Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #45) [China]

Apr 5, 2013
Newport, UK
Release date: 1/4 edition only - this month (September)
https://shop.hidefninja.com/product...ay-3d-2d-blufans-1-4-slip?variant=42410166469
Notes: WEA, embossed and full gloss. 2D+3D.
Group Buy: hosted by cooey
1/4 slip - Very limited quantity, to be sold via the HDN store at a random time on September 9
1/4 slip + One Click - HERE
One Click - Ultimate Edition - Lenticular - Full Slip

One Click - $197
Double Lenti - $70
Single Lenti - $65
Full Slip - $64

9a438038gy1fk4thw10cfj22831imk7a.jpg 9a438038gy1fk4ti0xlc6j22881io4h2.jpg9a438038gy1fk4ti97c79j22851io4ik.jpg 9a438038gy1fk4ti5e06tj22821inasv-1444x985.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure this topic has cropped up more than once previously lol.
People collect for different reasons, do they not?
It's alien to some people but it's like me saying why have The Fonz as your avatar when he hsn't been 'cool' for 40 years. Swings and roundabouts.

I don't open any of my premiums like a lot don't, so the WEA within most steelbooks (Cap 2 kimchi for example) don't get to be seen in hand.
I guess that is what photos are for for most of us.
A lot of us decide on buying from photos anyway initially so if that's where your decision gets made then why bother opening it up to see it in hand when it arrives?
Plus if it's damaged then... what a ball ache!
Plus... that big outer box is artwork too, do you not admire that also?
I can sort of understand keeping individual slips sealed ( not really) but keeping the whole damn box sealed and never being able to experience the wonderful lenticulars up close ( photos do nothing for lenticulars) and not being able to display the individual slips??????????
To me it's like buying a beautiful painting but never ever actually taking it out of the wrapping.

And wasn't the whole idea of the 1/4 slip was for the benefit of the people who kept their slips sealed so that they could enjoy the actual steel.

I can sort of understand keeping individual slips sealed ( not really) but keeping the whole damn box sealed and never being able to experience the wonderful lenticulars up close ( photos do nothing for lenticulars) and not being able to display the individual slips??????????
To me it's like buying a beautiful painting but never ever actually taking it out of the wrapping.
Is it not different with Blufans anyway? I thought with the boxes you can take the individuals out to admire the artwork on the slips / lentis?

There's not really any ryme nor reason behind what I open and what I keep sealed (for those who care);

Blufans - open all 1/4 slips, keep everything else sealed unless it's my only copy of the film (which normally isn't the case)

HDZeta- open everything

Film Arena - open everything

Nova/Manta/Kimchi/Plain - keep everything sealed

Only caveat to the above is that in the case of a boxset I'll always open that part even if I keep the contents sealed

• Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad
There's not really any ryme nor reason behind what I open and what I keep sealed (for those who care);

Blufans - open all 1/4 slips, keep everything else sealed unless it's my only copy of the film (which normally isn't the case)

HDZeta- open everything

Film Arena - open everything

Nova/Manta/Kimchi/Plain - keep everything sealed

Only caveat to the above is that in the case of a boxset I'll always open that part even if I keep the contents sealed

With Plain Archive I open the steels/slips but never open the envelopes contains art cards. When those PA envelopes are sealed I just can't bring myself to break the seal :angel:

Is it not different with Blufans anyway? I thought with the boxes you can take the individuals out to admire the artwork on the slips / lentis?

Their recent box sets have been a little more in the Novamedia/HDzeta/Manta style in that they're not the old hulking shoe boxes anymore. The individual editions and the individual steelbooks inside those editions are now sealed inside a nicer style box. So if you don't open the box you don't get to see the editions inside.

I admit that I can't get myself to remove the shrink wrap or open any of the everyday steelbooks.
I kinda wish steelbooks weren't shrink wrapped and came in some kind of box or plastic slipcover (like the Mondos) but not sealed. Or those plastic boxes that some of you use to put your steels in after you open them to help preventing scratching. I never get to look at the back of the steels due to the J card.

That way there wouldn't be any such thing as New In Box, or extra value and then I wouldn't have to make that decision.

And sometimes the J card actually makes the front of the steelbook look better!

Last edited:
So does the standard one click come in a box too like they have done with force awakens and dr strange?

GB is very early concidering they haven't done rogue one or beauty and the beast yet.

GB is very early concidering they haven't done rogue one or beauty and the beast yet.

was thinking the exact same thing, considering rogue one had been announced a while ago.
wondering if we end up with this tomorrow and rogue one next week or week after.
but also no foward coming info on either site its not helping anyone plan there moneys either.

basil :thumbs:

Reactions: Flloydo
was thinking the exact same thing, considering rogue one had been announced a while ago.
wondering if we end up with this tomorrow and rogue one next week or week after.
but also no foward coming info on either site its not helping anyone plan there moneys either.

I was hoping to one click this but if it's very soon then I won't be able to afford it. Our GBs usually come after the other site anyway so still over a week until the 1/4 slip GB (dr strange was different because Kevin was on holiday or something) and then in honesty I hope the standard GB Is at least a month after the 1/4 GB.
I'm not sure what you mean by this tomorrow though?

Either rogue one will be this month and the standard guardians non 1/4 slip will be October or they have moved/ swapped them around. I can't see rogue one and vol 2 being the same month but I could be wrong

Kevin stated the 1 click will be in a box same as force awakens.
The shoe box is a free gift if you order the 1 click same time as the quarter slip.

Ahh ok. Couldn't work out what it meant plus I couldn't see the image. Cheers

I was hoping to one click this but if it's very soon then I won't be able to afford it. Our GBs usually come after the other site anyway so still over a week until the 1/4 slip GB (dr strange was different because Kevin was on holiday or something) and then in honesty I hope the standard GB Is at least a month after the 1/4 GB.
I'm not sure what you mean by this tomorrow though?

Either rogue one will be this month and the standard guardians non 1/4 slip will be October or they have moved/ swapped them around. I can't see rogue one and vol 2 being the same month but I could be wrong

Ahh ok. Couldn't work out what it meant plus I couldn't see the image. Cheers

sorry confusing myself very tired been up london (work) out 5.30am been long day and mot on car lot running around,
you should see all the minions on the bfis glass walls looks good lol

what i meant other site think if mem serves is 9th for there gb week sat but reckon these all going to be slung together in the end. and kev put back rogue one to save everyones wallets. personally would have rather have had rogue one near to start of month and this near the end which would have balanced out way better.
personally i think rogue one end up the back end of sept and we may see if very lucky christmas if not new year but its not looking good really. it could have been planned way better imho.
and if it cocks up to bad think some people we be choosing the way that they can afford it.

starting to ramble now loooooong day