tnguyen13

Premium Supporter
Jan 26, 2014
NC, USA
Release date: July 2015.
World exclusive art (WEA) steelbook, embossed and gloss.
Print Run: 4000

There are 3 editions:
Ultimate Edition:
- 3D Disc, 2D Disc & Soundtrack
- Double-Sided lenticular slipcase
- Booklet

Lenticular Groot & Rocket:
- 3D Disc & 2D Disc
- One-sided lenticular slipcase
- Art Cards
** The Full Slip version was cancelled. The one-side lenticular slip replace it. **

1/4 Slipcover
- 3D Disc & 2D Disc​

00.jpg

11159140_10152860481557643_718133522_o.jpg

Rocket and Groot Edition:
994e34d5gw1er7dl4n8hsg209q0c9tx2.gif

One of Double side Lenti artwork for UE.
994e34d5gw1er7dk6rxm6g209q0c9e2s.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I got all the tripacks. Gotta build the sets myself tho. Bare w me. My side expect PM tonight. gonna plow through these like a madman. Need some space in the cave looking like we had a cave in with all the mondo con preps everywhere. I'm buried in steel.

If you had to choose between the Ultimate Edition and the Rocket and Groot lenticular, and you could only have 1 no exceptions. Which one do you cherish more and pick? They're both around the same price on Ebay and i'm thinking of grabbing one. Looking to make the best choice.

If you had to choose between the Ultimate Edition and the Rocket and Groot lenticular, and you could only have 1 no exceptions. Which one do you cherish more and pick? They're both around the same price on Ebay and i'm thinking of grabbing one. Looking to make the best choice.

Cant go wrong with the Ultimate Edition. Both are really well put together so you should be happy with either unless you decide both are worth owning..................ahem..........They are.

Reactions: Spacetime36
Cant go wrong with the Ultimate Edition. Both are really well put together so you should be happy with either unless you decide both are worth owning..................ssshhhsssss..........They are.

Hah. I'm sure they both are but there's no way i can justify paying that much for the same movie when i could get other stuff instead. No matter how good both are. Gotta choose one.

If you could only chose 1, I would chose the Ultimate Edition. It has double sided lenticular, the Front Lenti with the 5 Characters with The Title towards the Top of the Lenti has such a classy feel to it. Saw a video of the lenti and has great Depth from what I saw I was Impressed. Back Lenti we Get Star Lord which is not bad. You also get the OST with Booklet. You can't Go Wrong with it. I personally would chose this one if I could only chose 1.

But I would say look at Pictures and see what calls to you, which artwork do you prefer (but remember only Ultimate Edition as Lenti on both side)

PS: oh btw Warm Welcome to our home we call HDN ;)

Reactions: Spacetime36
If you could only chose 1, I would chose the Ultimate Edition. It has double sided lenticular, the Front Lenti with the 5 Characters with The Title towards the Top of the Lenti has such a classy feel to it. Saw a video of the lenti and has great Depth from what I saw I was Impressed. Back Lenti we Get Star Lord which is not bad. You also get the OST with Booklet. You can't Go Wrong with it. I personally would chose this one if I could only chose 1.

But I would say look at Pictures and see what calls to you, which artwork do you prefer (but remember only Ultimate Edition as Lenti on both side)

Good points.

I guess i like the team/group being represented as that's more true to the movie... it's about the team not just one or two of them and so that captures the spirit of the movie better and Star-Lord's essentially the leader and so him featured on back makes sense although i would've preferred something else like maybe a group shot of the villains on the back with Thanos hovering.

Okay. If i pull the trigger i'll go with Ultimate.

I use a program to track my purchases which files movies under their UPCs. Could somebody please post the UPC for GOTG UE? I'm used to different Blufans releases of the same title sharing the same UPC, but DVDProfiler is telling me that I UPC I have for the UE is actually the same as the Captain America 2 lenticular?!?!

If I didn't own the soundtrack then UE. Having handled all and really liking the rocket groot shot. I'd pick RG if I had to have one and already own soundtrack. There's group pic on back.

But that's me.

And here u go folks....

More to contact tomorrow bare w me.

View attachment 185710

Crap! You're right aha i didn't even realize the Rocket and Groot version also has a group pic. It's not featured but it's still there and some people were saying that you can get a reversed version where Star-Lord is on the front instead which would essentially flip it around to being equal. Except 2 lenticular sides vs 1.

I think the Ultimate has the better group pic but i prefer Rocket & Groot over Star-Lord so again somewhat equal.

I don't really need the soundtrack.

Hmmmm.

Thanks for the info. I'll sleep on it and see how i feel tomorrow.

Rocket and groot edition is best if you have ocd as it matches the other blufans releases. The UE is thicker and sticks out when next to the others. I also prefer the Lenti on the r&g version

Reactions: harry
I use a program to track my purchases which files movies under their UPCs. Could somebody please post the UPC for GOTG UE? I'm used to different Blufans releases of the same title sharing the same UPC, but DVDProfiler is telling me that I UPC I have for the UE is actually the same as the Captain America 2 lenticular?!?!

Yup, that's unfortunately true, had a bit of an issue with that myself as I use 'My Movies' app to keep track of my collection

Reactions: Kvack

It's sorted now bud. I added all the GotG a couple of days ago. The profiles have been approved. Go. Go. Go.

@AnubisNefer It was mentioned several posts/pages ago that there were some quality control issues (surprise, surprise) with the UE, where a certain number had its lentis put the other way around.
Thanks mate ;-)

But i prefer Star Lord's lenti anyways. So for me its an additional bonus. I find the Star Lord lenti has more contrast, clarity and awesome depth, whereas the lenti of the whole team is too red for me and pretty unsharp.

So i'm thankfull for the mixup ;-)