Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #45) [China]

Apr 5, 2013
Newport, UK
Release date: 1/4 edition only - this month (September)
https://shop.hidefninja.com/product...ay-3d-2d-blufans-1-4-slip?variant=42410166469
Notes: WEA, embossed and full gloss. 2D+3D.
Group Buy: hosted by cooey
1/4 slip - Very limited quantity, to be sold via the HDN store at a random time on September 9
1/4 slip + One Click - HERE
One Click - Ultimate Edition - Lenticular - Full Slip

One Click - $197
Double Lenti - $70
Single Lenti - $65
Full Slip - $64

9a438038gy1fk4thw10cfj22831imk7a.jpg 9a438038gy1fk4ti0xlc6j22881io4h2.jpg9a438038gy1fk4ti97c79j22851io4ik.jpg 9a438038gy1fk4ti5e06tj22821inasv-1444x985.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
See my last post.

I see it after I posted that. Yeah makes sense you done it that way

But still annoyed we don't know a final price. Like I said I could go for this if the standard one click is limited and then sell the 1/4 slip and box but I'm worried this will be far too high and I can't pay it then I loose $30

I see it after I posted that. Yeah makes sense you done it that way

But still annoyed we don't know a final price. Like I said I could go for this if the standard one click is limited and then sell the 1/4 slip and box but I'm worried this will be far too high and I can't pay it then I loose $30
Try not to fret too much about it. Not good for your health. We may have been nuked to another galaxy by then.:p

i'll be buying (trying hard and hopefully not failing this time) a copy later, not going to go head-first for a shoebox with no BS. i've grown more impulsive this year, but not that impulsive. :LOL:

with the steel, i still like the inside image, but i'm also still bothered by Zoe Saldana's obvious no-show for the photoshoot, resulting in her being badly shopped-in afterwards. it's actually accentuated more in the colour version than the b+w (below):
BF GotG V2 Inside Art.jpg
Inside Art shared by Kevin/bluraysteel

i quite like this, even thought it's more of a promo shot.
guardians-of-the-galaxy2.jpg

and of all that fails, if all the marketing is still about baby Groot, they can always put a version of this image on the back of one of the slips!
from the link image for the viral video here:
GOTG Wick.jpg

Attachments

• GOTG2 lineup.jpg
    GOTG2 lineup.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: K.i.T
It amazes me that we don't get BS before a GB. Not we don't even know the price and we give money we can't get back for an item we also don't know when it's getting released. This sh**t is getting out of control.

Personally I think the $30 non refundable payment shouldn't of counted on this. A bit like when a GB has gone up for film arena before a Beauty shot and after the reveal you can back out if your not happy.

It should be the same for this and any other GB that goes up before a beauty shot

I know it's not just this site doing the $30 non refundable deposit but I'm saying in general it should be refundable (from all sites) if your not happy with the art when it's revealed

Personally I think the $30 non refundable payment shouldn't of counted on this. A bit like when a GB has gone up for film arena before a Beauty shot and after the reveal you can back out if your not happy.

It should be the same for this and any other GB that goes up before a beauty shot

I know it's not just this site doing the $30 non refundable deposit but I'm saying in general it should be refundable (from all sites) if your not happy with the art when it's revealed

If you don't like the final product can't you just turn around and resell it at a profit?

Has the 1/4 slip sold out already?

yes 1/4 on its own did
https://shop.hidefninja.com/collect...ay-3d-2d-blufans-1-4-slip?variant=42410166469

but all the singing and dancing
1/4 with one click and extra boxs etc is still doing but make sure you read all details of gb as more money to add on later
https://shop.hidefninja.com/collect...ay-3d-2d-blufans-1-4-slip?variant=42410166469

but the other forum only sold 39 out of 100 of there 1/4s if thats what you really want.

the rest of the other gbs for this will be in early oct.

basil :thumbs:

yes 1/4 on its own did

but all the singing and dancing
1/4 with one click and extra boxs etc is still doing but make sure you read all details of gb as more money to add on later

but the other forum only sold 39 out of 100 of there 1/4s if thats what you really want.

the rest of the other gbs for this will be in early oct.

basil :thumbs:

thanks for the notes,, wondering why this was a month before others?

It was mentioned in the other forum that the 1/4 slip was easier to get approval from Disney. The use of art on the full and lenti takes more time so the 1/4 and 1/4 portion of the complete combo were offered for earlier shipping. Because we as steelbook collectors want our steels NOW.

per Kevin on the other site....1/4 slip doesn't require as many approvals as the other editions & can be shipped earlier than the others. If you get the 1/4 slip + 1-click than I'm guessing you have to wait for all to be ready. Edit: for the 1/4 + 1-click the 1/4 slip & gift box will be shipped ahead of the 1-click...shipping end of September...1-click end of October per other site. Cheers!

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Radagast
So will the GB for the other editions be a blood bath Like Dr Strange?

Well I guess that could depend. Since some people decided not to get in at this time because they haven't seen the so called beauty shots, when they do see them they may not be interested.

Dr Strange having been such a bloodbath, I think Blufans overestimated the popularity of this release by increasing the print run from 2k to 3.5k.

Personally love Blufans, but I have to be selective as I cannot afford them all.
Loved Vol.1 and so happy to have it in my collection, but when it comes to Vol.2 I didn't think the movie was as great as the first one.
Was enjoying the first half of the movie...
...but when they got to the Planet it's where it got boring for me.
Plus I really cannot get passed the back artwork of the steelbook.

Wow people are buying something without knowing final price. Wish I had disposable income like that!

I've bought one, but it's about planning.
It's not difficult to see that this set - a one click plus quarter slip (with box and groot) is going to cost more than a regular one click or a combination of a regular one click and quarter slip. You can put a rough estimation on how much it will be based on previous one clicks and quarter slips.
It's not any more 'disposable income' against anything else you buy, whether it costs more or less.
Some people know in advance that they can budget for this and therefore no different to ordering something where you do know the price. If you know you really want this item then you are going to already have the money for it in advance as one clicks are costly as it is, but fair for what you get and what the expectation is nowadays.
I agree that they should release final price before a group buy goes live but again, it's about planning and budgeting. Maybe those that think this is too much but still want it anyway should look at cancelling other items.