tnguyen13

Premium Supporter
Jan 26, 2014
NC, USA
Release date: July 2015.
World exclusive art (WEA) steelbook, embossed and gloss.
Print Run: 4000

There are 3 editions:
Ultimate Edition:
- 3D Disc, 2D Disc & Soundtrack
- Double-Sided lenticular slipcase
- Booklet

Lenticular Groot & Rocket:
- 3D Disc & 2D Disc
- One-sided lenticular slipcase
- Art Cards
** The Full Slip version was cancelled. The one-side lenticular slip replace it. **

1/4 Slipcover
- 3D Disc & 2D Disc​

00.jpg

11159140_10152860481557643_718133522_o.jpg

Rocket and Groot Edition:
994e34d5gw1er7dl4n8hsg209q0c9tx2.gif

One of Double side Lenti artwork for UE.
994e34d5gw1er7dk6rxm6g209q0c9e2s.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Comparing aesthetics of both steelbooks if it wasn't obvious enough for you.
Which is basically irrelevant then since they are different films from different companies.

If you were comparing this to the current version of the same film, then that would be relevant, and on that point this utterly destroys Novas Lenticular version [emoji4]

looks good to me,but it´s just an average Steelbook at the end of the Day-nothing special. The cassette player Design is something special and unique - imo.:thumbs:

totally agree with you, I always felt that the Walkman was a unique and very wise design... and of all the Version The Taiwan Slip complements so much the WWA Steel...

Agree with you :thumbs:

Reactions: padmaro
totally agree with you, I always felt that the Walkman was a unique and very wise design... and of all the Version The Taiwan Slip complements so much the WWA Steel...

I have the Taiwan slipped version. Not even in the same league as this. Nice slip on a turd still makes it a pretty turd lol.

Which is basically irrelevant then since they are different films from different companies.

If you were comparing this to the current version of the same film, then that would be relevant, and on that point this utterly destroys Novas Lenticular version [emoji4]

Can't really compare the 2 though, there different films, that would be like comparing the man of steel steelbook to the batman begins steelbook. If you was in the avengers zavvi thread then you could compare.

Not really that different are they ... both within the Marvel universe. I was just talking (typing) out loud if i'm being honest and wasn't inviting criticism.

totally disagree, I actually think the walkman design is beautiful and Taiwan Rocked it out with the slip on this release. I guess we will not come to an agreement on this :drool:

I've never seen such a divide when it comes to a steelbook design, the cassette cover art really is like marmite, you either love it or hate it, I saw the Taiwan slip on the bay a few months ago really regret not buying it.

Reactions: Actarus
I've never seen such a divide when it comes to a steelbook design, the cassette cover art really is like marmite, you either love it or hate it, I saw the Taiwan slip on the bay a few months ago really regret not buying it.
Most people across the net hated it, hence the limited HDN lenti slip to hide the damn thing lol.

Reactions: Kashby

indeed this is a case of hate it or love it and at this point, we have discussed it so often, lets just agree that some love it and view it as the best version and others will see the Blufans as the Best...so lets agree to disagree :p

When you get your Blufans GoTG, you'll fling that Walkman Taiwan version away. No comparison @ all lol. This is what they should have used to begin with instead of that terrible walkman idea (though I'll honestly admit, it was unique).

True collectors will hold on to both the walkman steelbook and this one. There is a day and night difference between both of them.

I honestly prefer the walkman version. I first got into collecting Steelbooks because of the unique and different artwork they used for them. This was the first steelbook I remember really going out of my way to buy....
2297037799_a1923ce291_m.jpg

Some would call it a boring design but I find it beautiful in it's simplicity.

As pretty as the Blufans GOTG steel book is, most of the artwork on it has already been used other non-steelbook releases and for that reason alone it puts it number two in my book.

Different strokes for different blokes.

When you get your Blufans GoTG, you'll fling that Walkman Taiwan version away. No comparison @ all lol. This is what they should have used to begin with instead of that terrible walkman idea (though I'll honestly admit, it was unique).

I honestly prefer the walkman version...As pretty as the Blufans GOTG steel book is, most of the artwork on it has already been used other non-steelbook releases and for that reason alone it puts it number two in my book.

Different strokes for different blokes.

@charleybusko You cannot Imagine at how much I am in Love with my Taiwan version of GOTG :drool:

like @Geek Tragedy stated even tough it is pretty, It's a greatly done one, and I will love it. Taiwan will never go number 2 in my book(to use Geek Tragedy's words). I have been Praising this Taiwan Version for so long now, like I did last year with Frozen Kimchi 1/4 Slip...

I honestly prefer the walkman version. I first got into collecting Steelbooks because of the unique and different artwork they used for them.

Amen. I LOATHE steels that use the standard poster art. My sole reason for buying the ultimate pack for this is the quality & additonal elements. In all other respects, I'm truly disappointed they went with such mundane artwork. And as for "most" people across the net hating the walkman (which, again, for my sins I really like and own), I have a major issue with people representing 'the majority' when it's just them and the circle of people they speak to that don't approve. As I can attest from before I even knew of HDN, there's a wide world of steel lovers that don't come here! And judging by ebay, they don't actually mind the walkman cover AT ALL :)

Amen. I LOATHE steels that use the standard poster art. My sole reason for buying the ultimate pack for this is the quality & additonal elements. In all other respects, I'm truly disappointed they went with such mundane artwork. And as for "most" people across the net hating the walkman (which, again, for my sins I really like and own), I have a major issue with people representing 'the majority' when it's just them and the circle of people they speak to that don't approve. As I can attest from before I even knew of HDN, there's a wide world of steel lovers that don't come here! And judging by ebay, they don't actually mind the walkman cover AT ALL :)

well said !

I approve this message :thumbs:

You obviously don't spend much time online then. Marvel, Disney and Zavvi's social media accounts were flooded with thousands of people complaining and begging for them to change the design. There are those that like it but they are but a fraction of those that don't, and that's not an opinion based on my small group of people it's based on many many hours reading those pages as well as other steelbook forums over a course of several months taking view of 10's of thousands of comments.

The only reason it continues to sell well is because until now it was the only steel for this film available. That's all about to change [emoji41]