HDN Event HDN Horror Celebration 2012 - Celebrate Halloween & chat about the last horror flick you watched!

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
hdn horror fest 2012.jpg

Visit the 2011 thread here

Some people watch one flick per day for October,to celebrate Halloween. Others start early. Feel free to chime in with favorites you've seen, those you're watching and or recommendations/reviews.

Have fun & welcome back this year!
DB

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching Wrong Turn 5 tonight! Soooo excited - I love the Wrong Turn films.

Re. The Tall Man - saw it a while ago, not that great, really doesn't turn out to be the film you thought it was going to be.

How are you getting to see WT5? The missus and I love the Wrong Turn films and are very much looking forward to Wrong Turn 5

Started watching some horror/sci-fi flicks while getting prepped for Halloween. Three down, crap-loads to go! :hilarious:

Watched:

DOOM - While I know a lot of people hate this film, I actually enjoy the hell out of it. Karl Urban and Dwayne Johnson both did a good enough job and there was a couple suspensful scenes. Could it be better? Of course... but what it does it does well.

Case 39 - Umm... it was okay. That's the best I can do.

Dawn of the Dead (remake) - Damn, I love this film. James Gunn did a good job with the script and this is probably my favourite Zack Snyder-directed film. The cinematography and set design is just incredible in it.

Watched the entire Friday the 13th collection last week and now am watching the entire Nightmare on Elm Street series....

Saving the last weekof October for Halloween series and Fulci/Argento movies

Watched The Hitcher (Remake) last night.

Gonna go for a double feature tonight, House Of 1000 Corpses And The Devil's Rejects. Great Friday Night Entertainment :scat:

See now there's two horror movies that I think are overrated, especially Devil's Rejects. I do like House of 1000 Corpses, but felt so much was missing from it (i.e. should've been more Dr Satan, etc)

EDIT: WHOOP!! 3000 posts!

Watched Insidious for the first time earlier this week. A film of two halves, great first half and a very odd/disappointing second. I also watched the prequel to The Thing, it wasn't as tense or engaging as John Carpenters but I actually thought it was a very solid film. I'll be leaving The Exorcist, Shining and Halloween 1978 until Halloween night, might watch Dawn of the Dead or some cheesy 80s fun like Fright Night this weekend. I need some new horror films I've never seen before though, was thinking of getting The Decent and/or Rec, can anyone who has seen these tell me if they're worth it, or recommend some more? :) And great avatar snowblood, Trick r Treat is a really cool little film that has turned into a Halloween tradition!

Just watched House Of 1000 Corpses, Great as always. Little break & then Devil's Rejects.

@ Gaveecho Highly recommend The Descent & Rec, Great horror movies. Rec is Spanish if you don't like watching films with subtitles, Personally it don't bother me.

Reactions: Gaveecho
Will be watching 'The Descent' with some peeps at my house next week as a little Halloween get together, woot! And 'Halloween' back on big screen at end of Oct,ha!

Watched The Hitcher (Remake) last night.

Gonna go for a double feature tonight, House Of 1000 Corpses And The Devil's Rejects. Great Friday Night Entertainment :scat:

Not a fan of The Hitcher remake, the originals a classic though!

Just watched 'The Sentinel' from 1977 as recommended by a friend from a long list of films involving some kind of possession. Definitely a weird one, but the lead was cute:) Now per Tridon's post I may rent 'The Crazies' from Amazon VOD. I am trying to desensitize myself from blood and gore so I become less of a weenie :hilarious:

Reactions: tridon
Watched 'The Crazies' (remake) today, pretty entertaining! I liked the husband and wife combo kicking zombie ass. There were some funny scenes in there for sure, esp the car wash, lol.

Reactions: tridon
Watched Grave Encounters 2 yesterday

It was good, but not as good as the first IMO

Wrong Turn 5 today

Well we watched Wrong Turn 5 and Dark House today

WT5..... as always good fun
and was surprised to see Doug Bradley as a main star! Would love to see him come back and do another decent Hellraiser film!

Dark House........man that was bad!

Watched Alien, I know it's much more a Sci-Fi than a horror but it does have elements of horror in it. Hadn't watched it in a few years and was really surprised at how well it holds up, a really superb film. Thanks for the recommendation Snowblood, bought Rec and gonna watch it tonight! Going to buy The Decent too and get it watched before Halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.