

I think it's clever what they did with this steelbook. I enjoyed the movie so much that I don't really care what the steel looks like. The only complaint I have about the steel is that it doesn't have any color. The movie was full of color and brightness and the stell obviously doesn't capture that at all.

As I've said before, I don't hate the concept (although it's not what I would have chosen), I hate the fact Disney have chosen a design that they can't actually do.

I would have thought that sensibly, Disney should have nixed this at the design stage...

Disney - 'Okay, how about using the Sony Walkman?'
Designer - 'Great. Have Sony given us the rights to the Walkman from the movie?'
Disney - 'Well, no'
Designer - 'Have they given us the rights to any Walkman?'
Disney - 'Umm, no'
Designer - 'So you want to do a worldwide release where you can't use any of the features that make it look like what you want?'
Disney - 'Well, yeah'
Designer - 'But I'm still gonna make it the right colour though?'
Disney - 'No no, no one will notice. Just do it grey'
Designer - 'Oh, okay. Now what does a FF button look like? Ahh, there's a skip button on Google images, that'll do, no one cares'

Or similar.

Cancelling this and going for the Best Buy one (I know it's the same art, I just hope there's a decent J-Card for it)