Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Collection No. 15) [Korea]

Hooltra

The French Touch
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
Paris, France
Release date: March 29, 2018
Purchase link: KimchiDVD (Pre-order on March 22 at 2 PM Korea Time - Check your local timing HERE)
Price: $49.99
Note: 700 copies (Lenticular Fullslip Only)
Group Buy: hosted by Cooey HERE (Now closed)

56291E6F-F88E-42ED-B8A7-265A52F5CDFB.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Low print run + Kimchi + Marvel. It was always going to sell out
But still, when considering the seemingly unnatural choice of artwork, and that this is just the dressed up WWA steel, one of many, from various retailers.... am honestly surprised it sold out so quick.

It just feels like THE laziest, shove-something-together-quick-and-sell-it-yesterday kind of release, I’ve ever seen (personal opinion/first impression sort of thing).

So even when considering the obvious points you mention, to me, it’s still a tad surprising.
It’s too little to late for me I guess is what am saying :)

But still, when considering the seemingly unnatural choice of artwork, and that this is just the dressed up WWA steel, one of many, from various retailers.... am honestly surprised it sold out so quick.

It just feels like THE laziest, shove-something-together-quick-and-sell-it-yesterday kind of release, I’ve ever seen (personal opinion/first impression sort of thing).

So even when considering the obvious points you mention, to me, it’s still a tad surprising.

But you could argue that it isn't lazy and quickly thrown together with how late it has come. Infact, you could argue that the choice of artwork is what most collectors scream out for as it is original and not used before on other releases. The very same thing was done with Spidey and that is most definitely one of the best slips for that film. Aside from the WWA, which obviously none of us want time and time again, I am glad they do these releases because they are unique in a varied collection. If they have no other choice but to release a WWA then why not dress it up? I think it looks great. Personal taste and all that.

I don't think it's lazy at all. Not a patch on the Blufans work IMO, but easily the next best. The colours are superb, the lenti will be one of the best, the booklet will be of a high quality and the extra cards again will be some of the best available.

Disney are notoriously hard to work with, which has been documented by other companies before as well as Kimchi. This is why Kimchi's Disney releases always usually come much later than the rest of the world has they are given very strict limitations on what they can and can't use. Also, you have to remember that Kimchi are a Korean retailer selling to a domestic market. Anything outside of Korea is a bonus (I've been told this first hand).

Look at regular Kimchi releases, forgetting the fact it's a Marvel related release. They always pretty much sell out instantly. When it comes to Marvel, it's again pretty much a guaranteed sell out. With a low print run of only 700 copies it was always going to be an instant sell out. I know you are surprised by how quickly it sold out....I'm surprised you were surprised by it.

But you could argue that it isn't lazy and quickly thrown together with how late it has come. Infact, you could argue that the choice of artwork is what most collectors scream out for as it is original and not used before on other releases. The very same thing was done with Spidey and that is most definitely one of the best slips for that film. Aside from the WWA, which obviously none of us want time and time again, I am glad they do these releases because they are unique in a varied collection. If they have no other choice but to release a WWA then why not dress it up? I think it looks great. Personal taste and all that.

I don't think it's lazy at all. Not a patch on the Blufans work IMO, but easily the next best. The colours are superb, the lenti will be one of the best, the booklet will be of a high quality and the extra cards again will be some of the best available.

Disney are notoriously hard to work with, which has been documented by other companies before as well as Kimchi. This is why Kimchi's Disney releases always usually come much later than the rest of the world has they are given very strict limitations on what they can and can't use. Also, you have to remember that Kimchi are a Korean retailer selling to a domestic market. Anything outside of Korea is a bonus (I've been told this first hand).

Look at regular Kimchi releases, forgetting the fact it's a Marvel related release. They always pretty much sell out instantly. When it comes to Marvel, it's again pretty much a guaranteed sell out. With a low print run of only 700 copies it was always going to be an instant sell out. I know you are surprised by how quickly it sold out....I'm surprised you were surprised by it.

Like I said guys, purely my opinion on the lazy factor :)
I just honestly didn’t believe this one wouldn’t sell out(i’ve Been wrong before as I expected Snowpiercer to be a fight to get, but it was easy. So easy, I went back hours later for the full slip. Judged that one totally wrong also.)

Plus, am hoping /expecting these guys or nova will do a nice WEA eventually, like we got with the first movie, late last year, making this one pointless ;) :p

As a Kimchidvd groupie this is a no brainer for me. I LOVE the cover art. Missed out on the pre order, just paid twice the price for a copy from a Korean vendor off the bay. Don’t care, have to have it. Still hoping Nova does a WEA though.

Kimchi always bring their lenti on higher level than previous effort, just look at that it´s like from a different world :OMG::OMG:, the clarity, colors, depth, sharpness, it´s like a fullslip with a depth :D just unbelievable :oohyeah:

GB copies arrived yesterday. Lenti is superb! Real nice slipcase, Kimchi have done a great job on this.

GB members, I’ll contact you next week regarding shipping

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord