Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 1 OST (CD SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 3rd , 2018
Purchase Link: Zavvi (pre-orders will be live December 5 at around 12PM noon UK time)
Price: £15.99
Notes: CD SteelBook (doesn't include the film) - Embossing on logo, Includes an 8 page booklet

11636141-1434535674223136.jpg

11636141-9564535674362333.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with all of the Zavvi Marvel Lenticular releases.
Did they make a lenticular version for the first GOTG?

They did a lenti release for all Disney/MARVEL steelbooks (from the first Universal's Hulk to Doctor Strange): Guardians of the galaxy Vol.2 is the only one missing (and, of course, Thor: Ragnarok)

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
From what I have seen of the Marvel TV shows they've been completely forgettable to utter garbage so, like many, Im glad they've moved on from the shared universe nonsense they were peddling in the early days to try and secure viewers
Then clearly you must have not seen Jessica Jones, Daredevil Season 1 and Punisher, coz those are brilliant.

While I'm hoping for Punisher it's probably gonna be GOTG vol. 2 or Spider-Man Homecoming. Although, would the latter even be advertised as Marvel Studios movie? They co-produced it but the distributor is still Sony.

• Thanks
Reactions: Robsonmonkey
Aren't those Netflix Marvels done by ABC Studios? I'm now guessing GotG 2

Technically yes. Since ABC is a subsidiary of Disney, I can only imagine that the actual production of the shows are run by ABC Studios personnel and secured with ABC funding- despite the show being distributed on Netflix. I'm not 100% certain on this, but it seems the most likely.

The Punisher or the Iron Fist both are great shows!

Subjective. I thought the Punisher was a fairly decent (if not thankfully tonally consistent) show where Frank Castle goes the whole series without actually being the Punisher.
And Iron Fist I couldn't muster the interest to finish the last 5 episodes.

Albeit, I do have a harsh grading curve. The only Marvel endeavor I would consider truly "great" would be Jessica Jones.

was thinking gotg2 but then thought what about dr strange as has been a while now.

anyway be a marvel with a lenti (it has happened with most now) not that zavvi have ever had a good lenti to date, anyway see the usual circus

1. secret marvel steel coming
2. it be amazing
3. hype it up some more
4.it comes out
5.lentis sh1t
6.steels ok
7. sells out
8.format returns

personally think i just stick with blufans you pay more but as the old saying goes pay for what you get, and you won't have nagging doubt about something not right.

basil :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Scary Hair
If anything, I'd argue that the Marvel films classify as forgettable garbage

You won't find me disagreeing with this. Iron Man, GOTG 1 and 2 and Winter Soldier were decent to good. The rest have been filled with forgettable and underdeveloped villains, cgi armies and forced fights between the "heroes". Spider-man 2 is still the best movie featuring a Marvel character.

• Thanks
Reactions: FN-2187
You won't find me disagreeing with this. Iron Man, GOTG 1 and 2 and Winter Soldier were decent to good. The rest have been filled with forgettable and underdeveloped villains, cgi armies and forced fights between the "heroes". Spider-man 2 is still the best movie featuring a Marvel character.
Success proves differently.
Come back when you're a Hollywood film maker.

• Thanks
Reactions: tommyh84

Damn straight.

Success proves differently.
Come back when you're a Hollywood film maker.

Success has many calibers of measurement.
There’s a reason why people don’t remember aspects of these movies- the plots, the details, the characters, the fact that there’s a Second Thor movie. The biggest benefit of these films is that they specifically tell the audience not to take them seriously- and that’s why they have such a large appeal. I actually had a very interesting conversation about it with someone the other day- with a woman who said that she hates watching movies, and that the only things she enjoys watching are the two “Bad Moms” movies and the Marvel Movies.

If these movies are as bad as you guys are saying they are, surely it would show with diminished box office returns.

Maybe you expect too much from movies based on comic books.

"They're just comic book movies" makes no sense when we've had stuff like The Dark Knight that had real ambition and basically transcended the genre. You can make a genuinely memorable and compelling piece of cinema starring a guy in a bat costume.

Not saying they all need to be The Dark Knight, in terms of tone or quality, but trying to shove all superhero movies into one box will be what kills them in the end.

• Thanks
Reactions: FN-2187
"They're just comic book movies" makes no sense when we've had stuff like The Dark Knight that had real ambition and basically transcended the genre. You can make a genuinely memorable and compelling piece of cinema starring a guy in a bat costume.

Not saying they all need to be The Dark Knight, in terms of tone or quality, but trying to shove all superhero movies into one box will be what kills them in the end.

I find Marvel movies compelling, can't say I have disliked any one of them. Sure Nolans Batman trilogy was great, but DC has always been darker in tone and more serious than Marvel.

The Winter Soldier was darker in tone and offers somehing different, and I think Civil War does too in some ways. The way they build up to the Avengers and link them all up is fantastic.

• Thanks
Reactions: winter_soldier
If these movies are as bad as you guys are saying they are, surely it would show with diminished box office returns.

Maybe you expect too much from movies based on comic books.

That’s part of the indemic problem.
Yes, these movies aren’t great. They’re not terrible, but they’re technically proficient enough to be fine films while simultaneously lacking all semblance of creative input. And no- they wouldn’t reflect diminishing returns... because the general audience doesn’t have what would traditionally be known as “good taste”. That’s why we’re on our 5th (?) transformers movie while films such as Bladerunner 2049, despite its quality, suffered heavily at the box office.

And equating the films to comic book movies is a disservice to the filmmakers like the aforementioned Christopher Nolan who does produce more than what would be harkened to “a comic book movie”. It’s a bit like trying to take away from the value and superb film of The Empire Strikes Back by comparing it to an episode of Family Fued where the contestants occasionally whack each other with brightly colored sticks.

The problem isn’t that Marvel movies are bad, it’s just that they lack any thing that would otherwise make them great.